Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

109

Matt's POV

"All I know," Jackie winced as she sat in the truck "Is that we need to get back to being us." She looked over at me "There been way too much drama and stress lately. We need to focus on Mads... I need to focus on Mads." She positioned herself so her back was off the seat.

"We do need to, and we also need to think about school... So she can socialize." I shrugged as Jackie nodded "Uhm, so... I won't bring anything up until you do by the way, I want it to be on your terms."

"Thank you." She smiled "But I just need an answer from you." She turned and faced me.

"Ok, shoot." I made finger guns and pointed at her, causing her to laugh.

"How do you feel about me having this baby?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows "That's our only option, and I'm actually fine with it. Listen," I Paused "I love you. If you want to keep this baby I'll be here for you, you're going to be my wife. This baby is going to be ours no matter what, I dont love you any differently than before. You need to understand that, no matter what I'm here for you, and this baby is as much mine as anything. The circumstances aren't how I wanted to have my next child, but if this is what's in store for us ok."

I could tell she was tearing up so I stopped talking and let her soak it all in.

"Ok." She nodded "Well... I guess it's time to start breaking the news more normally." She laughed a little "We're having a baby."

"And plus, by the way..." I pointed at her "We've had a TON of sex since we moved here, and we both know we aren't using protection and you aren't on birth control... so how do you exactly know it's not mine?" I smirked as her brain began turning "So let's just go with it's mine... because hey babe, it could be."

"Reason four hundred and seventy-four why I love you so much." She smiled "Regardless, we should start planning for this little munchkin." She looked down at her stomach, I could stat to see a smile forming on her lips.

This. This is what I lived for. Seeing her happy. Seeing a smile on her face after everything she's been through, seeing her with Maddy, and me now, I couldn't want anything more in life than this.

"Matt?"

Jackie's voice brought me out of my thoughts "Yah?" I asked.

"I miss California." She mumbled "And this job... well I'm pregnant so let's just reflect on that and modelling." She laughed.

"We can always move back." I laughed "We aren't stuck here y'know."

"I know, but we've only been here a few months.."

"But we both know we belong in California." I shrugged "And I still have the appartment in Los Angeles... And there's the beach house in Long Beach."

"Well-"

"We can book the flights tonight. I'll call the movers, it is weird not being around everyone." I grabbed my cell phone as we pulled into Derren's driveway.

I searched flights as Jackie jumped out of the car to go get Maddy. I booked us a flight for tomorrow night, so Maddy would probably sleep through it, and set up shipping our cars up. By the time Jackie came out holding a sleeping Madeline, everything was set. All we had to do was pack a carry-on bag.

"Hey." She smiled as she buckled Maddy into her seat in the back.

"How long has she been asleep?" I asked.

"Derren said about half an hour, so she should be out for another hour or so. Long day." She laughed and got back in "So-"

"Flight leaves tomorrow at three, lands at nine. Maddy should sleep straight through, car picks us up to take us to Long Beach from there. I figured that would be easier so Zack and the guys can come over first thing the next day."

"Wow. Mr. Professional." Jackie smiled and winced at her back "This is gonna take some getting used to." She laughed.

"It'll get better soon. It doesn't hurt long." I laughed as she winced again "You might need to take some tylenol or something for a little bit, it'll eat some of it away. Also don't forget to lather it up with Aquafor...It'll help it stop feeling stiff."

"Ok." She nodded "Matt... I love you." She leaned her head over and rested it on my shoulder "I'm really glad I have you... or else I'd be dead."

"Well I'm glad I'm here. I can't wait to get back to California and figure out what's next."

"How's the band?" She asked, I could feel her jaw moving against my shoulder as she yawned.

"I don't really know, we haven't talked much about it lately..." I shrugged "Sorry."

"It's fine." She laughed "Well, you guys need to make some more music soon.... I miss it. And I want Maddy to know what her Daddy does."

"Let's get settled in California first and figure out what we're gonna do first ok?"

"Ok." She nodded against my shoulder "I can't wait."