Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

2

*Zack's POV*

"SO...." She paused as I began driving down the highway "What... how... I don't even know where to start." She turned in her seat and faced me, she was smiling like crazy... well so was I "After seventeen years of being told I look nothing like any of my family, always joking I had siblings that had been given away, they finally admit I'm adopted... that I have a whole 'nother family... and a brother." She looked at the road "What was it like... growing up with Mom and Dad?"

"Like... growing up with parents." I shrugged "Probably exactly what it was like growing up with Anne and Kevin."

"What are they like?" She asked "What are you like?"

I laughed "Them or me?" I asked.

"You first." She smiled, settling herself comfortably sideways and stared at me.

"Well... for starters.." I paused.

"He's an asshole, plays the guitar, drinks underage, smokes, has tattoos, likes baseball, and has a new sister." Brian interjected. Jaclyn looked back.

"Well then." She said under her breath.

"He has awesome friends," Brian looked at the ceiling and blinked a few times in the if I Do say so myself way "Piercings... likes good music, has a dog, hasn't shut up about his sister coming home for the past month that he's known you were coming." He rolled his eyes. I shot him a glare.

"What music do you like?" Jaclyn turned to me.

"Rock." I nodded, she made a face "You?"

"Anything but." She laughed "What... bands? Do you listen to?"

"Well back in the day," I started as Brian took a breath.

"Oingo Boingo, Maiden, I make him listen to Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and Misfits." Brian nodded.

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh." She nodded.

"What do you listen to?" Brian asked.

"Uhmm... Whatever's on the radio?" She laughed and held her hands up.

"Mainstream." Brian and I groaned in unison.

"Ok!" She laughed "Nicknames, nicknames... I need to be let in on the nickname situation here." She held her finger to Brian "And... go!"

"Zack, Zacky, Vengeance, Zacky V, ZV... Zachary, only when his mom's pissed at him. Then tons more, but none can I mention in the presence of a girl." Brian stuck his tongue out at me.

"And you?" I turned to Jaclyn.

"Jackie, Jac, Lyn, Jackolantern.... And others." She smirked.

"Liiiikkeee?" I asked "You're my sister, I need to know." I winked as she rolled her eyes.

"Bitch, shithead, dick-house, Shnitzle, and EasyCheese." She squinted "Happy?"

Brian busted out laughing "EASYCHEESE?! Why?"

"Long story." She waved her hand at him "What are Zack's nicknames you can't mention infront of a girl? 'Cos I don't mind if you swear, I've heard everything in the book."

Brian shrugged "Dickhead, motherfucker.... you get the idea."

"Usual nicknames." Jaclyn nodded "So what can I call you?"

"Anything..." I shrugged "Just not motherfucker or dickhead." I glared at Brian.

"I like Zacky." She smiled.

"I'm gunna call you Jackie... Cos it's easier than Jaclyn." I looked over at her as she nodded.

"And less formal. So.. what else?"

"Well, thank to Brian you know all about me." I laughed as Brian saluted "Now spill everything about you, sis."

She took a deep breath.

"We're in for it." Brian laughed.

"I'm Jackie. I'm seventeen. I like sports, music, and shopping. I'm allergic to cats, pecans, and oranges. I hate the dark, being alone in the dark, and people making fun of me. I've been suspended from school for fighting, and I don't regret hitting that bitch, either. I've been to my share of parties, alcoholic and non." She paused as I gave her a look "I just found out I have a brother, and that I'm not who I thought I was, and just uprooted my life because... well... My real parents wanted me back. I also happen to have the coolest friends ever, and hated leaving them, but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I hate horror movies, blood makes me sick. I have asthma, so smoking makes me choke but I can handle it to a certain point... that point being when I start choking." She laughed "I have a dog named Chilly that Anne and Kevin agreed to give to my best friend Nicole since I'm gone now. I'm a senior in highschool and planning on going to culinary arts school." She smiled and finished.

"Allergic to what?" Brian asked.

"If you put me in the same room as a cat, I'll break out in little white dots all over my legs, and my eyes will start watering. If I eat pecans, my tongue just gets fuzzy like a bunch of cotton, but I don't get a swollen throat or anything too bad. Oranges... I get icky white bumps again and my throat itches and I haven't gotten farther than that. Anne took me to the hospital before it got too bad." She nodded.

"Oranges?" I asked.

"Yes." She nodded "Are you allergic to anything?"

"Nope." I nodded "But... We're going to have to get rid of the cat."

"You have a cat?" She asked.

"No." Brian laughed and took out his cell phone "Not anymore they don't."

"Text Matt, he'll take her away... Mom and Dad won't mind." I answered the question in Jackie's eyes as she looked from me to Brian and back again.

"Are you sure? I mean... I feel like such a bitch."

I Waved her off "They'd rather have you than a cat."

"For sure." Brian smiled "Matt said he'd take care of the situation and that he wants to meet Jackie when we get home."

"What's he gunna do to the poor thing?" Jackie asked as Brian finished "He better not hurt it... I may be allergic to cats, but they're living things too."

"No, he'll just give it to Jimmy's girlfriend or something... or mine... oh goddamnit." He took out his phone again "Better... not... give it... to... Mich... or.. you die." He muttered and closed his phone "ANYWAYS! You'll have tons of friends within minutes from when we get home. The guys'll love you. And so will the girls."

Jackie looked at me nervously "This is where the older brother comes in and protects you, don't worry." I laughed "They don't bite... well.. Michelle... I'm not so sure. But the guys don't."

Brian laughed "She doesn't bite... I can't even get her to do tha-"

"EW!" Jackie shouted "I haven't even been here a day, we haven't hit the friend zone yet. No creepy talk." She made a shut up sign with her hand "Ok?"

Brian sat back "Yup, she's your sister alright. Biiiiii-itch!"

"If you know she's my sister, you should know better than to piss her off. I now hold the responsibility to kick whoever's ass that pisses her off. So watch the attitude, Haner." I looked at him in the mirro and he just laughed.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and began talking with Jackie about what she liked in music. I knew this would be a long day...
♠ ♠ ♠
Anozer vun! But I'm off to bed. Had a long day today, and another long one tomorrow. I'll update this again wednesday, because I'm going to update another one of my stories tomorrow hopefully :)

good night!!

xoxo

comment/subscribe/tell your friends :)