Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

5

*Zack's POV*

By the time Mom and Dad got home, Jackie had been bombarded with music, questions, and more music. Matt was dead set on converting her into a metal fan before the end of the week. I was somewhat scared now, I didn't want her to seem overwhelmed or anything.

"Is she here?! Where is she?!" Mom asked as she bombed through the door, taking Jackie off guard. She jumped off the couch and screamed, falling over the arm of the couch and onto the floor. I elbowed Brian as he began to laugh, and watching as Mom covered her mouth. "SHE'S HERE!" She screeched through her fingers.

Jackie recovered, kneeling somewhat behind the couch, peeking out the side. She wiped her hair from her eyes and got up, smiling shyly "Mom?... Dad?" She asked.

"Oh my god.." Mom smiled and ran over, pullin her into a bone crushing hug. The amount of tears was insane, I couldn't even keep mine in. I noticed Michelle had started crying, which domino effected into all of us.

"Mom." Jackie smiled and hugged her back "Mom..."

"Well I helped." Dad smirked and opened his arms, walking over and joining their love-fest.

"Zachary James Baker get your ass over here, now." Mom called from amidst the hug. I rolled my eyes and got up, walking over.

"I spent the day with her." I shrugged as Dad pulled me over.

"Doesn't matter." Mom mumbled as she started swaying us around "This is.... Oh I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Don't apologize... Mom.." Jackie whispered "It's fine."

"Do you hate us? Me?" We all pulled away and Mom stared at Jackie.

"Of course not." Jackie laughed and took Mom by the shoulders, staring her in the eyes "I love you for what you did. I understand what you did. I'm just happy I get to meet you.."

"I just... couldn't handle another child. Zack was three, running around everywhere, Dad and I were working a lot and I didn't want to chance not having enough... time and being a horrible parent." She wiped her eyes and Jackie shook her head.

"I understand. Don't apologize, Mom." She whispered and pulled me over by the arm, "I know what you mean, you must have had your hands full with this thing." She smirked as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Thanks." I laughed as Mom rolled her eyes and Dad said something about going to start dinner.

"Anyways! So you've met everyone? All Zack's friends?" Mom asked Jackie as she looked around "I hope they were all on their best behavior?"

"Yes Mrs. Baker." Jimmy saluted "But Matt was an asshole."

"LANGUAGE!" Mom laughed "Are you kids staying for dinner?"

"Mom.." I groaned as Jackie snickered "We're not kids. We're over twenty."

"Not you, mister." Mom poked my arm "Just twenty. Now deal with it and stop complaining. Well I'm going to go help Dad make dinner... we'll call you all in when it's done."

"Thank you Mrs. Baker!" Michelle smiled and pulled Jackie back down next to her "You'll love her cooking, she's amazing."

"That's where it's from..." Jackie looked down and nodded "Ok."

"What?" Brian laughed "Dude, I think your sister is crazy.."

"No no," Jackie laughed a little "I like cooking, but neither Anne nor Kevil could boil water without burning."

"Burn water? That's... impossible." Johnny scratched his head.

"Exactly." Jackie giggled "Anyways...."

~*~*~

*Jackie's POV*

Afrter dinner, Zack, Matt, and Jimmy showed me up to the room that would be mine. Brian, Michelle, and Johnny all had to leave. No one asked Mich and Brian why, no one wanted to find out. Johnny had to go to work. Legit excuse. I followed behind Zack as he opened a door and walked in.

"This is it." He smiled. I stared around at the room, it was gigantic "Like it?"

My jaw hung open and I looked around wide eyed. I dropped one of my four suitcases on the floor and watched as the guys brought the others in "Like? Zack this... this... this is the biggest bedroom I've ever seen!" I walked over to the bed and flopped down "This bed is like... a giant puffy cloud... what is this thing made of? Like... marshmallows?" I asked and flipped over, burrying my face into a cushy pillow. I felt the bed sink and popped up "Sorry, lost in the fluff." I giggled at the expression on Zack's face "Wha?"

"Nothin'." He laughed "I have a siiissteerrrr..." He sang and smiled, looking around "This is gunna be weird."

"What?" I asked.

"Having a girl other than Mom around the house."

"We can even fight over the bathroom." I smirked and nudged his shoulder "I might be fighting you over it though.... There could possibly be more eyeliner on your face than mine." I stared at him "What's with that? Dude... are you gay? DO I HAVE A GAY BROTHER?!" I asked loud and backed away in mock fear. Apparently it was funny, because it sent Matt and Jimmy to the floor laughing. I watched until they recovered and stood up, Zack was just staring at them, then me, then back.

"OH thanks, that was real mature." Zack rolled his eyes.

"Who me?" I asked "Oh them. Yah, don't laugh. It's fine, Zack. Don't be afraid of your sexuality... have you told Mom and Dad yet?"

"He's not gay." Matt said through a laugh "He just thinks eyeliner's a good idea."

"It's not." I laughed and laid down flat on my back "The only way you can get away with eyeliner is if: you're in a band; you're goth; you're a model; or you're in a movie." I held myself up on my elbows and smiled at them "Your excuse, oh brother, isss?" I asked.

"Band." He smiled, I nodded "No really, we're in a band."

"Yeah, sure. And I'm Beyonce." I rolled my eyes and turned back over, burrying my face into the blankets "Just because I can shake my ass, doesn't make me an R and B singer." I peeked up at the guys. I don't think it was intended, but I caught Matt staring at my ass as I shook it with the sentence. I laughed a little, men.

"We are, though." Jimmy smiled "I play drums, Matt here sings, Zack plays rhythm guitar, Brian's lead guitar, and Johnny plays bass." He nodded at the end.

"Wowza, and I didn't know this... well actually, I didn't even know I had a brother until a week ago so.... I wouldn't really know you're in a band, now would I? So is it like... serious? Or just for fun?" I asked. The smiles around the room were hard to read.

"We played Warped Tour last summer." Matt smiled proudly "And we're releasing our second album this winter."

"DUDE FOR SERIOUS WHAT?!" I sat up and smiled "OH MY GOD! My life... can't get any better... My parents live in a mansion, my brothers in a band, my bed is like a cloud, and I live in CALIFORNIA!!!" I smiled "This... is a dream come true."

"Really?" Zack asked "This is normal..."

"Well, not for me. The small town girl who never knew she was adopted. This... this is Heaven." I smiled and looked around the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long, I didn't realize how exhausting this week was going to be. I know excuses excuses. but... it was. I had acheivment testing all day monday, drama all day tuesady, more tests yesterday, and now drama all day today. Oh, and my friends and I were brilliant and after testing we went on an hour and a half long walk in the scorchign sun... GENIOUSES! Ugh. my legs kill.

ANYWHO! I hope you liked this, it was extremely fillery, but the next one should rock ;D