Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

31

*Jackie's POV*

Matt stormed into the room and turned the lights on.

"What?" I asked, biting my teeth together as everyone looked between Matt and myself "Do you have something to say to me, Matthew? To my face?"

He stumbled over his words for a minute and when he opened his mouth, I could smell the beer on his breath "You're cheating on me." He slurred a little but stood strong.

"No." I shook my head "Are you?" I asked, I already knew the answer. He looked at me and scoffed "Matt, are you sleeping with Val?"

"No." He shook his head, Zack's grip tightened on my hand.

"Ok." I nodded, either he's lying or Zack lied to piss me off. "Are you drunk right now?" I asked calmly.

Matt glared at me "You have no right to judge me."

"I'm not." I smiled "I never judged you, Matt. I actually gave you a second chance." I let go of Zack's hand "I want you to leave, now. I want you to go home and sober up, then come back and talk to me like a civil adult, like you should be."

Matt scoffed "Yeah, and you're an adult?" He asked as I walked up to him "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I stopped "Now go. I don't want to yell at yo-"

"Yell at me?!" Matt shouted "Why do you have the right to yell at me?! Go ahead! Ream me out!" He shouted.

I bit the inside of my lip.

"Do it. Or are you too scared?" He asked "It won't hurt, I promise."

"You're a lying, cheating, stupid bastard. I'm ashamed to say I admitted I love you, I'm ashamed to be having your baby, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. I'm ashamed to have slept with someone as evil as you, Matt!" I shouted, remembering Zack's words not to cry, the only thing keeping the tears at bay "I have every right to yell at you. For all I know, you could have been out fucking Val all weekend, since Thursday night even. If that's the way you get back at a pregnant girl who can only do one thing and that's love you, then you deserve her. But I don't know who to believe, Zack, or you."

Matt turned his eyes to Zack and glared "You told her I was cheating?" He asked, his composure more steadied now.

"Well aren't you?" Zack asked.

"Of course not." Matt dropped his jaw "I learned my lesson, Zack. Why would you say that?"

Zack squirmed a little and moved back "I just... I.."

"Shut up, both of you!" I shouted "Matt, out!" I Pointed to the door "This is rediculous! You accused me of cheating?! ME?! Thanks, now get out. I think you've stressed me out enough for the day. Zack... Zack..." I shook my head and groaned "Get the fuck out of my room!" I shouted as the two left the room, Mom and Dad leaving too. I groaned and looked in the mirror. My hands moved to my stomach, over the bump, and rested ontop.

I felt the tears that I'd been holding back fall down my cheeks. I was having his baby, Matt's baby, and we couldn't get along more than a week without a problem arrising. I sat down on the bed and closed my eyes. He should be here right now, I shouldn't have been such a bitch Thursday.

I huffed and laid backwards, keeping my hands on my stomach. I let my mind wander. What if Matt and I didn't stay together? How were we going to work this out? It would seem to be easy, seeing as Matt and Zack are best friends and he'd always be around, but that was what was going to make it hard. I wouldn't want to see him with a new girl, possibly getting married. He should, as much as I don't want to say it, he should be with someone his own age. Someone who's ready to settle down. I'm not. I have.. I have a life. Not that he doesn't, he does. Matt... has a life ahead of him too, with the band. A baby would only stress him out and hold him back.

My heart ached as I thought of us trying to work this out. Was he going to stay faithfull? Or would Val keep popping up and causing problems? Was Zack telling me the truth or lying? That was the big thing right now. But... the other big thing was Matt and I. Where were we going, exactly?

I sighed. I needed to make the decision based on the baby first, then myself. Would Matt being around be the best enviroment for a newborn? For the child in general? Would he go on these random binges and come home and scare our baby? I didn't want that. I wanted our child to have a normal life.

I laughed a little at that. A normal life. It's dad was in a rock band. It's mother was underage when I concieved it. It's parents couldn't get along for shit.

What was the best way?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ut oh O_O