Status: complete.

Before the Storm

After All These Years?

"Are you there more of you?" Althea asked when she had gotten over the initial shock of the news. Something about absolutely astounded her, yet she wasn't so surprised. She was one of the few people who truly believed anything was possible.

"You-you could say that," Paul grimaced as they walked back to Sam and Emily's house. He figured Sam and the others wouldn't get mad that she now knew, since, technically, he didn't tell her. She figured it out on her own!

"Anybody home?" Althea called when they stepped inside the delicious smelling kitchen.

"In the dining room," Emily's voice carried back over to her. Althea dragged Paul behind her as she skipped into the room. The rest of the pack looked at Paul and assessed the situation. He had no scratches or marks or anything. What happened?!

"Are all of you werewolves then?" She asked as she sat down next to Quil.

"Paul!"

"Hey, don't just blame me! I didn't tell her anything,"

"Yeah, come on guys, give me some credit! I did figure it out on my own. I saw the wolf-Paul and put two and two together. So. You guys all are werewolves, huh? Cool," she smiled and bumped Quil on the shoulder. Quil didn't have time to stop before her fist collided with his shoulder. Even though it was the lightest touch, her hand immediately felt nothing but pain, "okay ow!"

"Sorry, Thea! I would have warned you but-"

"Yeah, yeah. You all are indestructible, right? I should have known," she grimaced as she shook her hand to get rid of the last bits of pain.

"Something like that," Jacob grinned as he walked into the house, "alright, Thea?"

"Fine," she hissed at him, "you too, Jake?"

"Yup," he sat down and started popping some bacon strips into his mouth.

There was a knock on the door that interrupted Althea's further questioning of the wolf pack. Emily raised her eyebrows as if to say who the hell knocks around here? as she went to get the door. The boys and Althea listened to the quick conversation between Emily and the mysterious knocker.

"What's going on?"

"Althea? This came for you," the scarred girl answered and handed Althea a medium sized package.

"Strange. I never get packages," she shrugged and took the box. She ripped open the box and pulled out a small jewelery container. Althea popped the box open and pulled out the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. It had a long, oval, silver front, inlaid with what looked like small diamonds, "ohmygoodness."

"Thea! Who sent that to you? It must be worth a fortune," the boys' eyes grew wide as they took in the magnificent ring. She shook her head and delved deeper into the package and found a small envelope. She hastily ripped it open and started to read it.

"My dearest Althea,

Although I have not been in your life, I have always, always, always loved you my darling daughter. Everyday I have hated myself for not being with the one love of my life and my beautiful daughter. Pride, dear Althea, can be a vain thing to have. It is what kept me from coming back all these years. After I heard that your mother died, I was beside myself with shame and hate. I wondered what would happen to you? We have no other family. I knew it would be a pointless thing to come back, because I knew you wouldn't want to live with me - and I cannot say I blame you. I figured you'd much rather live with the people who've known your whole life, the ones that have shown you the love that you always deserved, and the place who've called home. I spoke to an old friend who lives in Forks, right outside of La Push. He would be more than happy to have you live with him, his wife, and their adopted children. You'll be taken down there tomorrow. I've arranged for a cab to come and get you to take you there. You'll always be welcome back in La Push, I'm sure. The ring I've enclosed, it was your grandmother's. She loved it very much and I thought you would too. I will always love you, my baby.

Love, your father
"

"Can you believe that nerve?" Althea snorted as she flipped the letter onto the table, "for seventeen years I've never had a father, and suddenly he wants to take authority? And he thinks that ring can make up for it?!"

"What are you going to do?"

"What can I do? He is techincally my father, and I am still a minor...I suppose I'll have to go," she sighed and took the box, with the letter and ring and threw it into the trash, "where it belongs."

The boys just stared at her with looks of awe. What kind of a girl would throw away a beautiful ring?!

"You're always welcome here, Thea. Our home is your home," Emily hugged her gently.

"Thank you. You all will always be my family," she sighed and headed for the door, "I suppose I better pack."

"I'll help in a bit," Emily called back to her.

"This is horrible," Paul sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Why?"

"Why do you think, Pup?"

"I don't know," Jacob stuck out his tongue.

"Because I imprinted on her,"

The only sound in the room was a collective gasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me :)