Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

45

*Matt's POV*

"Where's Maddy?" I asked Zack's mom as she sat with me, drinking coffee, at two Pm two days later.

"With Jimmy and Leana. They offered to watch her until we got back." She said softly. How she was holding up while her daughter was inside the damn building for exactly two days now was beyond me. If Maddy was in there... I'd be flipping a shit and trying to blow up walls to get to her.

"Oh, ok."

"She's a fighter." She put her hand on my shoulder "I bet she has that fucker dead in there, and she just can't find a key to the door." She somewhat laughed "I could see that."

"Yeah. Everything's set but, oh fuck, where's the key?" I let out a laugh "Like when we left her at the house when she was in labor. Like, ok we have the luggage, the carseat for the baby to come home, we have the car, the keys... where's Jackie?!" I laughed as I remembered that day. She was so calm it was funny to look back on.

A cop walked over and sat down next to me "So we broke through the first two doors."

"Really?" I asked at the same time as Mrs. Baker.

"Yeah, they just cracked the second. Apparently the farther in, the weaker the doors." He smiled "We're shooting to be on the fourth floor by Friday."

"FRIDAY?!" WE shouted "That's in six days!" I shouted "That's way too long!"

"Well there's a lot of doors, and a lot of stairways that I can bet are blocked." He sighed "We're working on it."

I sighed, I hadn't heard her screaming again, and it was making me worried and relieved. Maybe she was dead, which was worrying me, and maybe she was actually fine and the guy was actually dead. I was hoping she just misplaced the key....

~*~*~

*Jackie's POV*


I woke up around ten to Alex watching the news on his computer. I sighed. Breaking story? Oh, wait, the fact there's a girls been stuck in a building with a psychopathic man in Los Angeles for two days. I Sighed and pulled the blanket over my head, groaning "Shut that shit off, Alex. Jeesum crow."

"There's nothing else on." He droned as I heard the volume go down "Unless you feel like watching baby shows." He muttered.

"No, I feel like watching my baby girl, thank you very much." I muttered "I want food."

"Demanding, aren't we?" He asked.

"I fucked a guy after knowing him for less than a month, ok? I get comfortable fast." I mumbled, but soon felt something pressing on my body. I moved the blanket and Alex was ontop of me.

"Really?" He asked "Can I make a deal with you? Because you haven't been bitching to me?" My heart started beating faster, maybe he was going to let me out, maybe he wa- "No fighting back, we fool around, and I'll let you out of here tonight." He ran his finger down my cheek, making me shiver. I didn't jump at the chance to get out, which I think surprised him. I was actually thinking of what Matt would say to that. Would he tell me to just do it? Or stick it out and see if I live to another chance? "Are you going to agree, or not?" He asked, I could see the sincerety in his eyes though.

"I... I don't know..." I paused. It had been two days. I wanted to get out of this hell hole. Two days was the fuck enough for me, thinking of seeing Matt again... "Yes." Before I could censor what came out of my mouth, Alex's hands were all over me. He said no fighting back, so, instead, I just let the tears go. And he didn't exactly seem to care.

~*~*~*~

"Here." Alex reached towards me, I shrugged away and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I said no fi-"

"You got what you wanted, now let me go." I said as calm as possible as we stood at the top of the stairs. I was showered, thankfully he let me have at least that somewhat cleanness, and back in my jeans and tanktop, spidergutsy albeit, but comfortable and cleaner than the clothes I had on when Alex.... yeah.

"Come on." He made me walk down the stairs first, a gun to my temple "I won't shoot you." He whispered as we reached another level "I promise. As long as you promise to do something for me."

"I already did the biggest thing for you I could ever do." I hissed.

"Will you visit me in jail? At least once?" He asked innocently. He sounded so... pathetic.

"Once." I mumbled and turned "Don't you dare," I pointed to the gun "Hurt anyone out there. Or so help me GOD I will tear you limb from limb." I glared at him.

"Deal." He nodded as we reached the last floor before we had to take a hallway to the next stairs. "I'll give up to the cops as soon as we're out." He looked down at the floor as I lead the way to the doors.

I could hear people outside, and noticed they'd knocked a few walls down already. I heard sirens, and looked at Alex "I guess you've been a good.... capturer." I shrugged "Other than the spiders. That was fucked up."

"I didn't think you'd be so open." He muttered "But... yah. Nice knowing ya?"

"No, not really." I laughed and opened the doors, my eyes stung by the sunlight as I backed away slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAT?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Another one coming, then I'm passing out!!