Status: complete.

Before the Storm

Business, No Pleasure

Alice tried to get to Edward as fast as she could. She figured they were both nearly done with hunting, so getting back to house was not going to be an issue.

"Edward!" She screamed at the top of her lungs although she had no reason too.

"Alice? What's going wrong?" Edwards face contorted in worry as he watched her freak out.

"Its Althea! She's planning on going to the Volturi!"

"What!? How do you know?"

"I had a vision, just know! We have to stop her," her face grew more anxious by the second.

"Of course!" They were running back to the house within seconds, quickly closing the gap.

Within a minute they were there and jumping into Alice's Porsche.

"Where?"

"Seattle airport," she said quietly and he gunned it out of the garage.

-----

"Where to?" The lady behind the counter looked like she could care less. She was probably just looking to get out of there.

"Voltura," Althea said quickly. It was hard being around all these people. The most she'd been around since her transformation was 2-3 people. And they weren't together at once! She was struggling a bit but thought about the end result and figured she could hold out a little while. Besides even when she was with the Volturi she wasn't going to bite anyone, she was just going to expose herself to a few people and get it down and over with.

"Mhmm," she smacked her gum and printed out a ticket and she pointed her in the direction of bag check in. Althea glanced down at her ticket and assumed it would be a small airport considering she hadn't even heard of the city before Edward had told her about it.

It seemed like a bit of a drastic measure, even to her. But she realized what it would mean if she didn't do it...an eternity of heartache and sadness. A life she'd never be able to get rid of. A life she didn't want. 

She remembered that even Edward was sad for a long time. Now that he had Bella, he was finally happy. But it had taken what seemed like forever. 

"Ughh," she sighed and put her head in her hands, "why can't things go back to how they were?"

She looked around the airport and noticed the people milling about. A few people her age, looking eager to start on their journey to somewhere foreign. A few families holding signs, waiting for their arrivals. She frowned at the idea that no one would ever wait for her. 

She had no one anymore.

She was utterly alone.

-----

Alice and Edward ran, in their best version of average human running, to the ticket counter.

"Next flight to Voltura!"

"Its not for another five hours," the same girl from earlier was still smacking her gum.

Edward groaned inwardly to himself, "is there anything faster? A layover, transfer, anything?!"

"Rome. In two hours and then drive there," she shrugged, "I guess that would be faster."

"Just give us the tickets," his patience was wearing thin as he skimmed through her thoughts and saw how dumb she really was.

"Hmmm," she sighed and thrust the tickets at them.

"Edward? What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, Alice. We have to do our best to stop her. Are you seeing anything?"

"No," she scratched her head, "everythings all fuzzy."

"Hopefully she'll make the right choice if we don't get to her," he looked down at his shoes and studied them intently. It was the only way to keep his mind of the doom, the impending doom he was sure was coming.

----

Althea wanted the plane ride to just end. It seemed like it was taking forever. But then again, what was forever when you were guaranteed to live for all eternity?

"Is this your first time going to Italy?" The girl next to her seemed super eager to get off the plane too.

"Yeah," she smiled weakly and avoided her gaze.

"You're really beautiful," she said shyly as she looked Althea up and down.

"Thanks," she replied and frowned. She had been lavished with compliments from people all day and was getting tired of it. Did they need to point out the obvious?

"What are you going there for?"

This poor girl was starting to annoy her so much and hadn't done anything...it made Althea feel bad, but she didn't want to field anymore questions.

"Business," she snarled with a tone of finality. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, lovelies.
Enjoy.