Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

38

*Jackie's POV*

"I'm on a highway to hell!"

I glared at Zack as he reached for the volume dial, quieting his screaming/singing from the drivers seat "What?" He asked innocently.

"Highway to hell isn't exactly the most appropriate music for a three month old... especially at that volume.."

He rolled his eyes and looked back at Maddy "She likes it, you know it. She is you and Matt's kid." He laughed "She'll be doing devil horns before she learns how to walk, and middle fingers before her first wor...d...s..." He gapped his words as I stared at him "Ok, devil horns."

I laughed "As long as she isn't cursing, we can blame it on poor coordination." I looked into the backseat where Brian was oogling over Maddy, poking her nose, annoying her, and cooing at her. She was just amazed at this massive person infront of her "I can imagine what she's thinking "What the fuck is with this dude and drawing on himself? I mean really. What IS all that anyways? And why is his hair all screwed up? And what is WITH THE MAKEUP!? And seriously, act like a man you jackwagon."." I finished with a giggle as Brian stared at me "Seriously, Bri. She's probably thinking that right now."

"No doubt." Zack hid a laugh as Brian pretended to vent to Maddy.

"Don't talk about me behind my back, Bri, I'll knock your ass down." I crossed my arms.

"And Highway To Hell was bad." Zack laughed "I bet Maddy's gonna have a complex of her mom before she does music!" He laughed.

I smacked his arm and mumbled under my breath.

"Hey, where are we going anyways?" Brian asked as Maddy drifted off to sleep in her carseat.

"Apparently Matt pulled an all-nighter at the studio and needs to be picked up." I handed Maddy's pacifier to Brian so he could assist her when she woke up screaming for it.

Zack gave me a look, then looked at Brian "Jackie..."

"He did, dont' tell me otherwise." I mumbled and looked out my window, ignoing my cell phone ringing in my pocket. And ignoring the drunk message from Matt to pick him up at the studio at four this morning.

"He's just... stressed lately." Zack sighed and patted my hand "Believe me, he isn't usually like this."

I nodded "We talked about it yesterday morning. But then he goes out and does this." I took a deep breath and willed back the tears. Michelle and I had a good talk the first week Matt and I were engaged, and she pretty much gave me the run down. Matt had his boughts with drinking, apparently he went in and out of heavy drinking. I was just hoping a kid would stop that, but Mich and I talked last night when I got Matt's call, and she said to just let it go. I felt a tear slide down my face.

"We'll talk to him, Jackie." Brian leaned forwards and wrapped his hands gently over my shoulders "Don't worry about it kiddo." He massaged my shoulders and then leaned back "He won't fuck up just his life now, and he needs to understand that."

I laughed "You guys rock."

"And roll." Zack smirked and gave me a reassuring smile as we pulled into the studio parking lot. I took a deep breath as my eyes focused on the door that was opening, and the man who I barely recognized walking out.

"He looks like shit." I whispered "That's not my fiance." I looked at Zack and opened the car door, getting out and moving to the backdoor where I pulled Brian from the car.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked as I unhooked Maddy's carseat and removed her from the car.

"I don't want her exposed to that." I gestured towards an extremely hungover Matt.

"So what are you doing? Tying her to the roof?" Brian gave me an amused expression.

I glared at him "I'm fucking walking, Haner. You can take that home, I'm going home until he decised what he wants."

So I blew it out of proportion. Way out of the water. But really? A three month old doesn't need to be around a father who isn't even emotionally or mentally there.

"You can't just walk from LA to Huntington, Jackie." Zack got out of the car and began walking over.

"It's called a cab... or I can always call someone to pick me up." I hissed as Matt grew closer.

"What's going on?" He asked with a wince at the volume of his own voice.

"I'm not making my daughter endure her drunken dad for an entire car ride home." I turned and walked away from them all. Of couse I'd call someone to pick me up, I just never planned on who. So I called the first of our group in my list: Jimmy.

"Hello, Jimmy's house of horrors. How may I be of service Miss Vengeance?" He asked.

I cracked a smile "Hey Jimbo, can you do me a ginormous favor?" I asked.

"Anything, what's up?" He asked.

"I'm at the studio, long story," I felt water in my eyes as Matt protested against leaving without me. I glanced back in a nearby store window and saw Brian dragging him back towards and into the car "I need someone to pick me up and... I didn't want to call Michelle.."

"Do you want me to send Leana over?" He asked.

"I was hoping... you could pick me up?" I asked, my voice wavering "I think you'd understand better what's going on, cos you know Matt better." I said quietly as the car drove by. I held the handle of the carseat tighter in my hands as someone walked by.

"Oh." He whispered "Is he-? Oh yeah, Zack told me..." He paused "I'll be there in a sec, hang tight ok? You can wait inside the studio if you want... just tell them you're waiting for Jimmy."

"Ok, thanks JIm. You're the best ever."

"I know," He laughed "Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and walked over to the studio, gave Jim's name, and waited in the 'waitint' area thing for Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only because JaedeVendetta is awesome >:D MUAHAHA lol. Ok! last of the night (?maybes?) I need sleep haha.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz