Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

15

*Jackie's POV*

I slept in the next day, not wanting to face Zack after the car ride home last night. He was over mad, that was an understatement. A few times he had to stop talking and take deep breaths he was starting to yell so loud. I was almost regretting coming home, if I had known what was going to happen, I would have stayed with Anne and Kevin. Nothing like this ever happened. I had never seen anyone that pissed before, yell that loud before, or even use those words to describe someone he called a best friend. He said, in so many words, that Matt was a womanizer, that he'd go back to Val eventually, that he had angery issues... but look who was talking? Zack had anger issues, clearly. He said I hadn't made the right choice, that part he hadn't yelled at me. He was somewhat calm when he said it, I guess he was actually trying not to be a complete jerk. I could see he was trying just to be a good older brother. But he needed to know that this was unnecesary, he didn't need to get so explosive about it.

"Jaclyn? Are you coming out of there any time soon?" Mom knocked on the door gently at noon. I grunted in response "Hun? What's the matter? Neither one of you is talking, what happened?" She asked through the door. By neither one of you she meant me and Zack. We both went to bed ticked last night, but about different reasons. His because I slept with his best friend within a week of being here. Mine because he was angry at me and I didn't want to face him, or have to explain to Mom and Dad that their daughter they just got back was sleeping with a twenty-one year old that was their son's best friend.

I heard her walk away with a sigh. I pulled the covers over my head and snuggled down against the sheets, willing myself to fall back asleep, but I couldn't. I heard more footsteps and a knock on the door.

"Jackie?" It was Zack "Jackie? Can I talk to you? Will you let me in?"

"It's not locked." I huffed loud enough for him to hear. The door open and he walked in. I stayed under the covers and listened as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Listen... I just wanted to apologize for being such an ass last night. I shouldn't have gotten so mad. It's your life and if you and Matt want to... do that, then I shouldn't fuck with it. I'm not saying I approve, because frankly, I don't. At all. Everyone might say you're better for him than Val was, and that's all true, but he isn't good for you. There was a reason he was with Val. Because she's fucking crazy and he's learned to disregard everything she has to say about his.. habbits." He paused "Are you even listening to me?"

"Yes." I mumbled and moved out from under the covers "I'm listening."

"Is it helping?" He asked.

I huffed "Of course not, of course it's not helping, Zack. I'm not exactly letting go of the fact you screamed this all in a bar parking lot and acted like it was the end of the fuckin' world. That's not a big brother thing to do, and I'm not saying you need to be my big protective brother all the time. Just every once and a while when it's completely necessary."

"Oh." He mumbled.

"Oh? That's all I get? I had to deal with your childish anger outburst the entire drive home last night, and Oh is all I get? Get out of my room." I pointed to the door "You want a normal sibling relationship? GET THE FUCK OUT!"

Zack stared at me "That's not what-"

"MOM! Tell Zack to get out of my room!" I got up and walked to the door "IF you want me to act like a minor, you get me acting like a minor. You can tell Matt that I won't go out with him now because of you. M'kay? MOM!" I shouted "Tell Zack to get out of my room! He isn't listening to me!"

"Zachary! Get out of your sister's room!" Mom shouted up the stairs "Now!"

I smirked as Zack stood up. He walked over and stopped infront of me "What?" I asked innocently "I can pull the bitch card."

"That was childish." He shook his head.

"I have the right, I mean, according to you I am a child. I'm a minor, remember? You're technically the adult in this situation and did most of the bitching last night." I crossed my arms over my chest "MOM!"

"Zachary!" She shouted "Stop bothering your sister and get out of her room! Do I have to come up there and seperate you two?!" She shouted with a small laugh to herself at the end "You two should be getting along and not fighting."

"We wouldn't be fighting if Zack would leave me alone!" I shouted and pushed Zack out the door, slamming it behind him.

*Zack's POV*

Did all of that actually just happen? Yes? Ok, just making sure. I didn't really believe she could be this much of a child. But... I guess I brought it on myself. I was just more afraid of telling Matt why she was suddenly not interested and acting like a child. This should be so much fun. Note the sarcastic tone.

"Zaaaack?" Mom called from downstairs.

"I'm out of her room, I promise!" I called back down.

"Good, now get down here." She called.

I sighed and began walking down the stairs. She was waiting in the kitchen when I entered "I think we're making up for lost arguments." I mumbled and sat down.

"What's going on with you two today? The entire week you were getting along great, almost perfectly, no arguments.. now all of a sudden it's like World War Three. What in God's name happened last night?" She asked.

"Everything." I mumbled and looked up "But I'm not sure how much I should be telling you. She should be telling you, not me. It's not my sex li-" I paused and slapped my forehead, great going Zack.

"WHAT?!" Mom asked, composing herself quickly "Well... I guess she's not exactly a little girl any more."

"But's she a minor, Mom! You can't exactly be ok with her having sex with him can you?" I asked, this time I dropped my head to the table and vowed not to speak unless she asked me a direct question.

"With who?" Mom asked "Zack, answer me." She picked my head up and held my chin, her Mother stare hadn't lost it's scare. "Do I know him?" She asked.

"Yeaahh.." I tried looking away.

"Is he older than her?" She asked and caught my eyes again.

"Yes." I managed to not feel incredibly intimidated by her.

"What's his name?" She asked and let go of my chin.

"Uhm..." I paused.

"Zachary James Baker." She said sternly "No lying to your mother."

I huffed "Matt.." I said out of the corner of my mouth. She stared at me and held her hand behind her ear as if she hadn't heard "Matt. Matt Sanders, y'know? Big guy, tattoos, my best friend?" I rolled my eyes.

Her mouth opened then shut, opened and shut again. She was looking for words but clearly couldn't find any. She turned to the kitchen door.

"JACLYN MARIE BAKER!" She shouted "GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

There was a stumble, a door opening, and she ran down the stairs and to the kitchen "Yah Mom? Are you okay-.. oh." She looked at me "What's up?"

"Sit. Now." Mom pointed to a seat next to me "I don't care it's next to Zack, sit your butt down in it."

Jackie obeyed and sat down, inching the chair away from me "Am... Am I in trouble?" She asked.

"Big trouble." Mom looked her dead in the eyes. Jackie in turn glared at me, her eyes almost as scary as Mom's, I was in a sandwhich of fear.

"What. Did. You. Tell. Her." Jackie chopped up her sentence, sounding more intimidating with each word.

"What you should have told me." Mom looked straight at Jackie "Do you know that what you did was completely illegal? That he could be put in jail for that?"

"I know, I'm sorry! It's not like it was rape, Mom!" Jackie threw her hands in the air "It was a decision made by two sober individuals to be intimate. Ok?"

"But you're a minor, the court doesn't care wether the decision was mutual or not. He's twenty-one and you'r seventeen. I know age shouldn't matter, and if you were eighteen and he was twenty-two it wouldn't. But you aren't eighteen, darling. I'm not mad because you made this choice... I'm only worried about what might happen." She closed her eyes momentrailly "Was there... protection?" She asked, I could see the awkward look in her eyes.

"No." Jackie muttered under her breath "We forgot."

"Alright." Mom nodded helplessly "Are you two... together or something now? I mean... what did that choice exactly mean for you two?"

"We aren't together, Zack doesn't approve." Jackie glared at me "The last thing I want is to come here and ruin his friendships."

"Alright, does Matthew know this?" Mom asked.

"No. Zack has to tell him." Jackie again glared at me. I just sat there listening "Because it's his fault I'm not going out with Matt, and he insists I start making decisions like a minor, so I will."

"Zack... is that true?" Mom asked.

"Not those exact words, but pretty much." I sighed.

"It seems you have some explaining to do with Matt, and Jackie has some things to think about." Mom stood up "I suggest you make it quick and simple, Zack. And you," She turned to Jackie and placed her hand on her shoulder "You have a big thing to think about dear, there's consequences for unprotected sex and you should begin preparing for them just in case."

"I know." Jackie whispered adn got up, quickly leaving the room. I sat back and sighed, processing over what exactly I would say to Matt to phrase it that it wasn't my fault, but it was... and I couldn't exactly get around that.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was actually fun to write for some reason. Anywhoooo.... I'm off to update another story :) my other Zack/sibling story Never Say Goodbye :) Hint hint if you wanna check it out lol. You don't have to, it's just a suggestion ;D