Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

100

Matt's POV

"Ugggghhhh Matt!!!" Jackie groaned as I kissed her cheek over and over again, attempting to wake her up. "I have to sleep in because I need to pack later! I leave tomorrow at like six!"

"I need to talk to you." I laughed and sat her up. Her fists gently came up and rubbed at her eyes.

"What time even is it?" She asked, hiding a yawn.

"nine."

I answered abruptly and handed her the medium iced coffee with extra cream and extra sugar, just the way she liked it. Her eyes narrowed as she glared me down. "Who let you in?"

"Zack... oh by the way, he's playing with Maddy downstairs, they're playing, like, hide and seek or something." I shrugged as she laughed, sipping the coffee in her hands.

"Thank you." She gestured to the cup "I needed this."

"I figured. So!" I smiled "About you leaving tomorrow."

"Matt.." She sighed "There's no turning back, I already promised Alesandra-"

"I'm not begging you to stay, Jaclyn." I placed my hand on hers "In fact that's the exact opposite of why I came over here."

"Oh? Please feel free to elaborate." She laughed and snuggled against her headboard with a pillow.

"Oh I will." I smiled and grabbed my phone "Here." I opened the link on my email and handed it to her "Scroll to the right."

Her eyes widened as she paused mid sip. Her mouth hung slack as she looked through the pictures.

"I don't... I don't understand." She stared at the phone "Why-"

"It's ours. It's right outside of Miami in Aventura, it's a four bedroom four bath, it has a really great looking back yard and an incredible kitchen." I smiled, knowing that would get her.

"Matt... you.. you bought a house?" She asked, her eyes confused.

"Us. I bought us a house. You can stay where you need to for work in Miami, and then when you're done or have weekends off, whatever it is, Mads and I will be right outside Miami." I could tell she was excited, her mouth was fighting once again with the constraints of her face. "I want to be there for you, Jackie. I want nothing more than to be there every moment of this journey for you-"

"But the band.." She put my phone on the covers "What about recording? Where's that going to come in to play? When-"

"Don't worry." I laughed "We aren't tracking right now, we're working on getting a tour together-" I paused as she looked down "No, it'll be fine, don't worry. My friend Deren lives like fifteen minutes from us, he has a studio, whatever I need to do for vocals I can do there and send them to California."

"Are you sure? I mean, Matt, I don't-"

"No. Stop. This is where problems happen. Just..." I sighed "Just trust me. I know that's hard for you to do, and I know you don't want to let someone else control your environment, but please. Trust me... Please."

"Ok." She smiled, taking my hand "I trust you, Matt. Let's do this."

"Ok now this." I grabbed the box from beside me, surprised she still hadn't noticed, her eyes widened and stared at me "I love you. Now, I know neither of us are ready for a wedding, or getting married yet, but I want you to know I'm here. Always, for you, no matter what happens. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and the past few days I've realized what I've been missing in my life and it's you. You're what I've needed and I can't lose you, I can't go through that again. Please take this, I want to know you want the same, I want to marry you some day.. Jackie? Will you marry me some day?" I asked as her eyes fell on the ring inside the box in front of her. Her hand clapped over her face.

"Matt, that's so many things in one day... I.. Matthew.." She stared up at me, my stomach twisted further "Of course I want to marry you some day." She smiled and I hurriedly placed the ring on her finger, watching how it flawlessly glided on to her skin and the diamond caught the light.

I jumped back as Jackie leaped forward, emitting a cluster of incoherent screeches and shouts as her arms circled around me. I laughed as she swayed back and forth, one hand steadying her coffee and the other grasping at my shirt.

"Oh my god I can't believe it, I can't... I can't! I love you so much!" She smiled and looked up at me "I... I can't wait." she smiled.

"I love you." I whispered "It's not like this is the first time we've been engaged." I laughed as she gently smacked my shoulder, cradling her finger in her opposite hand, staring at it "Do you like it?" I asked. She snort laughed and stared at me, nodding profusely "Zack and Liv helped pick it out... And Michelle..." I laughed as the door busted open.

"YES?! DID I HEAR HAPPY THINGS?!" Michelle burst in, staring at Jackie.

"YES!" Jackie shouted and Michelle joined our celebration, along with Brian, Jim, Liv, Zack, and Maddy.

"What?" Maddy grasped my arm and hoisted herself to a sitting position, her eyes staring at me "Mumma?"

"It's ok baby girl, Mumma's just really happy." I laughed, pulling her on to my lap as the love fest infront of us grew rowdy, Michelle, Liv, and Jackie toppling to the floor. Jackie ended up wearing her coffee.

"Ew!" Michelle laughed "Go shower then we need to get you packin' Lady!" She smiled.

"I can't believe it!" Zack laughed "my baby sister gets her baby back, gets engaged, and moves to Miami within the span of a week." He laughed "And we all thought you'd be forever alone." He smirked as Jackie tossed an ice cube at him "Love you sis."

"Love you Zacky Bear. Now.. I'm gonna go shower then we can celebrate a little more." She smiled and bounded off to the bathroom.

"This'll be interesting." Brian laughed "I can't believe how much has changed."

"But..." I smiled down as Maddy traced my tattoos with her fingers "For the better." I kissed the top of her head, smiling at the sound of her giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyyyy guuuyyyyyyysss... I have to be up for work in 3 hours but... I can't sleep because I know I won't update tomorrow night because I'm lazy as fuck haha soooooo here!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo J