Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

46

I opened my eyes no matter how bright the light was, and pushed myself onto the pavement. I opened my mouth as my eyes scanned the crowds who didn't even seem to notice we were here, until the one thing that had been on my lips since I was inside, finally appeared.

"MATT!" I shouted.

His head snapped up towards me, and his eyes widened. I clung to my Converse in my hand and ran over, my feet cutting on the bottom from the amount of rocks and gravel and broken glass on the ground. He stood up and had his arms open by the time I got to him, and leapt into his secure embrace.

"Holy fucking a..." He whispered into my hair, holding me tighter and tighter, but not crushing me. I wouldn't have complained anyways. Soon I felt like I was being crushed and noticed more people were hugging me. I squirmed back and looked at Zack, Mom, Dad, and Matt. I smiled then suddenly heard a loud noise. I looked back to the doors as Alex's body fell to the ground. The gun in his hands smoking as it landed on the pavement.

Matt pulled me back and covered my eyes, but not before I could see the pieces of skull on the ground.

"I can't believe... I can't... Oh my god." Matt held me tight and kissed my head, I could feel his tears soaking into my hair.

"Miss Baker?"

I looked up at a cop, with a few EMT's next to him "We need to have a few words with you, and have you checked up."

I nodded and held Matt's hand tightly, Zack's in the other, as Mom kept crying, and Dad holding her close. I looked up at Matt, and felt the urge to tell him what happened rising in my stomach.

Before I could get the words out to him in private, or at least as private as our walk to the ambulance was, I was sitting on a gurney being poked and prodded by medics.

"What exactly happened?" The cop asked.

"Well... he uhm... wasn't as mean and torturous as I anticipated." I mumbled as the medics looked at the bites on my arms.

"Are these... spider bites?" The woman looked up at me and asked.

"Yeah, he uhm... there's a closet up there," I Pointed to the fourth floor "With spiders in it. He locked me in it and I was in there for like... nine hours." I shifted in my seat as they inspected my eyes, nose, and mouth.

"What else happened? We need to know everything..." The cop handed me a box of tissues as a tear rolled over my eyelid and down my cheek, resting on my chin. Matt beat me to it as he gently wiped it away with his thumb. I dropped the tissue to the floor and stood up, wrapping my arms around him as more fell from my eyes.

"Matt, oh my god! I'm so sorry! Matt, I.. He... I wanted to get out of there so fucking badly, he said he'd let me go. So... I did... And I'm so sorry!" I sobbed into his chest, he felt so tired, to the touch even, that I wanted to just lie down on the ground with him and sleep for days.

"What'd he do to you, Jaclyn?" Matt stepped back from me and asked.

"He said if we... if I let him..." I shiverred and Matt nodded that he understood what I meant "That he'd let me go, and that was... this morning." I paused and cringed a little "I said yeah and... well... I wanted to be out so bad, Matt! I'm sorry, I know I should have waited, but.. I didn't know when he'd give me another chance, if ever.. and I wanted to be out of there, oh my god it was so creepy! Matt I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me.." I sobbed into my hands now that his body had left mine. He pulled me back though, and roughly kissed the top of my head over and over again.

"I'm not mad at you, Jackie. I'm pissed that he even made that an option, the sick fuck. I'm just glad you're alive, and here, back where you belong. He'll never hurt you again." Matt whispered into my hair, holding me close as the medics and cops walked away to go into the building and do their investigation thing.

I looked up at Matt, then Zack "Where's Maddy?" I asked "Where's my baby?"

"Jim and Leana took her for the day, so Mom and Dad could be down here. She's doing fine." Zack pulled me into a hug, holding on tight "I never want to lose you again.... We're never letting you out of our sights again." He laughed and squeezed me tight.

"Can't... breathe..." I laughed as he let go "Thanks bro and.... God, I love you guys." I Sighed and hugged him close. I looked up at Matt as he smiled at me.

"I'm just glad you're safe, and back... and here." He whispered to me, kissing my cheek as Zack loostened his grip on me.

"I have to call Bri-"

"What news station ISN'T covering this! Thanks for calling, assholes!"

I turned at the familiar voices and bumped into Brian's chest as his arms clamped around me, Michelle on the other side.

"OH my god, are you ok? Did he hurt you? What happened?" Mich drilled questions.

"I'll tell you later." I whispered to her then gestured to the guys "Not right now."

"Does Matt know?" SHe asked, pretty much on the same page already.

"Yeah." I nodded as Matt hugged me from the back "I love you Matt."

"I love you more than my own life, babe. I could never stop." He kissed my neck "You need to stop worrying."

I smiled and looked up at him, wondering what exactly I had to do for legal stuff that'd keep me away even longer now....
♠ ♠ ♠
I know two days wasn't a ton, but I wasn't going to wait till tomorrow night to finish this, because then the idea wouldn't be fresh and good in my mind and it'd have been sloppy...er than this lol.

Ok, going to bed *Yawn* so beat from like no sleep the past few nights lol.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Jbiz
comment/rate/subscribe? :) :) :)