Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

18

Two weeks. Two whole weeks. Zack was still adomant about not being happy about Matt and I. But I couldn't keep myself away. Matt was starting to... grow on me. I was just hoping it was external.

"So what do you want to do today?" Matt whispered into my hair as we sat on the couch watching TV. I think Mom and Dad had decided to let me make my own choices, they weren't butting in or anything.

"Uhmm.." I mumbled and shrugged, readjusting myself in his arms. I was between his legs leaning against his chest, both of us sitting sideways on the couch. Zack was gone off somewhere, and it was pretty much the only time we had together without getting awkward looks from Zack. He was such a bitch "What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"I asked you first." Matt kissed my cheek gently. Things had been relatively smooth, other than that one question lying under the surface in each of our minds. I was just waiting for the tell-tale sign. I was supposed to be this past week, but you know, not everyone's always on time. Y'know?

I laughed as his arms rested on my stomach, making small circles on the thin tanktop material that covered my skin. "We can go to the beach. Within the past three weeks I've been here, I've only been once." I leaned my head against him as he nodded.

"Sounds good. Then... maybe.." He paused, his hands lying flat on my stomach "We can go to the grocery store... and uhm.." He paused.

"Ok." I nodded slowly "But beach first, for definite." I smiled and hopped up, turning to face Matt. I let out a giggle at his facial expression "What's the sad face for?"

"I was comfortable." He pouted.

I rolled my eyes "I have to go get a bikini on, I don't want to swim in my clothes thank you very much." I stuck my tongue out "I'll be right back down." I pointed at his nose and ran up the stairs, skipping every other one.

I bolted down the hall and ran into my room, skidding to a stop infront of my dresser. I slid open the top left drawer and tapped my chin. Pink, green, blue, purple, or black... I grabbed the bright purple top and black bottoms.

"When in doubt.." I smiled and stripped quickly, pulling the bikini on and tying the bottoms sides and the top in place. I checked in the mirror and smiled. I grabbed a white v-neck tshirt and pulled it on, then some cut off denim shorts. I shimmied into them and zipped and buttoned them. I sprayed some texturizer in my hair and crumpled it up with my fingers, making it sort of... tousled if you will. I removed all my makeup and replaced it with waterproof, then added sprakly gloss to my lips. I grabbed my pre-packed beach bag containing a large towel, flipflops, frisbee, inflatable ball, and some sunblock which I never used. I grabbed my sunglasses from my dresser and put them ontop of my head.

"Are you ready yet?" Matt called up the stairs.

"Hold on!" I called back and made my way to the top of the stairs "Reaaddyy!" I sang and sat on the banister, sliding down it as Matt shook his head and laughed.

"I'm dating a child."

"Technically." I smirked and poked his chest "Only a few more months."

"How many, again?" He asked as he laced his fingers with mine, steadying me as I put my flipflops on.

"Uh.." I stared at the ceiling "What is it? June? July, August, September, October." I counted on my free hand "Four."

"That's like half a year." Matt grunted as we walked out the door.

"No, it's less than half a year." I rolled my eyes as we walked down the sidewalk, it was less than a ten minute walk to the beach from the house.

"Well, we're going to celebrate like crazy. I'm pretty sure Michelle is planning something huge." Matt laughed as I began skipping "You're going to have to start acting like a human being adult. Y'know that right?"

I stuck my tongue out at him "Well duh. I try, dearest, I try." We both laughed as my cell phone rang. "Hello? Jackie speaking."

"Where are you?" Michelle asked hurriedly.

"Walking to the beach with Matt, why?" I asked, holding Matt's hand tighter "What's wrong? Why are you so rushy?"

"She's with Matt," She said to someone in the background"Oh, no. Zack just came over all worried because he just heard on the news that some seventeen year old girl from the LA area got killed in her house this morning. They didn't release an address or names yet. As long as you're ok." I heard her sigh.

"He could have just called me." I rolled my eyes, Matt gave me a stern look "But tell him I'm fine."

"He wants to talk to you." Michelle said quietly.

"I don't want to talk to him. We're walking. I can't multitask, tell him I'll talk to him later or something." I waved at the air as if I was waving him off "Talk to you later, Mich."

"Bye kiddo, keep safe."

I hung up and slipped my phone back into my pocket as we walked onto the sand. I held Matt's arm back and stopped him, using him as a sturdy object to lean against while I took my shoes off. He rolled his eyes "You know, I could fall over just as easily as you could." He shoved my arm gently.

"Ow, bitch." I rolled my eyes and shoved my flipflops in my bag "Where do you want to sit at?" I asked.

"I know this spot..." He smirked and I laughed "What?"

"Is this the famous spot that Jimmy won't stop gabbing about?" He nodded "Cool, sounds nice."

Matt smiled and took my hand, dragging me off towards a less populated area of the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm listening to Imma Be by the Black Eyed Peas right now and I have Will.i.am's part stuck in m y head lol. Anywhoooo.... hope you liked it :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb