Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

14

*Jackie's POV*

I was content in Matt's arms as we stayed in the dark room, but apparently everyone else wanted to leave. Matt's phone wouldn't stop ringing. Finally we decided to just get dressed and go. Matt fumbled around for a light switch as I got my dress on, once he turned the lights on and turned to me, letting out a loud laugh.

"What's so funny?" I placed my hands on my hips and smirked at him, trying to figure out what he could be laughing at. He covered his mouth and pointed to me. I looked down and noticed my dress was backwards "Ahhh, that's why I couldn't find the zipper." I laughed as Matt got redressed. I fixed my hair the best I could and redid my make up as Matt waited.

"Ready yet?" He fake huffed as I walked over.

"Yah, I just don't want questions." I laughed "Zack might kill you." I smirked as he snaked his hand around my waist. He shook his head with a laugh as we walked outside.

"They said they'd meet us by the cars." He announced as we took a turn around the building. I nodded and kept close to Matt as we passed a group of creepy guys smoking outside. Matt gave me a reassuring squeeze as we walked by. There were a few whistles and comments and Matt just growled.

"You're like a dog, Matt... shut up." I laughed under my breath and smacked his chest "Jeesum crow."

"I'm a guy, I know what they're thinking." He mumbled as we neared the cars. I could hear loud voices and laughs as we approached. The one thing that hadn't crossed my mind was, that if we were going to attempt keeping ourselves a secret, the whole arm on waist thing would have needed to be stopped. Apparently he didn't think of it either.

"Whoooaaa." Brian pointed at us as we walked over "Dude."

Zack turned and looked, Matt quickly retracted his hand from my waist but Zack caught it. He glared at Matt "Why was your arm around her back?" He asked as I walked over to a beaming Michelle, I just rolled my eyes.

"Some creepy guys back there were giving her shit, so I stepped in." Matt shrugged and acting like nothing was happening, he was a good actor...

"Really? Is that true?" Zack looked at me.

"Oh yeah, there was that other guy in the bar, too. Total creeper, tried to drag me out of the damn place... Matt stepped in... He was like my guardian angel tonight or something." I smirked as Matt rolled his eyes.

"Awwee!" Michelle smiled and ruffled my hair, giving me a wink "That's adorable. Now let's get out of here, we have some serious dishing to do." She poked my butt as I turned to get in her car.

"HEY!" I laughed "What's with the butt poking?"

"Apparently I'm not the only one who hit that tonight." She winked at me, but clearly didn't know how to keep her voice down. Zack stalked over and grabbed my arm.

"What is she talking about?" He asked and looked at Michelle "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." She shook her head "It was a joke, Vengeance, back off."

"That wasn't a joke, Michelle." He narrowed his eyes at me and tapped his foot.

"It's true though... You were supposed to stay at the bar, but you were MIA most of the night. Where were you?" Jimmy asked as he walked over and leaned against the car next to me.

"I was there, you guys are just blind or something." I rolled my eyes "I never left, why would I have left? If I left, it would have only been with one of you becase clearly it wasn't safe for me to leave." I rolled my eyes but I noticed Brian was thinking, which had proven never to be a good thing.

"OH MY GOD!" He pointed at me and covered his mouth, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet "I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!"

"No, you don't know, Brian.." I hissed.

"Oh yes I do." He smiled wide and glanced at Matt "I know where you two were."

"Two?" Zack turned around.

"Weren't you the one wondering where Matt was earlier? Huh? Do you think it was a coincidence they were gone at the same time, and walked out together? And when you texted Matt that we were leaving he said we'll be out in a minute and Jackie never texted you back?" Brian asked.

Zack whipped around to me and I rolled my eyes, carefully slipping my cell phone into the open door behind me "I left my phone in Michelle's car, idiot." I turned and retrieved it.

"Still doesn't explain why you were with Matt not at the bar." Zack turned back to Matt "You better not lie to me."

"We uhm... I uh..." Matt tripped over his words "Zack, dude...."

"Shadows! Just spit it out!" Zack shouted "She's my baby sister! I kinda want to know if she was ok or not!"

"She was perfectly ok." Matt smiled at me, I rolled my eyes.

Brian elbowed Matt's arm and laughed "Liar liar pants on fire."

"No, I'm dead serious. She was fine." Matt shrugged "I don't see what the big deal is, here, guys.

Zack bit his lip and paced around the parking lot, every once and a while pointing from Matt then to me. He was mumbling things under his breath and then looked up. "No, you were on your cell phone right after the set. I remember... mom texted you to ask how it went." Zack pointed at me "You lied to me?"

I gulped, this was not turning out so good. I could see Matt shaking in his shoes. A fight here and now wouldn't be the greatest thing every "Uhmm..."

"Are you thinking of another lie?" He asked "To cover your last lie? Because I know you had it, you even told me Mom asked how the show was, remember?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and bit my lip, hanging my head down.

"Why won't you just tell me where you went? I mean... it's not that big of a problem. I mean," He scoffed "It's not like you two were..." He paused and looked at Matt "Doing anything."

The lack of noise was a good enough answer for him. Zack began approaching Matt, yelling profanities and taking swings. Jimmy grabbed Zack and pulled him away as Matt gave me one look that said everything. That he had been right, that Zack would flip, that this wasn't a good idea.

"But Zack, Zack!" I shouted and grabbed his arm "It's not all his fault!"

"You're a minor!" He shouted "That's... that's... illegal! We don't need legal problems here! That's the absolute last thing we need!"

"It's not illegal unless it's considered rape." I rolled my eyes "Pay attention to laws, Zack."

"BUT YOU'RE A MINOR! It doesn't matter! He can get thrown in fucking jail because of that! It doesn't matter if it's rape or not, it's still illegal!" He shouted.

"Why don't you just shout it to the fucking world then, Zack?!" I shouted back "God! You are such a moron!"

"I'm the moron?" He asked as Jimmy released him "I'm the moron?! I'm not the one who slept with a twenty-one year old when I'm a minor!" He hissed quietly "Did you at least use protection?"

I glanced at Matt. He bit his lip and looked down, pain easily written on his face.

"Fucking great!" Zack threw his hands in the air and looked at me "I know it's your life, I know I barely know you and you probably don't think I have a right to be mad... but I've known him for a good fifteen years, I know how he works, Jackie. And I don't think that's the exact person I want my sister dating!" He looked at Matt "You had better pray to God nothing happens to her, because I will not be easy on you just because you're dating my sister. I already told you that sisters fall under a whole different category of rules, Shadows."

"I know." Matt mumbled quietly "But you can't control her life, Zack. It's her life to live however she wants. She can date whoever she wants, it's not up to you. It's pretty pathetic of you to yell at her for what she wants to do."

"Matt, she's my sister. Ok? My baby sister that I finally got back in my life. I don't want things to be ruined so quickly, so fast, by my best friend. I'd rather not have to rip you to shreds."

"Like you could." Brian chuckled. I sighed and watched as Zack glared at him.

"Can we all just go home? I think there's been enough fighting and yelling for one day.." I sighed as Michelle agreed.

"You're riding with me." Zack grabbed my hand and looked me dead in the eyes "We have a lot to talk about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it :) It was... extremely terrible and a filler chapter. Kinda long, but kinda horrible. Ugh.

comments? they make the world a sweeter place :)

xoxoxo Jb

Oh yes! Jimmy The Rev Sullivan won the Golden Drummer award last night :) So proud. Apparently M.Shadows presented the award to Jimmy's family. I want to see this so bad :'(