Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

49

*Jackies' POV*

It felt good to be home, back to normal... or what was normal for us, anyways. Zack was his normal... weird self. Matt was a child, Brian and Michelle were... Brian and Michelle.

"And you'd think I was the eighteen year old." I laughed as Zack screamed at someone on his phone. Maddy cuddled into my arms and whimpered "I know, baby. I'll have Daddy kick his a-... butt when he gets home."

"Where is Matt, anyways?" I looked up at Zack as he walked over, closing his cell phone and shoving it into his pockets.

"Well!" He smiled and picked Maddy up off my lap, spinning her around with him as she giggled "He's off making plans, with our manager." He poked Maddy's nose "We're going on tour." He wiggled his eyebrows "Headlining a tour."

"Seriously?" I asked, was he forgetting ONE or two important things "What about Matt and I's wedding? Or... hm... His kid?" I asked as Zack stopped spinning and looked at Maddy.

"Who said you two weren't coming?" He asked me with a smile.

"You guys wouldn't last with a baby on tour, and plus, Mom and Dad wouldn't approve of me taking Maddy all over the country."

"Country? Sis, we're talkin' world tour." He sat down and bounced Maddy on his knee, making the marquee sign with his free hand, you know, the my name in lights thing. Yeah.

"World?" I asked.

I couldn't even get the rest of my thought out as the front door swung open and Matt, Jimmy, Johnny, Brian, and Michelle bounded in.

"Bring the zoo home, Matt? You're so kind." I rolled my eyes as he kissed my forehead and sat down next to me.

"Zack, did you tell her?" Matt asked excitedly as Michelle pulled me off the couch and began dancing.

"Yes and uhm... she's less than thrilled."

Everyone stopped partying and stared at me.

"Why?" Jimmy asked as he danced around with Maddy.

I shook Michelle's hands off mine and shrugged with a head-shake "I dunno.. I mean, I'm not not happy. I'm just... skeptical."

"Of...?" Brian asked.

Matt stood up and walked over to me "This won't have any effect on us." He held my hands and looked into my eyes.

"How do you know?" I asked, glancing over to Zack as he took Maddy from Jim "How do you know that... that nothing bad will happen?"

"I don't." Matt answered honestly "I don't know that."

A forced smile appeared on my lips as I leaned up and kissed him "I'm happy for you, babe. I really am."

Everyone cheered, and Zack announced he was going to get some beer from the garage. I gave Matt a kiss on the cheek and took Maddy from Brian. "She's tired, I better go put her down for a nap."

"I'll come with yo-"

"No." I cut Matt off "Celebrate, have a beer for me." I laughed and flashed a smile before walking up the stairs.

I walked into Maddy's room and shut the door, letting the tears fall. Why I was so insecure about him leaving was beyond me. Maybe I didn't want him around beautiful girls his own age? I didn't want him to go off with some chick and leave Maddy and myself. I know I was acting stupid, but there was nothing in stone in life. Marriages could be voided. Rings could be thrown away, given back. Promises could be broken, and we were only human. We were far from perfect.

I cradled Maddy in my arms and began rocking her to sleep. She looked so tired as her small brown eyes fluttered shut. Her small mouth parted as she yawned, rubbing her face with her fists.

She cooed and snuggled into my arms as she drifted off to sleep "Sleep tight baby girl, you don't have to worry about a thing." I whispered and kissed her paperthin skin on her cheeks as I laid her down in her crib. I put on her small music box and sat down in the gliding rocking chair. I kicked my knees up to my chest and rested my head on the tops of them. I listened to the music as I wiped my eyes, thinking of how stupid I was being. Matt said he loved me.. But then there was the demon in the back of my mind telling me that he was only human, just like me, and could easily change his mind.

I fely something in my pocket vibrate and pulled out my cell phone.

Text from: Zacky

What's the matter?


I looked up to the door as he stood there, frowing at me. I couldn't help but laugh a little as he leaned against the door. I wiped my eyes and forced a smile.

"Nothing." I whispered as he walked in, sitting on the floor infront of me, silently scanning my face for the flawed emotions that were so plainly laid out in the open. Worry, doubt, sadness..

"That's a lie." He took my hands in his as I scooted down to his level "Why are you so worried about this?"

It couldn't hurt to tell him, right? I mean.. he was my brother. He was there for me through everything with Matt so far. Why not let him in now?

"I just don't want him finding someone else." I whispered, my voice betraying my words earlier, coming out so unstable, so vulnerable "I'm afraid that he'll come back different, not my Matt anymore... not the Matt who wants to get married." I looked up at Zack with tears in my eyes "I'm just afraid... he has all these girls wanting him, who'd do anything for him.. Gorgeous girls all over the place that he can get with and decide that he doesn't want this anymore, that he doesn't want me or Maddy.." I wiped at my eyes.

"Jackie..." Zack sighed "You know better than that. And the only reason they want him is because he's famous. And he doesn't want that. He wants to love someone, and to be loved back. It's what everyone wants. And he knows you love him, and he loves you back. Do you really think he'd trade that for the world?"

"I don't know, that's why I'm so worried. I mean... it's not like you guys are the most sober group out there." I paused as Zack sighed "I know I should trust you guys, and I do, Zack, I really do.... I just worry."

"Well... you shouldn't." Zack smiled at me "We'll keep him in line. Anything we see, we'll kick his ass." He pulled me into a hug "I promise you sis."

"Thanks." I smiled and hugged him back.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long :( My internet was down for two days, and I've been super busy lately. School might actually not be a good thing for my writing this year. Usually I get loads more done DURING school than summer. But since I'm taking extra classes at the Vocational school, I'm gunna be swamped D= but I promise I won't leave this again for months until it's finished! Then I'm done lol.

hope you liked it, more to come tonight! BUTT LOADS!!! ;D LOL

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz