Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

1

Hi. My name's Jaclyn Hanson. This is my story.

For the past seventeen years I've lived in a small town in New Hampshire with my parents, Anne and Kevin. The words you have a brother were thrown around loosly between me and my friends as a joke.

So when my parents sat me down seriously one day and told me, I did infact have a brother, my entire world felt heavier than usual. Apparently, I had been adopted. Apparently my birth parents couldn't handle two kids, and now wanted their daughter.

So the words you have a brother aren't as easy, breezy, and flimsily thrown around as usual. When I told my friends, it took them a good fifteen minutes to realize I wasn't joking, it wasn't just another funny prank. That, I was related by blood, to some guy in another state.

My parents kept his name a secret after agreeing to send me back. Back. Back to the people who gave me away in the first place. Technically I had no crap to give them, I would be moving to my dream state, a warm state.

California.

Happy was an understatement. I was just unnerved about leaving the only life I'd known, moving in with people I didn't even know, had never met before... Would I like them? Would they like me? Did they know I was allergic to cats, pecans, and oranges? Did they know what I looked like? Did my real parents chose my name? Do they know my fear of the dark, being alone, my embrassing fears of butterflies and birds? What were they like? Would my mom and I get along?

Would my brother and I get along? Did we look like eachother? How old was he? All these questions ran through my mind as I sat on the airplane, so far from home, so afraid of not liking these new people. But I willingly left, Anne and Kevin were willing to let me go back to my birth parents, they had agreed to come visit eventually. I mean... They were all I knew as parents.

I was petrified as I got off the plane at the Los Angeles airport, looking around for who I hoped to recognize as the man and woman from the photo Anne had given me before the plane landed. I tucked my dark brown hair behind my ears, standing up on my tiptoes to look around for them. I couldn't see anyone who resembled the man and woman in the picture. I decided to scan the line of peopel waiting with signs.

That's when I spotted them. Well... not the them from the picture. Two boys with a big white sign that read Jaclyn Hanson in thick black Sharpie. I gulped and began walking over.

*Zack's POV*

I didn't know wether to be extremely happy or pissed off when Mom and Dad said they were taking her back. I always knew I had a sister out there somewhere, I was three when she was born but my parents always told me. I never understood why they didn't want her, was I that much to handle that they couldn't take on a girl?

As I stood in the crowded airport waiting, with my good friend Brian at my side, I wondered what she was like. She would have been seventeen now, putting me at twenty. It struck my funny that I had a younger sister. I just hoped she wouldn't absolutely hate me, or Mom and Dad for that matter.

"Dude, this isn't awkward?" Brian gestured to the sign in my hands. I shrugged "Do you know what she looks like?"

"Kinda." I pulled out a photo that Anne had sent my parents a month ago, it was Jaclyn's freshman school photo, two years ago, but they said she hadn't had Sophomore or Junior pictures yet. Which was funny, because she'd be finishing he senior year out here in Huntington, I wondered if she knew.

Brian took the photo and looked it over. She had dark brown hair, if you looked quickly it looked black. She had green eyes, just like Mom and I. She was somewhat tall, Anne said she was five feet and six inches, three inches shorter than me. From thsi picture, I was proud to have her as a sister. She looked... well... in a brotherly way, gorgeous. I've alway wanted to say that.

I scanned the lobby, waiting as her plane deboarded. I wondered if she knew what I looked like. Thoughts raced through my mind as girls that were around her age scattered the room: Did she have allergies to anything? Was she mentally stable? Did she hate Mom and Dad for giving her up? Was she going to like it here? Was she afraid of anything?

"Earth to Zack." Brian nudged my arm. I shook my head lightly and focused on the girl standing infront of me. She smiled sweetly, her green eyes glinting a little from the sunlight beaming through the skylight area.

"You must be Jaclyn." I smiled and stuck my hand out. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it quickly, pressing her lips together "Oh god, are you mute?" I asked, feeling incredibly stupid. Was she?

But she began to laugh, it was loud but not abnoxiously loud. She held her sides and looked up at me "I'm not mute."

"Oh phew." I sighed and laughed as Brian stared at me as if I was crazy "What?" I asked him. Jaclyn looked between us.

"Are you mute? Dude... nice way to talk to your sister." He rolled his eyes and stuck out his hand "I'm Brian, your new brothers best friend."

She smiled "Nice to meet you." She shook his hand "Ok, so!" She held her hands in the air with a grin "New brother, would you mind filling me in on a name? Mom and Da-.." She stopped "Anne and Kevin... were extremely secretive about these sorts of things. I don't even know my new parents names and DAMN this sounds like Coraline." She giggled.

"Zack." I nodded "I'm Zack. Mom and Dad are James and Maria... you know your new last name... right?" I asked slowly. She bit down on her lip, causing my to noticed her lip ring, and shook her head "Baker."

"Ohhh!" She smiled "Ok. So... Zack, Maria, and James Baker."

"And Jaclyn." I nodded as she smiled.

"You like to smile... don't you?" Brian laughed and took one of her suitcases and I took the other.

"Awe." She wiggled a little "If this wasn't so awkward for being thrust into a life with a sibling, this would be so gentlemanly."

I laughed "Well... Mom and Dad are at work till four... they thought your plane got in at six, not twelve." I squinted as she nodded "They aren't usually this forgetfull."

"Do you still live at home?" She asked.

"Uhmm.."

"YES." Brian looked all too proud as he blurted it out "He does."

Jaclyn held in a laugh as she nodded "Ok... and you're.... How old? Zack?"

"Twenty. I was three when you were born. All I remember is asking Mom why she wasn't fat anymore." I shrugged. Jaclyn bent over and laughed as we reached the car. She composed herself "Do you do that a lot?"

"Is it a problem?" She asked, straightening up.

"No. Front seat." I gestured for her to get in the passenger seat as I got in the driver seat.

"Ok." She smiled and got in. For some reason, this was coming easily. Picking her up, talking to her, finding things to say... having a new addition to the family that had always been there, but never around. She was right though, it was somewhat... awkward. And new.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new idea I just had today :) It probably wont be extremely long, but then again it could very well be another School Beauty Queen and defy me and have over 100 chapters ;D