Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

42

"I don't wanna go." I clung to Matt's shirt as he tried to shed my extra layer of human off of him "Pleeaaasssee don't make me go!" I whined like a baby.

"Seriously? What are you, two?" Zack grabbed and yanked me off of Matt's shirt, spun me around, and placed his hands on either side of my face and made me look at him "Go in there. Kick ass. Spill guts. That hour will be over before you know it. Then you get to see light again. You ready? Huh?! HUH?!" He asked.

"YEA!" I shouted as he patted my back "But it's only thera-"

"Miss Baker?" A man walked out of the office and looked at me. I was the only female in the room, considering it was only the three of us, Maddy was with Matt's parents.

I gave him a look over and Zack smacked my arm "Yes." I Smiled. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, the whole 'fresh out of college' look and hell, I was eighteen. Hormones were kinda rampid.

"Follow me." He smiled.

"Suive Moi." Zack poked my side as I moved. I laughed and shook my head.

"How old are we?" I asked as I followed Doctor Alex into his office. Sexy name, dude... Alejandro began playing on repeat in my mind.

"Please, take a seat." He gestured to a couch. I rolled my eyes, typical psych ward. But I sat down. He sat down on a swivel chair across from me, he saw me eyeing it and laughed "Wanna switch?"

"To fuck with the usual, yeah, that'd rock." I shot up and quickly took his seat as he took mine. I spun around, watching the bottoms of my jeans suck to my ankles even tighter. I was in ripped skinies and a tanktop, with Converse of course.

"So, Dr. Jenkins sent you over because she thinks you have-"

"Methyphobia." I nodded "The fear of alcohol, which, infact, I don't believe I do. I just have the fear of my fiance scarring our child."

"Okay." He scrawled onto a piece of paper "Let's do a little... quiz, to evaluate you before we begin. Sound good?" He asked.

"I'm eighteen, not eight." I rolled my eyes as I stopped spinning, the amused look on his face was priceless "Ok, I might be nine." I laughed.

"Word association. I say something, you tell me the first word, sound, or thought that comes to mind. Ok?"

"S'all cool." I nodded and began spinning again, slowly, so I could hear him clearly.

"Spider."

"Ew. Fuck. Shit. GET IT AWAY FROM ME!" I semi shouted.

"I said one thing." He laughed.

"It was all strung into a screaming sentence in my mind. Ask my brother, when I see a spider... it's pretty much ewfuckshitgetitawayfromme!!" I slurred it all together and he nodded.

"Chlorine."

"Yum."

His eyes widened "What?"

"It smells good." I laughed "Like a pool."

"Ok. Gasoline."

"Car."

"Let's go with favorable answers or unfavorable answers. Like the spiders answer was perfect, and so was the chlorine."

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Music."

I stopped and stared at him "I love it, if that's what you're looking for."

He smiled "Lady bugs."

"Adorable."

"Snakes."

"Fuck shit fuck."

There was a pause while he laughed "Dogs."

"Cuddly."

"The dark."

"Partial." I shrugged.

"How so?"

"Well... when Matt's with me, I don't mind it. When I'm alone, I freak." I laughed.

"Ok... death." He looked me in the eyes.

"Fine with it, but I don't love it."

"Germs?"

"Is this a phobia quiz?" I asked.

"How'd you guess?" He laughed.

"Germaphobe." I shrugged "So how'd I do?" I asked as he looked at his paper "Like any other normal person. When do you get really afraid of... alcohol?"

"I'm not afraid of it, frankly, I like it a lot. It's a good friend of mine sometimes, Mr. Daniels is a household name in my house. My best Bud is Weiser, and I hold the Guiness record in our house. Ok? The only time I'm afraid is when Matt get's waisted and comes back when Maddy's home, ok? I don't want her remembering her dad as a drunk!" I Shouted.

"Who's Maddy?" He looked up at me.

"My daughter, Matt's daughter." I shrugged.

"So Matt's.... your husband?" He asked "For records." He gestured to his papers.

"Fiance." I gritted my teeth "I want her to have an amazing childhood, not one where everything is fucked up, ok? Is there a phobia of wanting your kid to have everything in life?"

"No. It's perfectly normal... " He paused.

"He's twenty-one, if that's what you're getting at." I mumbled "Cool?"

He placed his clipboard down "I think you're just overreacting."

"Fuck you." I laughed and stood up, walking to the door as he stood also "I don't need this, we're doing fine, ok? That cool? Not everyone has problems. Jesus." I mumbled and tried opening the door but it wouldn't budge "What the fuck, dude? Is this locked or something?" I asked.

He moved closer and my heartbeat started faster, his hand brushed my hip and I pushed him back.

"What are you doing?! You creep!" I shouted, even though really, the thought of undressing him wasn't completely unappealing. But I had Matt, and that's all I ever wanted.

"Really? That guy out there?" He asked "You can do so much better, you have so much potential." He moved in again. My knees were getting weak and I knew I needed Matt in here now, or at least Zack, to get this guy away or I'd regret my entire life in five minutes.

"Yes, that guy out there. I can't do better, because he's the best there is. And creeps like yo-" His mouth pressed against mine. I kicked up and shoved him away, banging on the door like a mad woman "LET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" I Shouted and pounded agaisnt the locked door. Suddenly I heard Matt screaming and turned around as Dr. Alex was walking towards me, a needle in his hand "MATT!" I Shouted and banged on the door. He pressed a button on his watch and I heard a loud thud noise, and all noise from outside was shut out. The windows shut and metal plates covered them. My heart sunk into my stomach as he neared closer to me.

"You can either cooperate, or do this the hard way." He held the needle up.

I gulped and nodded "I'll cooperate, just let me the fuck out." I hissed.

"That's no cooperating, my dear." He smiled and placed the needle on a table. "Listen to me, and listen to me good." I nodded "You will do what I say, when I say it, and you'll live. I'll eventually let you out. Got it?"

"Yes." I nodded, afraid of what he'd do to me if I didn't. And ultimately, as long as I got out sometime, that was all I wanted. I knew I shouldn't have come in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh fuck! Hang tight guys :) not giving ANYTHING away!