Status: FINISHED :D

Music Academy

Dreaming With a Broken Heart

Maybe I was over reacting. Maybe I was right to act this way. Either way I knew I couldn’t handle this anymore. I closed my eyes as began to hum. It was the only thing I could think to do. The words played in my head as the sounds of people calling my name got louder. I didn’t mind.
I fell asleep there without a care in the world. My life felt complete as the lyrics flew through the night time sky.

“I love you” Dahvie said to me as the sun reflected off his beautiful face. I smiled at him, knowing that he meant it.
“I love you too” I whispered. He pulled me closer.
“I need you so much closer” he whispered. His voice echoed through my mind.
I need you so much closer, need you so much closer, you so much closer, so much closer, much closer…closer.


I woke up in my bed in my cabin. Someone had found me and brought me here. I looked around. No one was in here. I mentally smacked myself. For a moment I had thought Dahvie had been here with me. I released the breath I realized I had been holding. I climbed out of bed and grabbed my keyboard and started to play my favorite John Mayer song.

“When you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part. You roll out of bed and down on your knees and for a moment you can hardly breathe. Wondering, was he really here? Is he standing in my room? No he’s not. Cuz he’s gone gone gone gone gone.” I sung quietly as I played. I didn’t realize someone had walked in at that moment.
“When you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the giving up is the hardest part. He takes you in with your crying eyes, then all at once you have to say goodbye. Wondering, could you stay my love? Will you wake up by my side? No he can’t, cuz he’s gone gone gone gone gone”
“Hey” a voice interrupted. My fingers crashed against the keyboard, making an awful noise. I didn’t want to turn. I couldn’t turn around. My whole being depended on it, but I turned around anyways to feel those familiar lips crashing into mine. It felt like a dream. I had to be dreaming. This was only my broken heart trying to mend itself with false hope, but I wasn’t complaining. He pulled me closer, running his fingers through my hair as I pushed the keyboard off my bed. It made a loud noise and I hoped it didn’t break, but his lips took my mind off of it all. I couldn’t let myself pull away, though my lungs were begging for oxygen. I couldn’t let this memory go. I couldn’t let him go. Tears poured down my cheeks and he pulled away. It made me cry more to see his face. It made me cry more to see his eyes looking at me in worry. They were grey like the first time he had looked into my eyes during the free sing.
“Hi” I breathed in. He smiled and I reached to touch his face. He didn’t disappear like I had thought he would. I felt his smooth skin on the tips of my fingers.
“You’re really here” I whispered. My heart skank and rose all at once. I wasn’t dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! I think I am actually somewhere now!
So since Dahvie is in her cabin, ontop of her, what do you think Catie's reaction will be since she knows he isn't a dream?
Also credit for the chapter name to John Mayer :D