I Can Tell

PANCAKES!!

Adie's P.O.V.:

I looked up at the clock that read 8:32 a.m.

“I set up the tables outside, if you want to finish decorating.”

“Sure, but after I finish my pancakes," he said through a mouth full of his breakfast.

“It’s getting pretty late. Did you see if Jakob was awake yet?”

“Ya, he’s playing in his room, I think.”

I got up and walked up the stairs.

“Jake, do you want some pancakes?”

“PANCAKES!” he said dropping the toys he was playing with and running through the hallway to the stairs. “PANCAKES! PANCAKES!”

That's what I had expected. The boys love pancakes, and even at the mention of the word they act like they've just been handed a million dollars.
I laughed and walked after him.

Billie’s POV:

As I stuffed the last bite of pancake into my mouth I heard Jakob screaming Pancakes and then watched as he ran into the kitchen and sat down at the table beside me.

“Morning daddy!” he said in a cheery voice.

“Morning bud.”

“I’m having pancakes,” he said happily as he watched Adie walk through the kitchen doorway and pull his favorite Hot Wheels plate out of the cupboard.

“Three please!” he said and smiled a toothy grin.

“Jake, you won’t be able to eat that many. You can start with one, then we’ll see,” said Adie setting a plate in front of him.

“Fine…” he said in a disappointed tone.

I watched him as he shoved a fork full of pancake into his mouth as syrup dripped from his mouth, onto his chin and into his lap.

“Slow down there, you’re making a mess,” I said standing up and placing a napkin on his lap.