One for the Razorbacks

Part 2:

Chapter 2

I was woken up by my friend’s skateboard rolling into my side. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her running towards me, chasing after her rollaway board.
“Morning!” she yelled a little too energetically. I groaned. It was cold and dark underneath the overpass, but I could see the bright sun shining down where the side of the rail ended, reflecting off of puddles. I stood up slowly and stretched my arms out. The sleeve of my sweatshirt drifted off of my wrist and towards my elbow, exposing the splice I had made last night. Sam’s eyes widened and her awake smile turned into pur disappointment and a little aggravated.
“You did it again Razor?” she practically yelled.
“Yeah, so?” I was defensive, but having her march over here and start criticizing me before I could even get my daily 7-11 coffee fix, was not what I planned to do this morning.
Sam rolled her eyes. She was annoyed, and a bit worried. She was always looking out for me, and making sure I was taking care of myself.
I loosened my mood and calmed myself. “I’m trying to stop, okay?” I said more quietly. She walked over to me, obviously forgiving me, and put her arm around my shoulder.
“C’mon. Let’s go see what things we can find today.” And we walked out from the highway, my home sweet home.