Status: Complete. Read the last chapters Author Note to understand why.

Dear God

December 28, 2009.

Five unheard messages.

First unheard message,

Received on December 25 at 8:53 am.

"Hey Jaide, it's mom. Wondering where you are. If you forgot it's Christmas. You should be here. Why aren't you? Did you go out partying last night? You know you re-"

Message erased.

Next unheard message.

Received on December 25 at 12:35 pm.

"Hey Baby cakes, it's dad. Just got a call from your mother, saying that you're not at Christmas with her. She asked if you were here, I didn't know what to tell her. You know your mother means well, she's just con-"

Message erased.

Next unheard message.

Received on December 26 at 3 pm.

"Hey girl, it's Mickey. You have defiantly, should have came yesterday. Where were you? It wasn't a party with out you! You really need to come out one night. It's like we never see you anymore. Oh Jamie says HI!!! alright, talk to you later boo. BYE!!!!"

End message.

Next unheard message.

Received on December 27 at 5:42 pm.

"Hey uh, sis. It's Jimmy. I um, just wanted to call you, to see how you are doing. Um yeah, I didn't see you on Christmas, so. Call me back. We should get together or something. I'll find a way out there, because I know you won't come out here. So yeah, just call me, umm sometime. I-I love you sissy."

I looked down and sighed figuring I would call him back. I picked up the phone, when the next messaged started.

"Jaide. It's mom. Listen, I need you to come home." There was a heart ranching sob coming out of her throat. "It's Jimmy. He...He's gone."

And like that my world turned upside down. I dropped the phone and looked at my answering machine. "W-What?" I mumbled and picked up the phone and dialed my mother's number. As soon as I heard the ringing stop, and a weak, 'hello.' come from my mother's mouth I started at it. "Mom! You have to joking. Jimmy can't be dead. He just called me last night!" I ranted.

"Jaide baby, he is." A sob and some ruckus.

"Mom! MOM!" I screamed and heard someone else get on the phone.

"Jaide it's dad. You're mom...She'll be alright. She's just having issues, that was her baby boy. Just come home, Jaide. You can stay with me if you need to."

"Yeah...Yeah.. You're right. I'll take the first flight out." I said biting my lip and hanging up. I threw the house phone and run up to my room and started packing while grabbing my cell, calling the airport. "JFK airport, how may I help you?"

"Hi.. I need a ticket to Los Angeles, California for today!" I shove all the stuff I would need into a bag. I hear the man do some clicking and searching.

"There is a plane leaving for Los Angeles, in about two hours. Can you make it here by then? We also would need a name to reserve your ticket until you get here of course."

"Jaide... Jaide Sullivan." I told him and hung up after he told me to be here as soon as possible. I grabbed the two bags I had and shoved my wallet and cell in my pocket. I run out the door of my apartment and locked the door quickly. Running out of the complex and yielding a cab, I was on my way to JFK airport. I paid the cab driver and got my bags out as we reached the airport.

An hour and half and six hundred dollars later, I was on a plane to California, the last place I wanted to be after the five years of not being there. This was going to be hard.