Status: first Ryan Wolfe story - sorry if it sucks ):

Keeping Me Hopeless

Losing A Father

Finally graduating college was probably the biggest accomplishment for me. When I was finally called up to get my diploma, I looked into the crowd and saw my dad standing up. He was cheering me on and taking pictures as I took the diploma into my hands.

My dad was one of the wealthy guys in Miami. He owned a car company. My mom, she divorced him when I turned 18. My dad is a workaholic, he doesn’t date. I’m the only girl in his life right now.

My dad took me out for lunch and then had to get back to work. I didn’t mind, my friends took me out clubbin’ later at night.

As I said goodbye to my dad, I went straight to my room to start getting ready. I plugged my iPod and Lady GaGa’s Bad Romance started blasting through the speakers.

I danced around my room, looking for clothes. Ready to party.

I want your lovin’ and I want your revenge, You and me could have a bad romance

As I stumbled back towards my house, pretty wasted, I noticed there was yellow tape around my house. Drunk or sober, I knew there was something wrong. I grew scared and walked even faster.

“Ma’am, I cant let you in here, this is a crime scene.” One of the police officers stopped me from walking into my house.

I couldn’t believe I was drunk and tried my best to not slur my words.

“I live here.”

I saw the very well known Horatio Caine walking towards us, “Officer, is there a problem?”

“She claims she lives here.”

I grew frustrated, “I’m not claiming anything. I live here. My dad is Alejandro Vega. I have an ID.”

“Miss, are you under the influence?”

I stayed quiet, “Is something wrong with my dad?”

Horatio wouldn’t let me by, “I’m sorry, but your dad was murdered.”

I froze and just stared at him. Maybe if I stared long enough, I would wake up from this nightmare.

But I knew it was true, and I broke down into tears. Horatio hugged me and tried to comfort me, but it wasn’t working. I knew it wasn’t my fault, but why did it have to happen today? Of all damn days, it had to be today.

“I’m gonna have one of the officers ask you a few questions. Is that alright?”

I just nodded, “Can I at least see him one last time? Before you guys open him up and all that stuff.”

Horatio nodded, “Come on, I’ll take you.”

I followed him into my house that seemed so scary now that I know what happened here just a few hours ago.

I saw someone examining him and Horatio told them I was just going to say goodbye.

I looked at my dad and held my tears, he wouldn’t want me to be like this. He would’ve wanted me to be strong and remember all the good times we shared.

But as I looked at him, I noticed something on his lip. It was a powdered substance.

“Horatio, what is that on his lip?”

The EMT took a closer look, “It appears to be cocaine. But I won’t know for sure until I run through tox. That’s a good eye you’ve got there.”

I smiled, or at least tried to. “Does that mean my dad was doing drugs?”

“We can’t confirm anything, we have to process everything.”

I looked at Horatio, “Please find whoever did this.”

“That’s my job.”

And with that, he walked off. I was questioned and then they let me go. I decided to just sit on the patio. There was nothing else I could do.

“Hey, you’re not supposed to be here.”

I turned around, “I live here and since you people are processing my house, I have nowhere else to go.”

The stranger nodded, “Just don’t touch anything.”

I continued to sit there and just stared up at the sky. What was I going to do now? Sure enough, I’m going to inherit everything my dad owns. But I wasn’t sure how to live on my own. Even if I was 22, I had a job and everything, but by myself I was clueless.

I thought about my dad, he had mentioned a few days ago that if anything ever happened to him, that I had to make sure his files weren’t missing. He showed me and everything. Then I decided to go tell that guy that said I didn’t belong here.

I saw him taking pictures where my dad was found and tapped his shoulder. He quickly turned around.

“Is something wrong?”

I shook my head, “My dad told me a few days ago, that if anything ever happened to him, I had to make sure certain files weren’t missing. I’m guessing they were very important.”

He just nodded and pulled out his phone, “Delko, it’s Wolfe. Yeah, I have the victim’s daughter here. Look through his office and look for any signs of struggle. She just said her dad told her to protect them. Okay, bye.”

Mr. Wolfe smiled, “Thank you, maybe it’ll give us a lead on who the killer is. By the way, the name’s Ryan, Ryan Wolfe.”

“Samantha Vega.”

“Well, Samantha, I gotta get back to processing this scene. Thanks once again for the help.”

I nodded and went back to what I was doing, sitting. About an hour later, I saw people beginning to leave.

“Hey, Samantha?”

I looked up at Ryan, “Are you guys done in there?”

“Yeah, it’s been cleaned as well, you can go in now.”

I smiled, “Thank you, and please thank the rest of the team.”

He just smiled back, “Do you have anyone else staying with you? One of guys from the team said that the files are still there. If your dad said to protect them, then it means the killer didn’t finish their job.”

I hated hearing him say killer. It scared me.

“Uhm, no, it’s just me. But I was taught self defense since I turned ten. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“Okay, if you say so. But here,” he handed me his card. “If anything happens, call me right away. I actually don’t live that far from here.”

I nodded, “Thank you, Ryan.”

His smile wouldn’t go away, but he just said goodbye and left.

My house wasn’t a mansion, I didn’t want to appear spoiled. When we moved to Miami, I told my dad I wanted a decent sized house. He went along with it and bought this 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, kitchen and living room house. I liked it, it was cozy. But now, without my dad, I felt very alone.

I decided to sleep in his room, it made me feel less alone. I got ready for bed, it was around 3am now. I crawled into his bed and tried to get some sleep.

I let it out, silently crying and wishing I had at least said goodbye.

As I cried, I heard sudden movement downstairs. I stopped crying and paid close attention. And then I heard a window break and I tried to not scream. I was now frightened.

I remembered what Ryan told me and grabbed my phone and his card from the nightstand.

My hands were shaking as I dialed his number.

“Wolfe,” I heard Ryan say into the phone, I definitely woke him up.

I whispered and cried into the phone, “Ryan, someone’s in my house.”

I heard him shuffling around, I was guessing he was getting up.

“Samantha? Where are you? Are you in a safe spot?”

“Yeah, I’m upstairs. But I think they know I’m here. Ryan, help me.”

“I’ll be there in a few. Hide somewhere farthest from the door. Stay there, what room are you in?”

I grew quiet as I heard more thumping, “In my dad’s room. Please hurry.”

“Okay,” and with that he hung up.

I quietly got off my dad’s bed and crawled into his empty hamper that was in the corner. I stayed there and tried to not listen to what was going on downstairs. I heard police sirens and I heard yelling. I knew they were taking care of things, but the noise just scared me even more. Then I heard footsteps, I knew someone was coming up here. They must’ve heard me crying or something. The footsteps were heavy, I knew it was a man.

I closed my eyes shut and hoped they wouldn’t find me. The lights flickered on my I covered my mouth from screaming.

“Sam, Sam, it’s Ryan. We caught them, you’re safe.”

I came out from hiding and just started crying, not caring that it was in front of Ryan or anyone.

He saw me and rushed over, like Horatio, he tried to comfort me.

He welcomed me with open arms, and I didn’t know what else to do. I didn’t have anyone else to turn to. So I collapsed into his arms and kept crying. He kept mumbling things into my ear, telling me everything would be okay. That they would make sure nothing happened to me.

I didn’t cry for that long, I was always like that. I cried for a few minutes, and then I would be calm.

“Are you okay?”

I shook my head, “I was so scared. I thought I was going to die. Or get kidnapped. Did you guys take the files with you?”

“Yeah, they could be the reason your father was killed. And we caught both men who were here. You have a broken window in your dad’s office. But don’t worry, Horatio’s making sure you’re being protected.”

I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t even know this group of people, but here they are, making sure I’m safe.

“I don’t know how to thank you guys.”

Ryan looked down at me, “No need to, I’m afraid that you can’t stay here by yourself.”

“But I have no other place to go. I’m sure no one else will come. Can’t I just stay here? This is all I have left of my dad.”

Ryan stayed quiet and told me to hold on a second. He pulled out his phone and called someone.

“H, yeah, I’m still here. I’m trying to get her to be somewhere else, but she insists on staying here.”

Then he began to mumble, “H, this is all she has left of her dad. I know, bright and early. Okay, bye.”

He put it away and looked at me, “Do you have an extra room?”

I softly smiled, “Yeah, my room. Is someone going to stay with me?”

“Yes, Horatio really doesn’t want you here alone. Do you mind going for a little ride?”

I shrugged, “Sure.”

Turns out, Ryan was asked to stay in my house. We were going to his place to grab some of his things and then head back to my house. I walked in behind him and sat on the couch as he went to his room. His apartment was very tidy for a guy. Nothing was out of it’s place. Not that I was a total junkie, my place was clean too, but his was just extremely clean.

I saw him coming out of his room with a duffel bag and stood up.

“Nice place, very tidy.”

He chuckled, “Yeah, I’m a bit OCD.”

And for the first time since I left the club, I laughed. “Your secret’s safe with me. I have my pet peeves too.”

He crossed his arms and smirked, “Like what?”

“Hmm, it’s not really a pet peeve. But I’m considered a tree hugger.”

Now it was Ryan’s turn to laugh, “Really? Is that why your dad named his hybrid line of cars after you?”

I chuckled, “Pretty much, I told him I wasn’t proud with the fact that he didn’t have hybrid cars. So, he got to work and next thing I know, Green Sam Hybrid commercials start going on TV.”

“Well, Miss Tree Hugger, if you don’t mind, I think we should head to your house now. I’ve got work in a few hours.”

“Oh my, I’m sorry. Let’s go.”

A few minutes later, I was showing Ryan my room and told him to make himself at home.

“Thanks for staying Ryan, let me know if you need anything.”

His smile appeared on his face, “You’re welcome. If anything, I’m next door.”

I nodded and I don’t know why, but hugged him. He hugged back, “Goodnight Wolfe.”

“Night Sam.”

That night, I went to sleep very peacefully knowing I had someone protecting me next door to me. Even though I lost my father, I knew there was a reason behind it. I just hoped they would catch whoever killed him before they got to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, this is my very first Ryan Wolfe/CSI: Miami story D:
I read all the other ones and I’ve gotta say, you guys are wayy better writers than I am w/ this stuff
Hope I don’t disappoint (:
I’ll try & update tomorrow, if not Tuesday :]
Comment & Subscribe <3