Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

22

"Zaaack?" I walked down the hall and to the top of the stairs. I heard him answer from the kitchen, and made my way down. Matt hadn't answered his phone last night, so I decided to ask Zack if he knew what was up.

"Yah?" He asked again as I entered the kitchen.

"Do you know what's with Matt lately? He wouldn't stick around and stay with me yesterday, and he didn't answer his phone last night even though he told me to call him." I sat down at the table across from Zack. He shrugged "You know something I don't, so spill it Baker." I whacked his free arm, that wasn't bringing a coffee mug to his face. But I should have whacked that one...

"He's.." He paused and groaned "You two have too many problems, he'll tell you when he wants to or if he even needs to."

"Needs to? Of course he needs to. What is it?" I asked, getting worried. Zack shook his head and I poked his hand "Zack, tell me."

"No. I shouldn't have even said anything. Now you'll give him the third degree when he comes over." He sighed.

"Well if it's that bad, then tell me." I huffed "I should just go over the-"

"No." Zack cut me off "Don't. I'll tell you as long as you don't go over there." He stuck his pointer finger in my face. I shoved his hand away and nodded "He's... well. It's not entirely his fault, but Val..." He paused an my mind was speculating all the incredibly horrible possibilities "Val went over there the other night and told him she just wanted to talk. So uhm... they had drinks." He shrugged.

"And?" I asked, my heart wavering wether or not to break or stay intact. Matt wouldn't.. would he?

"Well she.. she's a bitch, and I'm sure he never meant anything. That's why he came over yesterday, but he felt too shitty to tell you-"

"Tell me what?" I asked loudly "Stop beating around the goddamn bush, Zack, and tell me! Did they sleep together? What? What the fuck is going on-"

"Yes!" Zack shouted annoyedly, like he was the one who was supposed to be upset.

Something twisted in my stomach and I couldn't help but suck in a deep breath. It was like someone punched me, hard, right in the center of my chest.

"Jackie? Are you ok? Jackie?" Zack moved and shook my shoulder, sitting next to me as he tried to figure out what was wrong "Jackie? Speak.. are you alright? I Didn't.. I wanted him to tell you but you.. You asked so much.." He sighed as I stood up "Please don't do anything hasty."

I shook my head and bit the inside of my cheek. Matt did it. "You warned me, Zack. I should have fucking listened.... I'm such a moron." I whispered and walked out, into something hard.

"Oh, hey. I was just looking for yo-"

I cut Matt's sentence off with a slap across the face. He stared at me for a second "Zack told me." I shook my head at him, crinkling my nose up "What the fuck were you thinking, Matt? I can't believe you." I hissed and walked past him, shoving his body out of the way. This time I succeeded in pushing him far enough over that he stumbled sideways. I tried to stay calm, and walked up the stairs, holding onto the railing. I felt like I was about to pass out, fall over, and I somehow wish I had. I wanted to fall down the stairs right now, maybe then I wouldn't have this baby. Maybe... no. What am I? A fucking moron? Just becuase Matt's an asshole, does not mean I'm risking this baby's life.

I walked into the study room and sat down on the swivling chair, resting my hands on my stomach as loud shouts erupted from downstairs. Yet another argument between Matt and Zack. I wished they'd just get over it already. Zack could still be protective without being an ass to his friends.

I sighed and turned around in the chair, spinning faster and faster with each decible their voices rose. Soon the entire room was a blur and I heard them getting closer. I stopped spinning and waited for the room to come to a halt. When it did, they were standing in the doorway, Zack's face red with anger, and Matt mixed between anger and embarasment.

"Yeah? Hi." I waved at them "Zack, do you know when Mom and Dad are coming home tonight?"

"Uhh..." he paused "Six."

"Thanks. I think I'm going to make dinner tonight." I stood up as they stared at me "What? Do you expect me to be angry about this?"

"Yeah.." Matt dragged the word out.

"Well good, 'cos I am."

"Are you gunna leave?" Zack asked.

I walked over and hugged his waist tight, letting him hug me back "No. You can't get rid of me this easily. I'm pissed, scorching angry, but I'm not going anywhere. Because I need my big brother to cry to tonight." I smirked as Zack kissed the top of my head.

"Good, 'cos I'll be waiting with ice cream and chocolate." He smiled as I pulled back.

"You are seriously the coolest brother ever." I smiled.

"Only because I have the coolest sister ever." He rolled his eyes as I playfully punched his arm "So... what are you going to do?"

"About what?" I asked. He pointed his thumb at Matt "What I should have done when you told me he was no good. Ignore him and act like he doesn't exist."

"But-"

"But what?" I turned quickly to Matt "You want me to forget you slept with the girl who called me all those names? A whore, slut, retard... shall I go on?" I smiled evilly "Just because I'm young, and having your baby, doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to go back to you right now. You aren't the only guy out there for me hun," I patted his shoulder as he gaped at me "And yeah, you just got burned, again, by a seventeen year old girl." I walked between them "Zack! Come on, we have to decide on what we're making for dinner for Mom and Dad!" I called behind me.

He laughed "More like burn."

"Shut up, I cook." I stuck my tongue out and walked down the stairs, trying to ignored the burning hole in my chest as Matt walked behind Zack and out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuck, Matt. WHAT. THE. FUCK. MATT? Anywho... I might update tonight again, I might not. I just started crying again, haha, this is so hard to believe, so I can't exactly clear my mind. All I can see is her face there, to peacefulll.... anywho! Hope you guys... liked... this? LOL. Don't worry, things get happy sooooooon!