Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

3

*Jackie's POV*

The first two weeks were... well, what were the first two weeks with a newborn supposed to be like? I barely slept, Madeline always cried every two hours a night, she wouldn't stop eating, and she liked to grab and pull at things. Mainly my hair or earrings.

The third week we had her home, Sunday, and we were planning on having a small, close friends only, backyard party. But of course, Madeline decided to be a whiney little baby and not sleep at all. Matt was out at one of their shows until two AM, so he needed his sleep before the party. So I went to get Madeline every time she cried so he could sleep.

Eleven, one, two, four, five, six, eight, and finally nine when she woke up for good. I was exhausted, catching maybe thirty minutes of sleep by the time I got her back to sleep each time. I was walking down the hallway, Maddy in my arms, with my eyes halfway shut. She was cooing and tugging at my hair, and I couldn't care less. I sat down on the couch and turned the TV on, hearing Matt getting out of the shower upstairs.

I kicked my feet up and laid down, Maddy in the crook of my body on the couch beside me. I rested my head on a pillow and draped my arm around her, keeping her close so she wouldn't roll off. I closed my eyes, and didn't even noticed falling asleep.

But it seemed like seconds later, my eyes opened to empty arms. I sat up quickly and looked around, Madeline was gone. I stood up and ran around the room but couldn't find her. Then I heard something outside and looked at the clock.

"Fuck." I groaned. It was already four PM. I looked out the back door and everyone was here, Zack was holding Maddy, and Matt was cooking on the grill. I jumped back as the glass door slid open infront of me. Michelle smiled at me.

"Good afternoon sleeping beauty." She leaned against the door "I'm likin' the hair don't." She giggled.

"Sorry, I was up all night with Madeline I just-"

"It's fine," She laughed and gently guided me back into the house "It's fiiiine. Now go get ready, we're all ready to eat and junk. WE just wante you to be out there." She aimed me for the stairs and sent me on my way. I laughed and walked up them "Show off that post-baby work-out body!" She called up.

"Yeah, right!" I laughed. Michelle had put me through rigorous workouts the past three weeks, and by now, I was pretty much back to normal. My boobs were just still huge, duh.

I walked into my room and grabbed some clothes. A light green and white polka dotted cotton dress that came just below my knees, gathered at my natural waist, and looked mighty fine if I do say so myself. I bunched it up in my hands and made my way to the bathroom with my underwear and bra in hand. I took a nice hot shower, making sure to clean all the sleep off myself, and scrubbed my hair clean. I got out, dried off, fixed my hair up, and did my makeup. I straightened my hair and outlined my eyes in black liner. I put my dress on, threw my towell into the dirty basket, and made my way out the door. I found some green sandals and put them on before heading into the backyard.

I opened the door and a wave of smoke hit me. I coughed and walked out, looking around as everyone choked.

"What the fuck?" I asked as I neared Brian and Zack, the latter holding his niece, shielding her from the smoke.

"Jimmy was helping Matt start the grill, and when no one was watching, poured the entire container of lighter fluid on the coals..." Zack coughed and looked down at Madeline "I'll bring her inside and get her a bottle, I'll be right back." He got up and left. I rolled my eyes and walked over to where Matt was trying to, somehow with a gallon of water, extinguish the fire. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Oh hey!" He turned and smiled, clearly forgetting the mess behind him "You're awake... when did that happen? And you're dressed!" He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Yeah, I woke up a little while ago without my baby. ANd then Michelle told me to go get ready." I laughed "So now you're trying to burn down the entire neighborhood?" I asked, closing the lid of the grill "If no Oxygen gets inside it'll go out." I walked over to Jimmy and smacked the back of his head "No more lighter fluid."

"Ok." He smiled.

I turned around and bumped into Matt as his arms closed around me. I looked up at him and laughed as the smoke around the yard began to clear.

"This is gunna be a great party." I smirked as he kissed my nose.

"Yep."
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so so sos sooooooo sorry for going AWOL. I have this drama class and the past few weeks have been CRAZY because our performance is tonight and tomorrow, so it was crunch week. And the past week I had ZERO time whatsoever for anything that wasn't drama related. ASk my mom, NONE of my school work got done, and I'm so behind because of it. Ugh. LOL.

But summer's coming soon and I should have somewhat more time to write :) I feel bad for leaving this though :(

And I hate to say it, because I have a few more good story ideas, but as soon as all my active stories are finished, without me starting new ones, that'll be it for me :( Then I'm gone. NO more writing for me. Work is getting more serious, I'm starting to go more places with friends, and tehre just really isn't time for the computer any more. So yeah... sad sad because I love writing these, but I'm done. I'll finish these all up and then... good bye :(