Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

29

*Jackie's POV*

"Matt..." I groaned "Go away. I have this thing called studying to do. Or I'll fail, y'know?" I looked up at him as he kissed the top of my head "The door was shut for a reason."

"Sorry." He mumbled. It'd been a week since Halloween, and I was taking early-graduation finals next week. I needed to study and he wasn't exactly the best at giving me time alone to think "Can't you just-"

"No. And for the next question, no too." I looked up and closed my laptop "Matt, I need to get this shit right. If I fail, I'll have to take a whole 'nother year of school. If I can get these finals down, ace them all, and graduate early... I'll have more time to take care of the baby."

"And me?" Matt smiled.

"Yes, and you." I laughed and pushed at his arm "Now please.... You know I love you, but you have to leave me alone."

"But-" He paused, thinking of an excuse to stay and talk. He tried this every afternoon since Monday. Partially it was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen in my entire life, but on the other hand it was distracting and abnoxious.

"But but but? But what?" I huffed and turned around back to the desk, opening my laptop again "I need to study. These finals aren't going to like me.."

"Who cares if they like you? I like you... isn't that all that matters?" He asked, kissing the side of my face and wrapping his arms around my waiste. I grunted and shrugged him off. He stepped back, immediatly the tone of the air changed from playfull and alright, to tense and awkward "Fine, I'm going. God."

"Matt-"

I turned around just in time as the study door slammed shut. I huffed and turned back around, slamming my head against the desk. "Why why whyy?!" I groaned into my arms. Right now my education and health were on top of my list and Matt should have known that. He should know that. I need to graduate in order to get a job and help take care of our baby, I need to take care of the baby to give Matt time to work and be with the band.

He just didn't understand.

*Matt's POV*

"What'd she say?" Zack asked as I walked downstairs. I huffed, crossed my arms, and sat down on the couch "Ouch."

"She's studying." I rolled my eyes.

"She is studying." Zack laughed "She's been studying in all her free time since Friday night when her tutor told her she'd have early graduation finals next week."

"But can't she study when I'm not here?" I looked over, seeing Zack's expression made me feel selfish "Yeah yeah I know. I should want her to study all she can and get good grades and graduate early. I know."

"Yeah, you do? So why don't you show her that? Huh? You're just making her even more stressed, dude. She's stressed because of the baby, she's five months along and then there's finals. She has to get good grades or she has to repeat a year. Then there's finding a job... then there's you bugging her all the time." He stared at me "Get it?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and uncrossed my arms "I just... I've never been..."

"Ignored? In a situation where so much depends on how you act? Never been weighed down with so much responsibility? You're having a baby with an eighteen year old, Matt. I think this is a whole new ball-game for you." He laughed "I suggest you just leave her alone, maybe just text her once a night or something to tell her you wish her luck studying... Talk to her but keep distance or something. You remember how hard finals were." He shrugged.

"Finals sucked." I mumbled "I guess I can leave her alone. But..." I paused as Zack gave me a glare "I'll leave her alone for now. She knows my number if she wants me to come over." I stood up "I'm gone, stop worrying."

"Good, because I'm even stressed for her. And stress isnt' good for the baby, so for your baby's health, leave." Zack laughed and turned on the TV as I walked out the door.

My girlfriend was stressing over studying, taking finals exams, having our baby, making sure she's healthy and so is the baby, and a job after graduation. I was stressing over... Nothing, really. Just the fact in a few months I was going to be a dad, that was pretty much it. To me, her having all the stress didn't seem fair. I just wish I could take all that stress away from her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe, finals XP I hate them. I'll be taking mine soon (not early-grad though...) Stress sucks. Hope you liked it. Kinda filller... ok a ton of filler.

comments?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbbbb