I Can Tell

Daddy, What Does Sex Mean?

“Joey what were Uncle Tre and Auntie Claudia doing in there? I know they told a lie and mummy and daddy say lying is bad,” said Jakob, as he attempted to climb up onto the big fluffy bed in the center of the room.

Seeing as he is six years old and mom and dad are short, Jakob hadn’t even hit the four foot mark yet so watching him run into the side of their bed and bounce backwards was quite amusing. But I shouldn’t be talking. I’m only four foot five, making me the shortest in my class at school.

“Maybe you should ask daddy that when he’s done talking to Uncle Tre, till then we’ll watch Aladin.”

“Okay,” he gasped, as he finally got onto the bed.

Billie’s P.O.V.

“Even for you this is really stupid Tre,” I said, trying to calm down. He walked over to the bed where Claudia was still laying under the covers and handed her her shirt.

“You've got five minutes to get downstairs,” I said and slammed the door shut. I headed towards my bedroom where I knew a million and one questions awaited me.

“Hey guys. Ooooooo Aladin!” I said, as I walked over to my bed where Joey and Jakob were laying on their stomachs watching the movie.

I climbed into bed and lay between them. I pretended to watch the movie, but it was pretty hard considering I was getting a stare-down from Jakob. I rolled my head in my hand so I was face to face with Jake.

“Alright Jake. What’s up?” I said, hoping his little six-year-old brain had already forgotten about the incident.

“Welllll....Joey wouldn’t tell me......what Uncle Tre and Auntie Claudia were doing.”

I looked at Joey who was pretending to ignore what we were saying by focusing on the movie. I sat up so I was now leaning against the head board of the bed and rubbed my eyes.

“Uncle Tre was being stupid, that’s all,” I said, trying to avoid what was really going on.

“Well Joey says I’m being stupid all the time, but I never do what Uncle Tre was doing,” he said, a little confused.

“I mean, what they were doing was stupid.”

“Well what were they doing?” he asked.

Shit.

“I don’t know if you’re old enough to understand this but ... well ... ummm ... you see when two people, like Uncle Tre and Auntie Claudia, are in love and married....” I said, stressing the word married.

“They sort of....well....they want to show how much they love each other,” I said, as I watched Jakob nod his head slowly.

“So....they have...ummmm...sex,” I said to Jakob, who started to cringe.

“What’s sex?” he asked.

Oh God. He doesn’t know what sex is and now I have to explain it. I hate Tre right now!

At this point Joey turned his head and said,

“He already told you. It’s when two people want to show how much they love each other! Now stop talking, I can’t hear the movie,” said Joey, sounding really annoyed.

He looked back at me and winked. They both turned their attention back to the television.

How the hell does he know what sex is? I didn’t have “the talk” with him yet. Oh god. I hope to fuck that Adie did it without me cause I don’t want to have to ask him how he knows that. Then that will lead into talking about sex. With my 9-year-old son. And I don’t want that.

“Okay guys I gotta go back down to the party. If you need anything we’ll be outside on the deck,” I said, as I stood up and walked out the door.

“Okay,” they both said, while watching the movie.

I looked at my watch as I reached the stairs. 8:44 p.m. I looked down the hall to see that Joey’s room was now vacant. I headed back downstairs to find Adie.