Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

26

"The ring. Of. FIRE!!.... The ring of fire, the RING OF FIRE WHere's the ring of fire? You said you could do thi-.. THE RING OF FIRE!"

I laughed and picked my feet up off the floor, tucking them under me as I looked around the quiet house. Everyone was out for the night. Matt was out of town with family. Zack was out on a date the little bugger. Mom and Dad were on a business trip for the week. Mich, Brian, and everyone else had their own plans. And Nicole left a week ago.

That means school was supposed to start, right? Wrong. Apparently a private tutor sounded like a super cool plan to Mom and Dad... I wasn't complaining. I liked it. Four and a half months into the pregnancy, I felt pretty good. No sickness so far, and my stomach was only slightly bigger now.

The one thing I was most surprised about, was that it was my birthday, and no one was here. Don't get me wrong, I was a little depressed because they all forgot it, even Mom and Dad. But being alone, watching Finding Nemo was pretty cool too, right? I mean, eighteen is no twenty-one, wink wink. Ha.

Anyways... yeah. Big woop, eighteen. It was cool. So here I sat, watching a kids movie, alone, pregnant, on my eighteenth birthday. Shut up... if I keep thinking about it, I just might cry.

I laughed for a while more, until the movie ended. I clicked the remote off and got up, supporting my back with my hands as I looked around the deathly empty house. It felt almost weird. I was about to flick the lights on, when the phone began to ring. I bolted over and picked it up, my heart rate picking up from the surprise.

"Hello, Baker residents. Jaclyn speaking." I sat down on the couch after turning the lights on.

"Hey baby! It's Anne and Kevin." Anne's cheery voice broke the silent line. A smile spread over my face, they remembered.

"Hey! How are you guys??? It's been so long!" I smiled and laid flat on my back "What's up?"

"HAAPPYY BIRTHDAY!" They shouted "I can't believe you're eighteen and you aren't even here... we planned this day since we got you." Anne said sorrowfully "But, you're with your family. Your real family, and I bet you're having loads of fun."

"Guys," I laughed "You're my family, you know that. You won't ever not be my family. You raised me, you taught me everything I know. And... well yeah. Everyone's out for the night, Mom and Dad are gone for the week, but... I'm having fun."

"WHAT?!" Kevin asked loudly "Alone? On your eighteenth birthday??"

I laughed, he would care "Yeah, but it's fine-"

"Where's your boyfriend? Don't think we don't know. Nicole spilled everything to us, and congrats... I think." Anne mumbled "Is this a good thing?"

"Well... the pregnancy wasn't exactly planned, but we're working it out. And he's out of town with family. But that's ok, I'm serious. This is all cool, don't worry." I laughed "But I do have to go, I made a mess of the kitchen baking an impromtu cake and Zack's gunna be home soon. So I gotta clean... He'll flip a lid."

"Alright sweety, if you need anything, just call ok?" Anne asked.

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye bye darlin'." They said in unison and hung up.

I laughed and placed the phone on the end table, getting up to clean the kitchen. I made a chocolate cake with vanilla icing and sprinkles. It was nice... I was just hoping no one got too pissed. Whatever. It's my birthday huh? I can do whatever the fuck I want.. yeah.

I walked into the kitchen and started humming happy birhtday as I cleaned. I was partially done when the front door opened. I glanced at the clock, a cleaning rag in my hand. 10:30.

"Hello?" Zack called out as he walked towards the kitchen.

"I'm the kitchen!" I called out, wiping up the table.

"It smells like.... good... what'd you cook?" He walked through the doorway and looked around. I smiled as he saw the cake "Oh... fuck... SHIT.." His jaw dropped, eyes widened, and his hand smacked over his face "I feel like such a douche... Oh my God. I'm so sorry! We.. .I... Mom and Dad..." He paced around "Wow, we are a horrible family.."

"No!" I laughed and ran over, hugging him tight "You're the best family ever. It's fine!"

"NO! It's not! We missed your eighteenth birthday! So did Matt! Oh my god.." He groaned but hugged me back "We're making this up to yo-"

"It's fine!" I laughed and let go "Don't even worry about it. Kevin and Anne called and wished me a happy birthday." It was half out of spite and half because I thought he should know.

His facial expression changed from embarassed to pissed off "I can't believe we forgot this. This is... fucked up. Ok. Mom and Dad are coming home, we're going to have a giant party.." He grabbed the phone from the wall.

"Zack!" I laughed "Don't! Don't worry about it! We'll... we'll have a party this weekend or something, come on. Everyone has things to do tonight..." I watching with a smile as he hung up the phone and looked me over "How was your date?" I asked, smiling wide.

"It was... good." He shrugged "I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I'd known I was blowing off your birthday for it."

"SHUT UP!" I laughed "If you keep bringing it up, I swear I'll go cry baby on your ass so you'd better stop." I wiped at my eyes as they stung. It did hurt, but I'd get over it.

"Oh... Sis.." Zack sighed and pulled me into a hug "I'm sorry, I can't believe we forgot and there isn't even an excuse for it. We should have all been here having a party. The year we get you back and we forget such a big milestone." He sighed, rubbing my back as I cried into his chest "We'll have a giant party this weekend, I swear. There'll be so many peope you'll be lost."

"Oh, that sounds great." I rolled my eyes as I wiped my smudged makeup from my cheeks "Thanks... But I should get to bed." I subconsciously rubbed my stomach "I'm beat. Had a long night." I winked as Zack sighed "Don't worry about it. It's fine. I've had worse."

"Really?" Zack asked in an unbelieving tone.

"No, but that's fine. I'm going to sleep, so should you. I wanna hear all about this date before my tutor gets here tomorrow." I poked his stomach before walking out of the now clean kitchen "Don't. Touch. My. Cake!" I called behind me as Zack laughed "I'm a mother-to-be. I have eyes everywhere!" I laughed and ascended the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh burrrnnn lol. Hope it was good enough... it seemed incredibly filler to me :( Anyways.... I'll get another one up soon :) I'm trying!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb