Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

116

Third Person POV

Jackie's eyes popped open as the door creaked, swinging open slowly. She sat up, yawning as she glanced at the clock beside the bed. It was ten in the morning. She looked back towards the door where Zack leaned against the frame, offering a small smile.

Her eyes scanned the empty bed, Maddy was obviously awake already. "Morning." Zack smiled and walked over, sitting on the empty side of the bed "Sleep ok?"

"Yah, obviously too good... When did Mads get up?" She asked, stretching and feeling her dress that she was still in shift, the material was crinkled against her side.

"Like eight, not too early. She's downstairs watching My Little Pony with Liv. I wanted to talk to you." His eyes scanned the ones so closely matched to his color, he could read every emotion. Sadness, hurt, betrayal, anger, almost everything you'd imagine.

"Did he get home ok? I'm assuming you guys drove him?" Jackie asked as she tucked her legs beneath her body, putting her hair up in a messy bun.

"Yup, he went in to the house and locked us out so we couldn't talk to him." Zack shrugged as Jackie rolled her eyes "We'll watch Mads if you wanna go over there and talk.."

"I should, shouldn't I?" Jackie laughed as Zack nodded "I don't want to, because I know I'm going to be a bitch."

"Good, he needs that. He needs to see what he did has a consequence. I'm proud of you for leaving last night, and not causing a fight.. I really am, it took a lot for me to do the same. But we didn't argue until we got outside."

"I'm glad. But.. yah, I should go talk to him... I'll go tell Maddy bye and leave.. Thanks." She smiled at Zack, leaning forward to give him a hug.

"Live said to have you change in to these," Zack handed her some clothes rolled up in his hand "It's just some jeans and a shirt, so you don't look so.. walk of shame."

Her eyes rolled, laughing "Thanks, I'll change and head out.. I really should figure this out."

"We're here if you need us, you're welcome to stay as long as you want." Zack smiled as he walked out, closing the door behind him.

Jackie sighed, rifling through her purse to take her medication quickly as her hands trembled. Flashbacks of forgetting them crossed her mind, she swallowed the pills quickly and shed her dress, letting the light blue material gather at her feet. She shimmied in to Liv's pants and pulled the shirt over her head, slipping back in to her heels. She laughed at the combination but shrugged it off. She tucked the dress in to her bag and walked downstairs.

"I'm off." She smiled as Liv nodded, Maddy passed out on the couch "I'll be back in a bit."

"Take your time, don't let him off easy." Liv nodded her head as Jackie agreed.

She locked the house door behind her and got in to her car, starting the engine to life and driving off towards her home. The home she shared with her fiance and daughter, the home that would soon be full of anger and remorse, and God only knew what other emotions would come to the party that was Jackie's brain right now.

Her thoughts ran through her mind as she drove. Would she even forgive him? He didn't cheat on her, he was dancing with them, yes his hands were on Val, but he didn't do anything romantic or intimate. But for the fact he ignored her and didn't bring her to the floor with him.

She shook her head as she entered the driveway, her thoughts taking up more time than she anticipated. She shut the car off in the driveway and walked to the door, she opened it and dropped her purse beside the door.

"Matt?" She called out, shutting the door behind her. As it clicked she heard a noise down the downstairs hallway. She glanced and shrugged, walking down to the half open door to Matt's study. She opened the door as he sat in his study chair, his face on his desk, he was sound asleep. Jackie walked over and pushed his arm "Matt..." She gently shook him "Matt-"

She tossed herself backwards as he sat up, striking out at whatever was there, unsure of what was pushing him but last he knew he was home alone and not expecting Jackie to return for days.

"Matt!" She got his attention, his body stopped reacting as he stared at her. "Matt, we... we-"

"Need to talk." He finished for her, suddenly feeling fully awake, after having just fell asleep a few hours ago, since he had been up all night hating himself and thinking of ways he could even try to apologize without the thought of an acceptance.

"Yes." She nodded and sat down on the coffee table in the center of the room "Last night."

"I'm so sorry, I know it doesn't mean shit-"

"It doesn't." Jackie shook her head, shrugging her shoulders as Matt's heart cracked inside his chest "Your words mean shit, your apologies... Mean nothing, nothing anymore. How many times have you apologized? How many times have you begged me to come back and stay and it would be perfect?" She asked, watching his hazel eyes scan her body "Matt."

"Jackie listen," He rubbed the back of his stiff neck, falling asleep against a desk had it's downfalls "I know I can say I'm sorry until I turn blue, and it won't take back my stupidity. It won't take back the betrayal, what I've done... But-"

"You didn't do anything bad, Matt. You didn't fuck her, you didn't fool around with her, Hell you didn't even kiss her." Jackie paused, trying to hide the fact she was still unsure of what her reaction would be "But... You let Maddy see that. You let Maddy watch you with her, you held her waist Matt, Brian held our daughter as you danced with your ex-girlfriend right in front of your fiance. The one you've proposed to three times, the one you've prayed to save and to keep.. What... What the fuck went through your head?" She asked, standing now and pacing.

"I don't know... Nothing, that's what... I completely spaced out.." Matt watched as she walked the floor, he knew everything coming he deserved, he deserved more than just verbal repremandation, he deserved... well, he didn't deserve her words for that part.

"Exactly, Matt. Nothing, nothing goes through your head. You do stupid shit, and you're sober. I... I honestly came here with this grand plan of being so nice, and so forgiving." She wrung her hands together "But you know? I just want to fucking lash out, scream, lose my shit, forget you and all your dumb promises... Forget all of this and live with my daughter and be fucking elated to not have to worry about someone fucking around on me." She laughed as Matt felt as though she had punched him, breath escaping his lungs, right to the chest "How do I know that's not why you're out late at the studio? How do I know that's not why you spend days there at a time recently?"

"Jackie," He cut her off "I spent that much time, not at the studio... I was with Zack, Liv, Brian and Michelle. They were helping me plan proposing to you, that whole beach idea... That was Liv, it was around two in the morning and twelve pots of coffee later that she had that idea.. I don't... I don't pull that stuff off, I suck at it. I suck at romance, I've always sucked at keeping you.." Tears swelled in his eyes, Jackie turned her head as she felt her heart soften towards him. She wasn't giving in. She couldn't. "I've lost you, with no right to get you back, so many times. I've let you walk away from me without even chasing you, case and point last night.. I fuck up, Jackie I do... But I could never cheat on you, I could never be that intimate with someone other than you, yes we danced, yes I held on to her, but I swear to God it meant nothing."

"To you!" Jackie shouted, her blood boiling "That fucking skank thinks she won. She pissed me off and I left, angrily, angry at you. She fucking did win because you know what? We're fighting, we're growing apart again. Just what she wants and fuck it, she can have this win. I've fought, Matt.." Tears rolled off her cheeks "I've fought so hard. I did so much to make my life what it is now, I let you back in after I got Maddy back... I tried for your fucking sake to be a family, I let you encroach on our life in Miami, you followed me everywhere Matt. Can't you fucking see?" She screamed, almost sending Matt to fall back in his chair. "I don't want this. You do! I want my daughter, I want to be healthy and happy. A family? I wanted that, before you fucking became an alcoholic, before you fucking felt up your ex at our best friend's wedding.. I wanted this before you showed our daughter someone else could be in your life, in front of me. In front of her mother, you showed her, exactly who the fuck you are Matt."

"Jackie." He stopped as she wiped her face angrily. "I love you, so much.."

"If you loved me," She walked towards his chair, placing her hands on top of his as she glared in to his eyes "You'd fucking show our daughter how a man actually acts and stop being a fuck up. I swear to God Matthew. I may be trying this whole nice person bullshit, but you know better than any one what the fuck I can do, ok? You know what Zack can do, and you fucking sure as Hell have seen it."

"You've never hurt anyone.." Matt laughed, his eyes suddenly opening at his words.

"I can hurt myself, and therefor I know how to hurt you, I know very well how to hurt you, and how to make everyone else hate you, watch your fucking self." She hissed and backed up "Maddy and I are going to stay at Zack's for the weekend, you can figure out exactly what you're going to do. I'm fucking done being nice and being walked on. Wanna fuck up one more time?"

"Jackie come on-" Matt tried reasoning but she walked out of the room, leaving him to contemplate her words. She wouldn't... would she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that fucking turned around... I'm going to be, I have more fucking work in the morning. Woo... and we don't even go back for three more weeks. Shoot me now.

xxxooo jBd