One for the Razorbacks

Chapter 9

AH! I'm not sick no mores. I've been writing...a little... BUT------ This chapter is the loooooonnnnnnnngggggggest chapter so far. I hope you enjoy it. Sorry I made you wait this long. Gosh, I'm such a bad updater...But I'm a good writer, right?
Wait! PS- What do you want to happen? I neeeeeeeeeeeeed predictions and opinions and suggestions and ideas. PM me. Or say them in your comment. Oh, yeah, and COMMENT. I love them.
<3 Tori


Chapter 9

(NO ONE’S POV)

They walked back to the house, just in time for the pizza to arrive.
As soon as they got situated, Joey pulled his dad into the living room. When they were sure Razor couldn’t hear them, they stopped.
“So, what did you find out?” Billie whispered.
Joey shrugged. “She’s not a teenie, dad. She doesn’t even know who you are!”
Billie’s face showed relief, but then to confusion. “She doesn’t know who I am? Me? Master Rock God Of All Humanity??”
Joey shook his head. “Dad, she asked me if I if I’d ever heard of Green Day.”
Billie reasoned with it. He thought it was better to have a homeless girl with no idea who he was come to his home, rather then an obsessed teenie.”

-Joey’s POV-

I’m glad Razor doesn’t know who Dad is. All the girls at school just want to go out with me because my dad’s some big rock star.
But there’s just something about Razor. She’s funny, and cute, and nice, but I just feel like she’s hiding something.
That was weird when she wouldn’t let mom see her arm. Maybe she was abused or something…
I walked back into the kitchen, to see if she wanted to go upstairs and listen to some music or whatever.
She was laughing about something mom must’ve said.
I sat down next to her at the island.
“Hey, you wanna go listen to some music or something?” I asked her, and she smiled.
“Yeah, that’s cool.” And we walked up to my room.

-Razor’s POV-

I walked up to his room, but stopped at the mirror in the hallway. My eye wasn’t swollen anymore, but it was still black. And it still hurt. I looked like a mess, with a few cuts and stuff on my cheek. God, that bitch had sharp fingernails.
He led me into his room. It was a big change, from the white hallway and then right into a room with dark red walls and black carpet. I looked around. It was clean and really organized, apart from sheets of paper scattered all over the floor in the corner, and a guitar that was lying under the mess.
I plopped onto the couch that was on that side of the room.
“You’ve got a nice room.” I said.
“Yeah, I guess.” He scanned over the huge selection of CD’s towered on the wall. “So, what do you want to listen to?”
“What do you got?” I twirled around my hair, making myself at home. It wasn’t everyday that you got a nice, warm house to hang out in.
“I’ve got just about everything.” He flipped through a separate CD tower. “Ah ha. Here.” He put in a CD to the stereo.
I had the urge to do what I normally do that time of night, but I usually did it in privet.
Fuck it, I thought. I don’t really care what he thinks.
So, I slowly and quietly reached down into my shoe, and got my beloved friend.
He wasn’t looking so I quickly unwrapped it, thinking maybe he wouldn’t see. I took a deep breath, but as I had the blade rested on my wrist, I heard him say,
“I see you.”
I looked up. “I could care less what you see.” And I slid it across my wrist.
I admired it just for a moment, wrapped my wrist back up in the bandanna that I use to hide it, then I looked up at him.
His eyes were wide open, his face looking a little horrified.
“Uh, didn’t that hurt?” he gestured towards the little rim of blood on my wrist.
“Nah.” I never really talked about my cutting before. But then again, I had never cut in front of anyone before, either.
I took a second to listen to the song that was playing. It was catchy.
“What’s the name of this of this song?” I asked, interested in the title.
“Welcome to Paradise.” He stood for a moment, then walked over to me.
“What?” I asked, seeing as how he was staring at me.
“Why won’t you tell me your name?”
Uh-oh. I panicked.
“I don’t know.”
“Yes you do. You just don’t want to tell me.” He sat down beside me. He smelled good.
I just wanted to sink down into the couch and relax, spill all of my secrets until there would be nothing left. Nothing to left to hide. But he hadn’t done anything worth my trust. Yeah, he took me in after the fight and let me stay at his house, and that should’ve been enough. But it wasn’t. I’m from the streets, and when that’s all you’ve known for the last year, you learn to trust NO ONE. Except those who’ve earned it.
“I can’t tell you my name.” I said firmly, but with a smile.
“Why not? If it’s something embarrassing, like Rudyard or something, I promise I won’t laugh.” He snickered.
“You won’t be laughing, because I’m not telling you.”
He sighed. “Fine. Be that way.” He folded his arms childishly.
“Aw, did I ruin your plan?” I started to laugh.
“No, you just hurted my feewings.” He was trying to be all kidding and focused on keeping a straight face, but it didn’t stay that way, on account of he started to smile and burst out laughing, making me laugh.
So, we’re sitting there, laughing our asses of, until I felt it coming—oh, yes—the most ungirly thing in the whole world—I couldn’t stop it—oh, God, then it came… SNORT.
I snorted, which made him laugh harder, which made me laugh even harder, and guess what—I snorted again. By then I had forgotten why we even started laughing in the first place, and my ribs were getting sore, so I tried to breath, and when I finally got a whole breath in, right before I let it out, I saw his face not even centimeters away from mine, his beautiful green eyes staring straight at me. I felt exposed, like he could see the every inch of my skin, feel every beat of my racing heart, hear all of my secrets. Not even a few seconds of staring had passed until I blinked, and saw the flash of his face before I felt his lips crash against mine, the spark of magic flowing from one body to the other, the heat of his touch gathering around my neck, and finally the feeling of passion escaping my tongue and tasting the spearmint from the gum he was chewing. The feeling of his mouth colliding with mine and the whole world just fading away and leaving him and I sitting on his couch making out.
I broke away just for a second, to get into a more comfortable position, that just happened to be across his lap, and then reconnected my lips with his, my head all light headed and fairy.
We continued like that for a while, letting our caution flee out and blend into the sounding of the rest of the CD and then through the clicking of the CD changer switching.
My thoughts parted away, leaving me to not worry about anything, not even the slightest afterpain in my wrist. We were just snogging away, giggling every so often out of amusement.
I didn’t feel the least bit of shame or embarrassment or guilt while I explored the spearmint tasting mouth of the guy I had only met only hours before, that is, until I was startled by someone clearing their throat at the doorway.

O_O