I Can Tell

Pancakes!

THE NEXT DAY:

Adie’s POV:

I slowly opened my eyes to a pitch-black room. I felt Billie’s arm around my waist and his head nuzzled into my side. I looked at the clock that read 5:48 a.m. Sighing heavily, wishing that I could sleep late like Billie or Joey, I slowly removed his arm from my waist and got out of bed. I hopped in and out of the shower, put on my torn jeans and a shirt that read “Vinyl rocks” and headed to the kitchen.

I turned on the kitchen TV, while waiting for the coffee to finish perking. Flicking through the channels, not seeing much to my interest, I suddenly saw Billie flash across the screen. I went back to MTV and listened:

After almost 2 years of waiting, Green Day has finally announced that they will be releasing another album. Here’s what Billie Joe had to say about it when he recently visited New York. “It’s a very personal album because it was inspired by how we feel about all of the miss- haps taking place, which adds a lot of character to it. Critics will probably hate it, but that’s what we aim for.” The album is to be released September 21st of this year and they are set to hit the road for their world wide tour on September 24th.

Just what I needed to hear/ I thought to myself. I hated it when Billie was on tour and I wanted to forget about it, so we could at least enjoy the rest of his time home. I quickly turned off the TV and walked over to the cupboards. Pulling out a large mixing bowl, I poured pancake mix into the bowl and warmed up the stove. I finished making the pancakes, but I was still the only one awake so I put the plate stacked with pancakes into the oven to keep them warm.

I started to set up the tables, that had been delivered last night, in the back yard. I left the rest of the decorating to Billie and went back into the kitchen and started making food for the party. I made anything I could think of; chip dips, fruit trays, veggie trays and salads.

As I was sitting at the table looking through a cookbook, thinking of what else I needed to make, Billie came through the door. His hair was sticking out in all directions and he had crease marks down one side of his face from his pillow. His eyeliner from yesterday was smeared around under his eyes, giving the affect that he had been crying. He was wearing the pair of black and white plaid boxers that his mother gave him for Christmas last year.

“Good morning,” he said through a yawn, as he went to the counter to pour himself some coffee.

“Morning,” I replied, going back to my cookbook.

“What are you doing?” he asked, looking at the stacks of books that surrounded me on the table.

“I’m looking for something else to make for the party.”

“Just put out a couple of things and some chips. They’ll be happy with that.”

“Ya, I guess so,” I said, standing up to put away the books. “There’s some pancakes in the oven if you’re hungry.”

“Pancakes!” he said and his eyes grew wide.

He quickly jumped up grabbing a plate from the cupboard and running to the oven. I laughed at his childish actions as he reached into the oven, grabbing the plate with bare hands.

“FUCK!” he yelled loudly in pain.

“Billie! The boys are sleeping!” I shouted in a whisper.

Sorry,” he said, as he stabbed two pancakes with his fork and plopped them down on his plate. "But that's fuckin' hot!"

I looked at him and shook my head as he gave me a foolish smile.