Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

101

Jackie's POV

Matt left Friday night, and Maddy and I arrived Saturday afternoon. I stepped out of baggage claim with a sleeping Maddy on my hip, my two rolling suitcases beside me. I blew some hair from my face and stared at the predicament. I had figured Maddy would be awake by now, but we gave her childrens Dramamine and she fell asleep as soon as we left LAX. I looked around, Matt's friend Deren was meeting us to take us to pick up my car, since Matt was apparently putting some finishing touches on the house. I was guessing he was setting furniture up still. That would be a great time, I love not knowing where anything is...

My eyes landed on a taller guy, same build as Matt, but with slightly longer darker hair. His eyes were a bright green and he smiled at me.

"Jackie?" He asked.

"Deren?" I smiled as he nodded, gesturing to Maddy "Passed out leaving LAX. Hasn't been up for longer than half an hour since." I laughed.

"Nice, lemme grab those bags for you and we can get on our way to pick up your whip." He smirked "Did Matt tell you what he got you yet?" He asked.

"No. He wouldn't tell me." I laughed.

"Oh, you'll like it. Super kid friendly." He smirked.

"Mini van?" I groaned.

"Ew, Matt? No." He laughed whole heartedly as he lead the way to his SUV "You'll see when we get there then. So, Matt hasn't told me a ton about you yet. Fill me in while the munchkin sleeps." He opened the backseat door and Maddy's carseat was already buckled in "Yah, I stopped by the house this morning to pick this up because dipshit forgot to give it to me last night when he told me I'd be picking you two up, he was like "Oh, right, I forgot she can't sit alone" he's a winner." Deren laughed "So yah, tell me about yourself."

I buckled Maddy in to her seat, setting her juice cup beside her, and climbed into the front seat, pulling my sunglasses over my eyes as Deren began driving.

"Well... Zack's my brother, I don't know if Matt told you that."

"Nope." He laughed.

"Ok, well his parents gave me up for adoption at birth, yes I'm younger, we don't know why. Uhmm... right before I turned 19 I moved back cuz I found out they wanted to know me... I met Matt, we messed around, I got pregnant. Zack was pissed, Matt and I have been off and on, we were engaged at one point. But I went on tour with them and Matt and I both took our rings off. I came home, got in with the wrong crowd, got addicted to Heroine, I came back from it, Matt got really badly into his booze. We clashed.." I mumbled, staring off at the cars passing by "A lot. Maddy suffered, we were never around her. She was like.. nine months old and my parents had her pretty much all the time. I was living in norhtern California with a friend, her cousin, aunt, and grandmother. We were literally high every minute of our lives.. I came home, relapsed like no ones business and Zack put me in rehab without Matt knowing. My parents gave Madeline up for adoption, which was illegal beause they didn't have sole custody of her. So clearly I fought that when I got out.. Uhm... Matt saved me from an abusive relationship, annnnnd he proposed to me yesterday." I laughed "We're a rollercoaster."

"And you can't even legally drink." Deren stared at the road in front of him.

"As of last month I can." I laughed "Ugh, I'm getting old."

Deren laughed "Shut up, I'm four years older than you."

"Yah, Matt's two years older than me. He gets all pissy when I say that stuff." I laughed "I just can't wait to start this new chapter."

"So, if you don't mind me asking, why did you start doing drugs in the first place?" He asked "You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just wondering..."

"I think it was in rebellion to Matt's drinking actually, while I was in rehab they made you do all these soul searching bullshit things and they made us track back to the first time we used. The closest date, cuz obviously no one's going to remember March third, at five in the afternoon." I laughed as Deren stared at me briefly "No, that's not when. But it was last year right after Maddy was born, Matt started going out and coming home hammered and I hated it and he knew it, and he didn't care.. I think it was my way of saying hey I'm going to do this and get back at you. I was really stupid, like "hey I'm going to ruin my life in hopes it ruins yours too" in reality it ruined both our lives. I still think it hurt him more than me. But new topic, how do you know Matt? How'd you guys because biffles?" I laughed.

"Uhm, music really. We record on the same label, my band just moved out here to record though. My home's here, my wife, my family, and our guitarist and drummer's familys are here too. It made sense, why be in California when we can just make a studio here." He shrugged "I was super stoked when Matt called and asked if I knew of any houses in the area, I was shocked though too. I never pegged him as one to settle down." He laughed "This is the first I've known he's had a kid, and I've known him for like a whole year, I mean he mentioned it once but I never really retain information."

"So you live here, like, all the time?" I asked.

"Yah, the wifey and I bought a place, it's like fifteen minutes from you guys actually. You two would get along, you seem a lot alike. So what brought you to Miami anyway?"

"Work, I got in to a modelling agency in Miami, I used to work with the owners cousin. She guaranteed me a spot, saw some of my pictures I emailed her over the week. She had housing set up for me near the studio, and said Maddy was fine to bring, but now that Matt got the house I'm going to see if I can just stay there." I shrugged "How'd you and your wife meet?" I asked.

Deren laughed out loud "That story's for her to tell, she tells it funnier than I am. Actually," He paused and turned off the road and in to a Mercedes dealer.

"No.." I laughed "He didn't."

"If you mean the car, he did." Deren laugh as he parked "Uhh... I beleive it's the one with the bow."

I laughed and clapped my hand over my mouth "He did not.."

"Oh sweety, he did." Deren got out and opened my door, I leaped over to the car and giggled as a sales ascosiate walked over to me.

"Miss Baker I assume?" He smirked "I'll just need a license to identify you then these are yours." He jingled some keys and looked at my ID "Alright, it's all your's... enjoy."

"Thank you.. oh my god.." I stared at the C400 4Matic sitting infront of me. It was white with the darkest tinted windows I'd ever seen.

"It has everything, black leather interior, black wood panelling, the deepeset legal tint possible.. Panorama roof, everything but the kitchen sink." The salesam smiled.

"Thank you so much.." I smiled and went back to get Maddy from Deren's car. I hoisted her out, carseat and all, and relocated her to the car. Her eyelids fluttered open and I smile at her. "Hey doll, go back to sleep, we'll be home in a minute." I smiled and closed her door, walking over and starting the car, turning the airconditioning on for her as she sipped her juice and fell back asleep.

"So, you follow me back to the house and we can unload the rest there. Matt's already on my case about where we are. He think's your plane was delayed or you're dead or something."

"Ok." I smiled and got into the drivers seat, adjusting the seat, and began to drive. I couldn't help but smile, sliding my sunglasses over my eyes. I turned the air off and opened the roof, opening the windows as Maddy woke up "Hey Doll, are you excited to see Dadda?" I asked.

"YAY!" She smiled "Hungry?" She wimpered at me.

"We'll have dinner when we get home ok?" I asked as she nodded "Want music? We can listen to Dadda." I smiled as she shrieked and smiled.

"Yes yes!" She smiled as I turned up the edited version of their first album. I had the music up relatively loud as we pulled into a neighborhood with a ton of huge houses.

I watched as Deren signaled into a driveway with a giant four door Denali parked on the grass. I laughed.

Matthew. He was such a child.

I parked beside Deren and immediatly heard Matt's voice over the sound system in the car.

"Well I can see you like the car." Matt smirked as he stood next to it. I screamed and jumped out the door and into his arms.

"LIKE?! This car is amazing Matt!" I laughed and kissed him over and over again.

"Ew, Mumma cooties!" Deren laughed as he helped a very eager Maddy unbuckle "I agree with the munchkin. I'm hungry, lets go eat and get settled."

"YUM" Maddy smiled as Deren handed her to Matt.

"Is Kayleigh coming over?" Matt asked.

"Yah, she's on her way. Oh, she can tell you how we met. That's my wife." Deren smiled "You might die."

"It's worse than us." Matt laughed as he kissed Maddy's cheek "Lets get my princess's some dinner."

I stared at the house from the outside and wiped a tear from my cheek, I couldn't believe Matt would do this. I couldn't believe I ever doubted him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok... they're getting sloppy. It took way to long to write this, my fingers are tired lol..

more tomorrow?? comments???

xoxoxoxoxoxo J