Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

44

*Jackie's POV*

"There are fucking spider bites all over my fucking body." I hissed as Alex handed me clothes that looked a hundred sizes too big. "I need a shower." I glowered at him.

He looked me over, I could almost see pitty on his face. I had been in here, according to the clock on the wall, ten hours already. I got out of the fucking tourture chamber that the sick fuck locked me in, an hour or so ago.

"Fine. Come with me." He took my hand. I shook from his grasp and he let me walk behind him. WE walked down the hall towards the stairs. All the floors above us were blocked with a gate and locks. I looked them over as we walked down the steps, lighted like everything else, with flood lights. WE got two flights down and entered the hallway of a few offices. There was a room at the end with a shower, toilett, sink, and mirror in it. He handed me the clothes again, and a small baggy. "There's some things you might need in here." He mumbled and looked me dead in the eyes "I'm going back upstairs, when you're done, come back up. I'll come check on you in... two hours." He pointed to the black clock/radio on the sink and shut the door. There was a lock on the door, and I was surprised he et it shut. I waited, then locked the door slowly, not to be hasty and set him off.

I looked into the shower, it wasn't as gross and dirty as I would have thought. But then again, this was a clinic office. I turned the water onto warm and stood infront of the mirror. There were small bite marks and scratch marks on my forehead and chin from where the maniac spiders, what kind I have no idea, scraped away at my skin. I opened the baggy and found makeup, toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush and ties, and some soaps. I grabbed a generic soap bar and a cloth that was neatly hung next to the shower, and walked into the steamy hot water. I looked at the clock, it was two am, how time flew I had no idea. I had till four and then creepy would come get me.

I quickly cleaned up all the bites and scratches on my body, and washed my hair with some shampoo he left in the shower. I shut the water off and got out, wrapping myself and a fluffy towel on the rack also. I wiped the mirror off and decided to fix my makeup. Maybe if I looked good, he'd get what he wanted and let me go. As much as I couldn't bring myself to do that with someone other than Matt right about now, I'd do anything to get them all back. My family back.

I looked down at the shorts and t-shirt Alex left me with, and held them up to me in the mirror. Sometimes comfy is pretty... yah right. I looked at my bra from earier and sighed, it had spider parts in it and I didn't feel like wearing spidery parts. So I went without one. I let my hair hand wet down my back, but I brushed it out. I pulled on the shorts and rolled them up so they were short, since it was really hot in the room now from the shower. I tucked the shrit into the shorts and gathered my old things, and looked at the clock. Three-thirty. I unlocked the door and opened it, looking both ways down the hallway. There were lights everywhere, but it was still scary as fuck.

I walked to the end and tried opening the door, but it wouldn't budge. I yanked it but it was locked tight. This was the door we came through... I kept yanking and yanking, until I just fell to the floor from tiredness. I let tears fall down my cheeks.

"I'm so fucking tired! I want to go home!" I sobbed into my hands, the ones that were filled with spider covered clothes.

"What's going on down here?!" Alex shouted.

I looked up as he walked down the hall towards me, from another door. I mentally slapped myself for not thinking of the other end of the hallway.

He looked down at me, sitting in a ball on the floor, sobbing my eyes out "The door's locked, I'm tired, and I miss my Maddy!" I sobbed into my hands. Too tired to keep a volume check.

I felt something around me and was lifted off the ground "Come on, you can sleep upstairs." Alex whispered and carried me down the hallway. I sleepily, and childishly, wipe the tears off my face with a sigh.

"Well, I did actually look good before I started crying." I managed a small laugh as Alex looked down at me, when he wasn't being an asshole, he wasn't that creepy actually.

"You still look great." He smiled, I could see the fight not to lean down, and I was glad he was thinking. Hopefully he'd let me go.

We made it upstairs and he set me down on the couch "Get some sleep." He handed me a blanket.

"No, I wanna talk." I covered up and made some room on the couch.

"You look tired though."

"Either we talk, or do you have some type of movies? Because I don't really feel like sleeping." I patted the space next to me at talk.

"I don't have any movies, but... we can talk." He shrugged and sat down "Do you want something to drink? Eat?"

As if on cue my stomach grumbled "I'lll wait till morning." I laughed "Water would be great though."

"Ok, I'll be right back." He nodded and got up, walked out the door, and I heard a door open down the hall.

I started looking around the room, not for a way out, because for a minute it actually slipped my mind that I was in hostage mode. I noticed a bookshelf and got up, wrapping the blanket around my shoulders as I walked over and looked at the books. He had a few good ones, but then I came across some CD's. I laughed. He actually had good taste in music.

"I remember you saying you liked music."

I almost jumped out of my skin as Alex placed the water bottle infront of me. My hand flew over my chest and I screamed.

"Jeesh!" I laughed "You scared the shit outta me, dude." I laughed and took in the amused look on his face "Sorry for yelling."

"Sorry for scaring you." He laughed "WHat kind of music do you listen to?" He asked as I flicked through some of his CD's.

"Well, Green Day is a personal favorite." I pulled out Dookie "Do you have a CD player?" I asked.

He nodded and pushed a book in the wall, spinning the shelf around to a home theater system.

"I want the number of your contractor to re-do my house." I laughed, but stopped when I realized that there was a slight chance of never seeing my own house again. But I was trying to stay positive, I would. I'd see it again... I'd sleep in my own bed again. I'd see Matt's face again, I'd see those dimples show up as a smile took over his gorgeous lips. I'd see those brown eyes light up when Maddy kicked and giggled, I'd watch Zack toss his neice in the air and catch her back down again. I'd watch my baby girl grow up, I'd watch the guys go on tour, I'd be at their shows. I's feel Matt's arms around me again, taste his mouth again, feel the warmth of his body against mine-

"Jaclyn!"

I opened my eyes and noticed Alex staring at me. I put my hands up to my face and noticed tears were streaming down my cheeks, I wiped them away and shook my head.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I glared up at him "What do you think?" I took the water and walked back to the couch "Sleep sounds good right now." I huffed and laid down, covering myself with the blanket that I could only dream was Matt's warm skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe, fuck :(