Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

113

Third Person POV

Jackie and Maddy were walking along the beach, the water momentarily splashing over their toes. Maddy screeched and tugged at her mother's rolled up jeans, causing her to stumble.

"Mads." Jackie laughed, steadying them again. It was the perfect sunset, the perfect day, the perfect weather. But wasn't it always in Southern California?

Matt had been in the studio for two days straight, it was now Thursday night, and Jackie was running out of ways to tell the small look-a-like that her daddy would be home soon. Soon. Jackie's mind pondered the word as she watched her small toddler run ahead of her a short distance.

Soon. Did soon mean hours? Days? A week or more? She shook her head, Matt was working, so she didn't have to. He took more than great care of his fiance and daughter, a smile played on his fiance's lips as the thoughts crossed her mind.

What she didn't know, was that in a few moments when they reached the opposite end of the beach from their beginning, Zack was waiting to take Maddy. Obviously with her knowledge, to get some ice cream, after their so convenient meeting. Another thing she didn't know, was that Matt waited, behind them, with a box in his pocket that was burning a hole through his sweaty palms, why he was nervous eluded him. She'd already said yes once.

Why wouldn't she this time? But the thought still ached in his mind as he watched them carefully, careful that Maddy didn't see him and careful Jackie's intuition didn't lead her to turn around at that nagging feeling.

On cue, as they began reaching the pavement of the parking lot, Zack walked from the bathroom, shouting to Maddy as he approached. They exchanged words, the ones Matt had planned out for him. Zack offered to take Maddy for ice cream, Jackie agreed. They would meet back on the other side of the beach at the car.

Matt bit his lip as he watched Jackie walked towards him, the sun setting perfectly behind her. A photographer, one of their good friends, was set up further along the beach to catch the perfectly timed moment. Jackie's eyes moved upwards from her bare feet walking on the beach and met Matt's.

"Hey." She laughed, shaking her head as she removed her sunglasses, adding them to the shoes beind held in her right hand "What are you doing here? Zack just took Maddy for ice cream.. Why are you being a creep?" She giggled.

Matt advanced to her, taking her hands in his as she stared in to his eyes, confusion and amusement written on every delicate feature of her face.

"Jaclyn Baker." He smiled, his dimples melting Jackie's heart in an instant, her hands gripping his sweaty ones "I love you, and you know that... We've been through a lot, for only two years.." He paused as she nodded "When you came back in to Zack's life, I knew it... The moment I saw you in his parent's living room, that moment you sat next to Michelle and mocked me for asking who says that." He smiled as Jackie laughed at the memory, her first day in California "I knew I was going to marry you, I knew it... But we've gotten very off track the past two years. We've broken up, taken our rings off, spent too much time apart.. I want.. I want to ask you again Jackie.." He began kneeling down and Jackie's hands, shoes and all, clasped over her mouth as she took in a deep breath.

"Matt." She started but he stopped her with his gaze.

"Jaclyn Baker, will you marry me? And start planning a wedding with me?" Matt smiled as tears left Jackie's eyes, her slight silence stumped Matt's heart but she nodded her head furiously.

"Yes, yes yes Matt... I will... I will... Yes!" She smiled wide as Matt picked her up, kissing her lips as he spun her around "I love you so much Matt.."

"I love you more, Jackie... I want to marry you, I want to marry you like yesterday.. please plan this wedding with me?" He looked in to her eyes. She nodded.

Their foreheads rested against each other, the tips of their noses touches, their lips inches apart. Jackie stared in to Matt's eyes as he looked in to her's, her green eyes pierced in to him like they had the first time he saw them, his soul would never be the same.

"Matt..." Jackie giggled and pointed behind them "Is that... Cam?" She asked.

He turned around and laughed, their friend Cam, who was photographing them, stood waving and cheering with Zack, Maddy, Olivia, and Brian. Jackie tossed her head back and laughed in Matt's arms, letting him put her down she glanced at her finger.

"I don't think I have space for two engagement rings." She laughed, holding on to Matt's mid section as they walked towards the group.

"Well, we can put diamond in the first one in to a necklace for Maddy..." Matt suggested "I thought of that the other day..."

"Dude!" Cam smiled as they approached "Those came out perfect, the sunset was perfectly behind you guys... silhouetted you on point!!" He smiled and scrolled through the digital play back on his camera.

Jackie smiled up at Matt "The way it should have been done the first time." He laughed and kissed the top of her head as Maddy squirmed in Zack's arms.

"Someone wants daddy!" Zack put her down, letting Maddy run to Matt's arms.

"Hey princess bug." Matt kissed her cheek as Jackie watched the two interact, amusing Cam as he showed her more images.

Maddy smile and snuggle in to Matt's neck, her cheeks giving way to small dimples in the creases of her cheeks, she looked more and more like her daddy every day. Something Jackie was thankful for.

"How's about we get heading home?" Matt asked, looking back to Jackie "We should probably get this little one to bed, maybe get us some dinner?"

"That sounds great!" Brian smirked "Michelle is actually on the way back to your house to meet us!"

"Oh, like this wasn't perfectly planned." Jackie laughed and poked Matt's arm "I love you."

"I love you too... I love both of my ladies so much." He hugged Jackie to his side as he kissed Maddy's cheek "My two lovely beautiful ladies."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one *DJ Khalid voice* lol I have to be up soooo early tomorrow for this work meeting but I am soooo not tired!! I made the mistake of napping with my daughter this afternoon O_O so I have so much energy... argh!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Jbd