Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

115

Third Person POV

The reception was beautiful, everyone was dancing together after the initial first dances happened. Maddy was dancing with Matt and Brian, holding one of each of their hands as Jackie and Michelle watched from the table. "Literally so cute." Michelle smiled to Jackie as she laughed "So have you thought about you guys' wedding?"

"Mich," She laughed shaking her head, "Enjoy tonight... Take this all in, you'll be helping me plan soon enough."

"Yah yah." Michelle waved her off as Jimmy walked over.

"May I have this dance, Mrs. Haner." He smirked as Michelle stood up. Walking away from Jackie.

Her eyes scanned the crowd, smiling as Brian picked Maddy up and danced with her. Matt began dancing with Michelle's mom, everyone looked so happy. Jackie glanced down at the ring shining against her now tan skin, a smile making it's way on to her face.

She finally had it all. She had her daughter, she had her fiance, she had the house of her dreams. Her brother was back in her life, and his amazing girlfriend was always there to have her back, she was going to be a great sister-in-law, the thought just made Jackie smile. Zack's wedding. She would gain a sister-in-law, and watch him become the happiest man on Earth. She knew he was planning to propose soon, he talked about it all the time to her over the phone when Liv was at work.

Her eyes focused on her ring, her fingers twining together as her mind wandered. In her mind, her own wedding day played out. But she couldn't physically feel that it would happen. In her mind, she was doomed. She had made too many mistakes, she and Matt were flawed. She doubted in her mind, no matter how happy she was right now, that their day would ever come. She didn't doubt their love, nor did she doubt they would be together for the entirety of Maddy's life.

But that one step further, she doubted. She knew there was too much baggage held by each of them to make that day happen, but then again she wasn't sure if that was just her demons trying to drag her away from her happy family. Once again.

Jackie's eyes closed for a moment and looked up as Maddy ran to her legs.

"Mumma!" She smiled, colliding with her mother's thin legs, Jackie smiled and hoisted her up, sitting her small child on her lap as Maddy played with her necklace.

Laughter erupted from the dance floor and Jackie glanced up, the smile fading from her lips as her eyes scanned the bodies on the dance floor. Brian, Michelle, the DiBinedetto parents, Matt, and Val were dancing on the floor together. The blood coursing through her veins froze still, she bit the inside of her cheek to keep the tears inside her eyes. Maddy yanked at her mother's sleeve and yawned, her big hazel eyes staring up as she rubbed them.

"You sleepy babes?" Jackie kissed her cheek and sighed as the group continued to have a grand old time on the dance floor together. Maddy nodded to Jackie "Ok, we can get going then... Let mumma go find uncle Zack."

Jackie smiled and hoisted Maddy to her hip, walking through the guests to where Zack was standing with Liv and the Haners.

"Hey sis." He smiled and hugged the two ladies "What's up?" Zack could sense the disturbance in his sister's gait as she walked over, shrugging off his worry as she responded.

"I'm gonna take Mads back, can you guys bring Matt back?" She asked, Zack nodded carefully and glanced around.

"He doesn't... wanna leave with you guys?" Liv asked, the question that burnt Zack's tongue.

"Nah," Jackie laughed "He's having fun, tell Brian and Michelle I'll catch them later?" She asked.

"Ok..." Zack mumbled, kissing his sister's cheek, giving Maddy a small hug. His eyes scanned the room for what could have made her leave suddenly. Without Matt.

Jackie left with Maddy, tears stinging her eyes as she buckled her toddler in to the backseat. "We're going home babes." She whispered and climbed in the driver's seat, sending Liv a quick message.

Can Maddy and I crash in the guest room tonight? Please don't let Zack kill him She sent it and waited the two minutes it took for Liv to respond.

Of course you can, you have a spare key, any time. We'll bring Matt to his place and be back soon.

Jackie locked her phone and began driving to Zack and Liv's house.

Inside the building, unaware that Jackie was speeding down the highway towards their home, Matt was dancing with Brian, Michelle, and Val still. Not realizing his hands had made their way to Vals's hips. Zack watched from a distance, his blood boiling but Liv holding him back from making a scene. It was a wedding, the last thing any of them wanted was bad blood because someone lost their cool.

An hour passed, Jackie was at Zack and Liv's with Maddy. Maddy was finally asleep in the guest bed, next to Jackie, tears staining the pillow case beneath her head as she caressed her daughter's hair down the side of her head. How could she be so stupid... To trust him again?

Matt was still dancing with Val, closer now, and Brian had noticed. He put his hand on Matt's shoulder and the two looked around. Val huffed in frustration as Michelle shooed her off the floor, joining in searching the crowd with Matt and Brian. Matt's face whitened as his eyes met Zack's glare, instantly the heat from his blood pushing against Matt's body. Fuck. He mouthed and Brian began arguing with Matt, scolding him no doubt as the two walked towards Zack and Liv.

"Ready to go captain handsy?" Liv asked, hand on her hip as she looked Matt up and down.

"Where'd Jackie and Maddy go off to?" He asked as his eyes scanned the room "Whe-"

"They left." Zack broke his words, Matt's eyes meeting his as the look of his actions swept his face "Like over an hour ago, while you were rekindling bullshit with Val."

"Listen I wasn't-"

"You're an idiot." Liv shook her head and walked towards Michelle to say goodbye. "Hey," She smiled as she approached the bride "Love, we're going to go-"

"Damage control." Michelle sighed "I'm sorry, I didn't notice or think to do something.."

"It's not your fault!" Liv smiled and hugged Michelle "You enjoy your night, we got this. I'll put Matt in his place in the car."

"Did Jackie leave with Maddy?" Brian asked as he walked back over, signaling that Zack had taken Matt outside.

"Yah, they're at Zack and my place for the night, she'll be fine. We're bringing Matt home, alone, we'll see you guys soon though ok?" Liv smiled and hugged them both "Enjoy, party hard."

"Oh we will." Brian smirked and hugged Michelle to him "Tell Jackie we said be safe."

"I will." Live smiled, walking out to the door to find her boyfriend and his dumbass of a best friend.

Which wasn't hard, considering they were in the parking lot screaming. What Matt had to scream about was beyond Liv, but as she approached she realized he was crying.

"Grow the fuck up, Matt. You were all over your fucking ex, while your fiance sat out with your daughter." Liv stood in front of him, her words hitting him like brick "She's fucking hurt, she doubts herself enough, she thinks she's the fuck up... You keep dragging her back, trying to save her, but then you just break her. You crush her for fuck sake, Matt."

"I didn't... I didn't even think, Liv.." Matt put his head in his hands "I can't believe-"

"That you're so stupid, stupid enough to let your fiance feel unloved and betrayed. That's low, very, very low." Liv opened the car door "Get the fuck in, we're responsible for taking you home. Your fiance asked us to, because she actually gives a fuck about you."

"Liv-"

"Don't." She cut Matt off "I haven't been around long, I don't know the whole back story. There could be loads I'm missing, but seriously? From what I have seen, you should be fucking kissing the ground that woman walks on, and never letting her from your fucking sights."

Liv slammed the car door shut and started the engine, waiting for the two men to climb in also, before she ripped out of the parking lot and towards Matt's house in Long Beach. The music was up, but Matt couldn't manage to block her words from his head. She was right, after all they'd been through, after every thing they'd over come together.. After proposing for a fucking third time to Jackie, he still managed to fuck it up. And sober, too, he wasn't even drinking.