Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

111

Matt's POV

We had been back in Long Beach for three weeks now, Maddy adjusted well, she loved seeing Zack again which was hilarious. Apparently, Lord knows how, she seemed to remember him. Or just that she was taking it well, all these big scary tattoo'd men around lately.

I had insisted Jackie stay home, not work, and take care of Maddy. Along with her current situation, that we were taking day by day. We had decided not to tell anyone, until we both decided if we wanted to do a DNA test while the fetus was still developing. The doctor Jackie had seen briefly once we got home, had said it was possible but there was a heightened risk of miscarriage afterwards, seeing as they had to blindly puncture where the baby was and take blood. We weren't too sure how we felt about that, considering if it had been mine what we would be losing regardless, the chance was there.

"Dada!"

I smiled, turning my head from the sheet music in front of me, as the door to the studio flew open. Maddy toddled in, Jackie behind her, carrying a paper bag.

"Those are some pretty great steps." I smirked as Maddy flung herself at my legs, I grasped her small body and picked her up, kissing her chubby one and a half year old cheeks.

"Yah, pretty fast." Jackie exclaimed as she smirked and put the bag down "Dinner." She smiled, I glaned at the clock, it was almost six at night.

I stood up, holding Maddy upside down in my arms and giving Jackie a quick kiss "Sorry we had to come in on a Saturday." I frowned as she shrugged, watching as I placed Maddy on the floor "Uncle Zack is around here somewhere, go find him." She shrieked at his name and ran off to find him. "He's in the other room with Brian." I answered Jackie's question as her eyes grew wide at Maddy's leaving.

"Oh, ok." She looked up at me "So uhm..." She paused, tapping her finger to her leg as the other hand twirled in her hair, something she did when she was uncomfortable. Like that night on my bed after the Aaron incident.

"What's up?" I asked leaning against the desk behind me as she weighed out something in her mind. I watched as she chewed the inside of her lip and waited, patiently, as she knotted up a strang of her hair. Something had to be very wrong. "Jackie, you can tell me anything I promise you. I'm your fiance, I love you no matter what you have to say."

"Well," She stopped twirling her hair and began untangling it "So you left early this morning and, well, when I woke up.." I could see a faint twitch in her lip, I directed my eyes towards her's and I saw tears. I held my hand out to her to hold, she gripped tight "I had to go to the doctor, I was... I.." She paused as the door to the next room flung open.

"Arrrgghhh!" Zack fake growled, holding a laughing and shrieking Maddy upside down "Look who I... found... Jackie?" Zack quickly handed Maddy over to Brian, who was close in step with him, and Brian noticed Jackie's face and directed Maddy's attention back through the doorway and closed it behind them "What's going on?" Zack walked over "Are you ok? Is Maddy ok?" He looked at me "What did you do?"

"I think..." Jackie shook her head "I think you should have known.."

"What? Should have known what?" Zack asked "Come on, this isn't the time to fuck around-"

"I got raped when I was in Miami." Jackie blurted, to my surprise. I was expecting her to tell him she was pregnant, but not that piece. Zack's jaw dropped "I was... I was pregnant, but we weren't one hundred percent sure if..." She trailed off as Zack caught on, she redirected her eyes to me "But I woke up this morning... And the whole bed was.." She paused and cringed, holding one arm with the other "It was everywhere. I cleaned up and grabbed Maddy, we went to the doctor and I... I lost it." She whispered the last part, looking down at the floor "The only reason it hurts, and I hate that it even hurts, is that it could have been Matt's.."

"Oh babe.." I whispered and pulled her close, Zack quickly closed his arms around us also, I could feel Jackie crying "Babe it'll be ok..."

"I just... I feel bad for being relieved, but at the same time.." She paused "I can't even think about that right now though."

"Well... We're here if you need us." Zack smiled as she pulled back, wiping her eyes. "I mean... like for anything."

"I might need to raid you spearmint leaves stash later." She winked "I think your niece is addicted to them."

"Oh right." Zack smiled "She ate like three bags last weekend when she was at the house."

"I know." I glared at him "She didn't sleep when she came home, for like the whole next day."

"What are uncles for if not spoiling our sweetest nieces?" Zack smiled at Jackie as she rolled her eyes "Anyways, we need to get back to work though, so we don't have to be here all fucking night. SOMEONE can't fucking track their solo right." Zack shouted as a cue for Brian to come in with Maddy, which he did.

"Not my fault it's impossible." Brian chased Maddy in as she ran under my legs.

"Don't you write those yourself?" Jackie smirked as he glared at her, nodding his head slowly "Exactly. Ok, well this chicken and I are going home," She scooped Maddy up in her arms and kissed my cheek at the same time Maddy did "We will see you at home."

"Ok babes," I smiled, kissing them both back "See my two favorite women later."

"Bye! Say byebye Uncle Zack and Brian!" Jackie instructed Maddy as she waved to all of us.

"By pumpkin!" Zack called out.

"By Maddy Vengeance!" Brian smirked as we all rolled our eyes. "Her first words better be Brian!"

"She already says Mumma!" Jackie called as she shut the door behind them as they left.

"Fuck that." Brian laughed and sat down with his guitar "Dude, you have a kid." He smirked up at me.

"Dude," I mocked "You're getting married in three months."

He smiled wide, "I know..."

"I don't know how she puts up with you." Zack tossed a bottle cap at Brian's head as he took a sip of his water "Anyways, track this shit quick. Olivia said if I bail on one more weekend date I'm a dead man."

"Not my fault." Brian raised his hands in defense.

"As Jackie state, you write the fucking solos, get it right!" Zack and I chorused in unison as he rolled his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhm so yah... I started a new story called Gimme One Reason (it has a sequel now) and was reading my old stories and realized this one (With many more) didn't go on and have so much potential to go on.. So I'm picking it up, running with it, and before I bail again (for longer than a month) I will finish it.

I do have two other stories I'm doing right now though so bear with me time-wise. I also have a 9month old now too, so she takes up a LOT OF TIME haha but I love her. I write when she goes to bed. Also I work from like 6am to 5pm so... yah. Time wise- bear with me. I'll try to come up with a schedule and mark out specific days to write for each story. Give it a little more structure.

Anywho, hope it was ok. Trying to put together a ton of broken bits with this one.

xoxoxoxoxoxox Jb