Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

112

Third Person POV

By the time Matt had gotten home that night, he assumed Jackie and Maddy were long in bed. It was around eleven at night when he finally turned his car off in the driveway. A year ago it would have been because he was drinking after work with the guys, but tonight it was something entirely different.

He had asked Zack if he could re-propose to his sister, considering Jackie's parents still weren't on speaking terms with them. They talked out the entire thing, the whole process, the ring design, Michelle even came to help them pick one out online. Matt wanted it to be perfect. He wanted to do this again so that Jackie would understand he still wanted this, not that he was just still holding on to their feelings from before. He felt it was needed to show her, again, how much he loved her.

His feet thudded along the steps to the door which he unlocked quietly. Jackie had been insistent upon bolt locking the front door, so Matt had to remember to do that up as he closed it. He kicked his shoes off, knocking them in to the hallway closet as he glanced around. Their was a light coming from the downstairs hallway, dim, but still enough to create a difference in the darkness. He entered the hall and cocked his head to the side as his hands got sweaty. The last time he had to find his fiance late at night..

He walked to the door slowly, hearing a quiet noise behind it. He pressed the door open and watched, clenching his fists but soon releasing them as his heart beat resumed a normal pace.

Jackie and Maddy were lying on the couch together of his office, a blanket wrapped around them lightly as Jackie's laptop shone a dim light against their faces. Matt leaned against the door frame and watched. Maddy's eyes were heavy, she looked as if she'd been crying. Jackie looked exhausted, her head was propped up by her hand and elbow, he could now make out the noises coming from the computer.

"I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you
"

Jackie's soft voice sang along with the track playing, it was a demo Matt had saved to his computer of their song Gunslinger. He had it on his laptop along with a video one of their roadies had put together of just old pictures and videos and junk. Matt smiled, watching the two women who owned his soul, together, half asleep, was making him realize this is what he lived for. Jackie caressed Maddy's hair as her small hazel eyes shut, falling asleep as Jackie sighed. Her head rested on the pillow behind her, her eyes finding Matt as she jumped slightly.

"Jesus!" She mouthed, tilting her head back to breathe "Fuck.."

"Sorry." Matt mouthed back at her, walking over to take Maddy from her. He gently lifted her sleeping body from her mother's arms.

Jackie followed as he carried Maddy to her room, gently placing her in her toddler bed. He bent down to kiss her forehead as she snuggled up to her Vengeance teddy bear that Zack had made for her when she moved back with them.

"She's exhausted." Jackie smiled from the doorway as Matt turned, taking her in his arms and kissing her head. "She wouldn't go to sleep, she kept screaming crying and running from her bed. She kept running to your office and looking for you, so we laid in there. I told her we'd stay up till you got home, I was hoping she'd fall asleep far sooner than... this." She glanced at the clock on Maddy's wall as they walked from her room, silently shutting the door behind Matt.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect to be there this long." Matt sighed as they walked down the hall to their room, Matt quickly picked Jackie up and pressed her body against the door. "Matt.." She whispered against his lips, his hands holding her steady.

"I love you so much, Jackie. I need you to know that." He whispered, kissing her neck softly as her head tilted back.

"Matt... I can't.." She mumbled "I can't have sex right now." She whispered as he set her down "I love you, I always will hunny. I love you with all my being. I just can't have sex because of you know what."

"Oh, I know." Matt smiled "I just wanted to kiss you and tell you I love you." He smiled as Jackie pushed against his chest "What?"

"You." She smiled, rolling her eyes "You're too good to me."

"No, I'm really not good enough Miss Baker. I'm really not." Matt sighed, watching his fiance as she slid in to their bed, patting the empty space beside her as she brushed her hair from her face.

"Come to bed baby, morning's coming quick and we aren't bailing on brunch with Olivia and Zack." She said sternly as Matt undressed, mocking her with his arms flailing in the air, a smirk impressed on his lips as she crossed her arms.

"I know I know." He laughed and shed his pants, then his shirt. He grabbed a clean pair of boxers and changed in to those.

Jackie whistled "Nice bum, where ya from?" She smirked as he walked over in nothing but his boxers.

"Nantucket, wanna fuck it?" Matt smirked back at her, pinning her to the bed as he trailed kisses from her collar bone to her lips "I love you so much Miss Baker."

"I love you more, Mr. Sanders." She laughed "You never ceases to confuse me."

"Ugh," Matt groaned and laid next to Jackie, propping himself on his elbow "I can't wait to call you Mrs. Sanders."

"That's weird, that's your mother." Jackie giggled as Matt rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean," He scoffed as Jackie nodded "Now assume the sleep position, we have a long morning of you getting mom-drunk on mimosas tomorrow."

"Hush yourself." Jackie laughed as she moved to her side, letting Matt tug her towards him and wrap his arms around her body "Happy now?" She laughed, earning a grun in response "Good, now let me sleep before that demon spawn wakes up."

~***~

the next morning

Matt's POV

Jackie had Maddy in a dress, it was pink and green, with pink flat shoes, and a pink bow in her blond hair. Her giggle resonated through the entry way as we walked in to Zack and Olivia's house.

"Hey freaks!" I called out, following Jackie inside as I put my jacket on the couch. I watched Jackie follow Maddy outside. Jackie was in a long pink dress, it was a halter style top, she had on green high heels and green accessories. Her hair was down, covering the majority of her back, and she had dared to not wear a bra with this dress considering it had no back, I was all for the idea, to which I got a punch in the arm for.

Apparently Olivia had the grand idea of having some weird brunch at their house every Sunday, considering the girls never got to really hang out any more, and us guys were just lucky enough to be dragged alone.

Maddy ran right up to Zack, who was in slacks and a nice button down, and slammed in to his legs. Zack smirked and picked her up, complimenting her dress as Jackie greeted Olivia.

"Someone looks pissy." Zack laughed at me as I walked over, "Nice shirt."

"Dude." I shook my head, I was in a black button down with black pants "I look like I'm going to funeral."

"Same."

I looked up as Brian walked over, Michelle had already spotted Jackie and ran over to her, her knee length tea dress fluttering.

"They love this shit though." Zack shrugged as Maddy played with his lip ring "Ouch!" He laughed.

"Mads." I scolded as she pouted "Not nice."

"Sowwy Zacky.." She mumbled and squirmed as he put her down, she ran off to her stack of outside toys and began playing.

"Like I said, they love this shit." Zack rubbed the back of his neck "Reasons to get day drunk in nice clothes?" He shrugged.

"I'd rather get day drunk in my pajamas and watch football." Brian rolled his eyes "But you know, whatever makes them happy... Happy wife happy life."

"You aren't married yet, don't use that." I laughed as he shrugged.

"Close enough. She asked me about kids the other day.." His eyes widened at me "How do you even do it man? I'd lose my shit."

"Considering we've only really had Maddy back for a few months? I'm not sure myself." I laughed as Jackie walked over, a mimosa in her hand, with Michelle and Olivia.

"So we were thinking." Olivia began "What if we make this, like, a weekly thing."

We all groaned "I thought this was a weekly thing? You mean we don't have to actually come to this?" Brian laughed as Michelle glared "Sorry.."

"Like, a tradition. Family day, not even brunch. No fancy clothes, whatever. We can have football on inside, beers, food, wine.." Olivia shrugged as Zack rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you ladies want, that works. As long as we can watch football and drink beers..." Zack responded.

"And wear fucking normal clothes." Brian added as we all nodded.

"Ok whatever." Olivia laughed "It gives us girls some alone time."

"Oh lovely, alone time. Just what they need. You know what alone time gives them? Every time Michelle and Val get together for alone time it ends up in my wallet going missing and really expensive things showing up in brown boxes at the door!" Brian groaned.

"Uhm, well," Michelle raised her finger "Considering... Well ok that's true, but come on! You can all keep your wallets on you, we dont-"

"You have my credit card number memorized Michelle." Brian stared at her blankly "Really?"

"Whatever." She waved him off "We get alone time, and we get to talk about wedding things. And shiny things... And maybe buy a few things but who cares."

"Oh god." Brian and I rolled our eyes "Zack, you're lucky she's too new to take your credit card." I laughed and gestured towards Olivia "Wait until she hangs out with these two.. Good god."

"We aren't that bad." Michelle smiled "Jackie doesn't do it far as much as I do..."

"Yah, I think I've only taken Matt's card..." Jackie paused and looked at me as I glared "Ok so it's in my purse right now, but!" She put her hands up "We have a joint bank account."

"You don't work!" Zack laughed "So it's still horrible for him!"

"That's his decision though." Jackie laughed and looked down suddenly "I gotta pee... be right back." She mumbled and rushed in to the house. Everyone stared at me, eyes worried and concerned.

"No, she probably really has to pee. She's fine." I laughed and glanced at Zack, he knew, "That... that girl thing."

"Ooohh.." Brian mumbled with the girls but he made a grossed out face "Regardless, let's stop talking about Zack's sister's vagina-"

"Gross, dude! I didn't even think that far in to it until you said that!" Zack groaned.

"Ha... Hahaha! That far in to it..." Michelle giggled "I'll go see if she needs help. Come on Liv, guys watch Mads!" Michelle called as the girls walked in to the house.

"I got this." Brian walked over to start playing with Maddy as Zack turned to me.

"So, is that like because of... y'know?" He asked, I nodded.

"Yah, the doctor said it would be way more painful and a lot more, you know, because of it. It's like..." I Paused as Michelle ran out.

"Matt! Matt hurry, I think she's dying or something, she's fucking screaming... and crying.." Michelled grabbed my arm as a scream resonated from the house "Yah, she's definitely dying."

I sighed and walked in to the house, Jackie was in the bathroom upstairs, Olivia was in with her, holding her hand. Jackie was sitting on the floor holding her legs to her chest crying, screaming rather.

"Babe-" I started but she held her hand up and cut me off.

"Get him the fuck out of here are you fucking dumb!?" She screamed at Michelle "God!" she shouted and doubled over "Just, Matt, go away... Michelle get in here and shut the door. I'll fucking explain." She mumbled as Michelle glanced at me, walking in slowly and shut the door. I walked down stairs to where Zack and Brian were standing staring at me.

"Really?" Zack asked, I nodded.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Brian asked "Like... what the fuck? Is she dying? What's wrong?"

I ran my hand over my head and sighed "Well... she... some shit happened, she's..." I groaned "I don't even know how to say this because I'm still not sure how I actually feel about this.."

"She's having a miscarriage from the fact she was raped in Miami." Zack turned to face Brian as his face whitened "So.. she's... like losing a baby right now, like a mini-baby, that's not alive, and it's coming out.."

"Oh... man... fuck..." Brian mumbled, all of our attention directing towards the bathroom as Jackie screamed again "Not like, a term size baby right?"

"God no," I shook my head "Like..." I held my fingers an inch apart "That, but it's painful. It's like mellon scooping your insides out."

"Shut the fuck up." Brian clasped his stomach "I fucking don't understand how women endure this shit."

"Me either." I shook my head as Olivia bolted from the bathroom and down the hall. I sighed, I wish there was something I could do but... there wasn't, and Jackie had made that clear.
♠ ♠ ♠
.... Yah. So... yah. I hate writing this shit because it makes me cry. Right before I got pregnant with my daughter I miscarried our first baby around 17 weeks. It was mortifying and I swear to God the most heart wrenching experience I could imagine. Writing this brings me back to it and my hands even start shaking...

But I had to get through this part some how, considering this is where the story went in the story line i had on my computer... Regardless...

xoxojb