Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

20

My head rested against Matt's chest, my face burried in his shirt. Zack was pacing the hallway, muttering curses under his breath. I swear Matt's shirt was soaked with my tears. He was comfortingly rubbing my back, as tears of his own splashed into my hair. We sat in the hallway, leaned against the wall outside the bathroom. The tests were all lined up in the sink, each stupid positive sign staring me back in the face as if mocking me.

I let out a shaky sob and held on tighter to Matt. I didn't know what to do, what was I supposed to do? I didn't even want to ask Matt what he thought, I knew he was upset, he wasn't talking, he wasn't telling me it'd be ok... he was silent and crying, but he was holding me... that counted for something towards a good sign.

"What are you going to do?" Zack broke the silence that had been hanging for near an hour after we found out.

"I don't know." I sniffled into Matt's shirt "What am I supposed to do with it?"

"I don't know." Zack paced more as I turned in Matt's arms. He pulled me back and pressed my back against his chest, his hands once again lying flat on my stomach. I wiped at my eyes.

"It's not like you're going to do this alone." Matt spoke up, his voice chilling my spine to the core "I'm here with you, this is half of me too now. I'm not going to leave this all with you."

"Listen, Matt.." I sighed and rested my head on his chest "I'm not expecting you to stick around," I paused as he chuckled under his breath "This can't be a plus for your career, for the band, for anything really. You don't have to commit your life to this, you don't have to tell me you'll stay. I just want you to be there when it grows up. For soccer games, for clarinet recitals, or for ballet recitals. If it's a boy I want you to teach it the rules of football, or any sport for that matter. If it's a girl.... I want you to be protective and not just tell me it's my daughter you deal with her. I at least want you to have some influence it it's life..."

"You're over thinking this." Matt whispered "I'm not going anywhere. I don't care what reprocussions this has on my career, what career? I'm a singer in a band, that isn't exactly a choice in middle school on career day." He laughed "I have a gut feeling that you won't be getting rid of me that easily." He kissed my ear "I will always be there."

"Really?" I couldn't help but sniffle a little as he nodded his nose against the back of my neck "ZACK!" I shouted, taking him off guard. He spun around and faced me, his hands out infront of him to balance himself after the spin "You're gunna be an uncle."

"Oh god...." He muttered "What are Mom and Dad gunna say?" He paused.

I bit my lip and scruntched down in Matt's arms "I don't know... they're probably going to hate me. Dad's gunna rip Matt apart.. Mom's gunna ban him from the house.." I rambled things off.

"Actually," Zack paused and looked down the stairs "Mom's home from work, you should go tell her. Oh no, wait, it's... dad." He laughed "This should be good. Don't worry about Matt," Zack smirked "He can handle himself."

"I'm pretty sure they saw this coming." I muttered and stood up with Zack's help, making my way down the stairs just as the front door opened.

"KIDS!? I'm home!" Dad shouted, then saw me "Oh hey-... Oh baby, what's wrong? Hun, what's the matter?" He asked as I ran to him. For being my dad I only knew for three weeks, I felt completely comfortable around him. Enough to cry, spill my guts, and tell him almost everything.

"Daddy!" I sobbed into his arms as he dropped his suitcase, rocking me back and forth "Daddy you know about... Mom told you, right?" I looked up at him. He nodded gently and caringly wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Did you... did you check or anything?" He asked carefully "Did you take a test yet?"

I nodded slowly "I'm.. I am." I whispered "Please don't hate me, or Matt... Dad I promise I just... I don't know.."

"Shhh, baby it's ok. Don't worry. We'll have a family meeting when Mom get's home, and we'll all talk about it. Does... does Matthew know?"

I nodded towards the stairs "Guys." I called. Matt and Zack slowly walked from the hallway and down the stairs. Matt had bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks, but when Dad released me from his grasp, Matt pulled me into his. Dad gave him a once over.

"Well, Mr. Sanders." Dad nodded officially and raised an eyebrow "What exactly are you going to do now?"

"Help out as much as I can, start working more, and... get my life in order." Matt nodded back, his hands back to their new favorite spot: laid flat on my stomach.

"Good answer." Dad smiled and looked at Zack "Zack."

"Dad." Zack smirked "How was work?"

"Oh a shit hole, as usual." Dad rolled his eyes as he kicked off his shoes, giving me a smile "Don't worry, you'll be well taken care of. I'm sure Mom won't give you a minute to breath on your own now. She'll be getting you your toothbrush in bed."

I laughed as Matt walked, with his arms still around me, behind me to the living room behind Dad and Zack "Matt, you can let go now." I laughed.

"I'm never letting you go." He said "I want to keep you in my arms forever, where nothing can ever hurt you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awes! So adorable... OK! Last one of the night, I'm beat tired and need sleeeeeeeep! I have to get up superduper early tomorrow (7 oh no!) LOL

good night!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb