Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

39

(Jackie's POV)

"So.... what'd he do?" Jimmy asked as we drove back to Huntington from the studio, Maddy was playing in her carseat in the back with some toy Zack had gotten her last week.

"Two nights... mornings, in a row he's come home smashed. Lie: Last night he stayed at the studio becuase he knows I don't want Madeline around that." I sighed and wiped at my eyes with my thumbs "I know I blew it out of proportion, but... I don't want Maddy growing up with a drunk dad. I want her to know her real dad, too."

"What'd Zack and Brian say about this?" Jimmy asked skeptically.

"Brian said they'd talk to him, but... I don't know if he'll listen. I hope he does, because I don't want to lose him y'know? I'm so happy with him, sober of course. But a few drinks doesn't hurt anything... I just don't know, Jim." I sighed and rested my head in my hands, breathing in the air coming from the window next to me.

"Well, I'll talk to him, Jackie. Because I know how much he loves you, he wouldn't have proposed if he didn't. And we don't want to lose you or Maddy now, cos y'know, we just got you." He smiled at me.

I couldn't help but laugh "Thanks Jim, I really appreciate it." I nodded and looked in the backseat where Maddy, with her Daddy's eyes and chin, was smiling forwards at me almost as if she was saying it'd be alright. I hoped so.

~*~*~

"Yay!" I smiled as Maddy, all three months of her, rolled over on her playmat. "You're such a smart girl, yeah, yeah you are." I laughed as I picked her up, cradling her in the crook of my criss-crossed legs as I sat on the floor with her in the study, igoring the numbers on the screen for the moment, the guys financial work that their manager sent over and asked me to work on. Fun fun...

Her deep brown eyes looked up at me and she tugged at my hair, she was too young to talk, to sit, to stand, or to even comprehend anything I really said. But she was a great baby... mostly.

She reached up and tugged at the neck of my tanktop, pulling it down "Ah!" I laughed and pulled it up "You just ate, babe." I tickled her toes and pressed my nose to her's. Crosseyed, our eyes locked. Her baby hands rested on my arms as some of my hair fell down around us.

I heard the study door open and soon someone cleared their throat behind me. I looked up from the hardwood floor and at Matt's faulted smile.

"Oh, hey. I didn't even hear you get home." I mumbled as Maddy pulled my arms gently. I looked down at her "Look who's home."

Her eyes moved the room, as if she actually knew what I meant, and landed on Matt's figure.

"Come on kiddo," I stood up with a small 'oof', and straightened my hair out from the mess in my face.

"Hey Mads." He smiled at her and then looked at me "Listen... we need to talk."

My heart sunk and my grip on Maddy loostened, but I tightened it quickly until the point that she began to squirm.

"Jaclyn." Matt looked nervous as I readjusted myself, Maddy on my hip.

"Yah, ok. Let me uh... bring her playmat down with us."

"We can talk right here... If it's easier." He shrugged.

"Who let you in?" I asked out of curiosity, I had Jimmy bring me home, not to Matt's this time. To my parents house.

"Zack did, he said you'd be up here..." He mumbled as I set Mady back to her playmat.

"Well, I am. So what's up?" I asked. He gave me a look "Ok, what can we talk about then?"

"What we're going to do about this... I'm not going to... give up my entire life now that we have a kid, I'll cut back, but I'm not going to stop having fun completely." He rambled out quickly, as if if he didn't get it out now it'd never come out again. He took a deep breath as I laughed "What?"

"I'm not asking you to stop having fun, or stop drinking for that matter, Matt. I just want you to stop coming home hammered, I mean it was twice, and the second you didn't even come home. But I just don't want Maddy's early memories of her dad to be drunken ones." I place my hand gently on his bare, thick, tattood arm, "If I was asking you to stop having fun, being who you are... I'd be asking for a whole different person, and I didn't fall in love with that other person. I just want... you to realize you have a daughter, and a fiance, and that you do need to think of consequences, babe."

"This is why I love you." Matt broke a smile out on his lips and picked me up, pressing his lips against mine roughly.

"Matt... Matt!" He stopped "Not infront of Madeline." I giggled as he kissed my nose.

"Ok, we're going back to my place. I haven't had you in so long... I miss you." He kissed my jaw.

"I'll see if someone ca-"

"I'll watch Maddy!" Zack ran into the room and slid to a stop on his knees next to Maddy on the floor. Her head jerked to the side and she immediatly smiled up at Zack "Hey best, only, most adorable neice." He poked her nose and looked up at us "So? Go... Be happy, ok? Cos you two fighting really fucks everything up."

I laughed and looked at Matt as he shook his head and laughed "My place?"

"Of course. Lemme just grab some stuff." I jumped from his arms and patted his chest before leaving the room.

"NOthing too much, because these are my plans for us tonight!" He shouted behind me and I laughed. Mentally refining my wardrobe ideas down to some cute pink lace undies and a matching pink lace bra. With a tank and shorts over it of course...
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY ENDING!!! HAHAHA thanks for the comments, they mean the world to me :) Seriously keeps my writing going :)

Soooo.,... you can guess where this is going haha. But it's kinda... well you'll just have to wait for the next chapter ;) which should be up soon :) Miss Murder just came on my playlist so it should be interesting haha.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz

Commet/Rate/Subscribe :):):):):)