Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

51

*Jackie's POV*

"Can you watch Maddy for me?" I asked Zack as I walked down the stairs, dressed in skinny jeans and a tank top "I'm gunna go over Matt's... he isn't answering his cell phone, and I want to talk to him about this whole mess." I mumbled.

"Isn't she sleeping?" Zack asked with a smirk.

I looked to the ceiling "Yah."

"Yeah, I guess I can watch the soundly sleeping baby." He laughed and looked up at me as I walked to the door "Don't go to sleep angry." He winked and stood up, pulling me into a hug "Call me if he gets out of hand, or you two start fighting... But it's just tour, you really shouldn't." He shrugged as I grabbed my raincoat "Why? He pointed to it.

I opened the front door and revealed the pouring rain "It started about an hour ago." I laughed and pulled on my purple rain coat on "But it's warm.. yah, I'll see you later." I smiled and walked out the door to my car. I got in and started the engine up, calling Matt's house once more before I left just in case he would answer and I didn't have to go check on him. It rang and hit the answering machine where I hung up and began driving down the road.

Matt lived no more than ten minutes from my place, and I pulled into the driveway, noticing the kitchen lights on. Either he left the lights on and went out, or he was ignoring me... or he forgot to shut them before bed. Or he fell asleep on the couch. I took my car keys and cell phone in my pocket and walked up to the door. I knocked and got no answer, I looked back in the driveway, my eyes brushing over his black SUV beside mine. He was home, his car was here. I shrugged and got my keychain out, sing the spare key he gave me to open to door.

"Matt?" I called out softly, just incase he was asleep. I flicked the living room lights on, my heart jumping as soon as the lights turned on. I was always expecting to see a dead person from all the damned horror movies I watched. I shrugged off my jacket and hung it up in the closet, taking my cell phone and keys, stuffing them in my jeans.

I laughed to myself and walked to the kitchen, noticing a bottle of Jack Daniels on the counter. I sighed and put the glasses in the sink, why one person needed two glasses was beyond me. I shut the lights and walked to the hallway, where I noticed a thud noise come from Matt's room. I squinted and looked down the hall "Matt?" I asked again. Was he awake?

I walked down the hall and to the familiar door of his room. I opened the door and heard rustling "Matt? Are you awake?" I asked quietly, rubbing my hand on the wall for the lightswitch. The lights flashed on, and my heart jumped in reaction again. But this time I wished it was a dead body.

"What the fu-... Jackie." Matt's eyes met mine as I tried to block out what was infront of me.

I felt tears well in my eyes and quickly blurred the image of Matt and Val in the middle of sex on his bed. The bed where we slept together. "I... I'm sorry.." I whispered and shut the door, hearing Matt cursing and Val whining behind the door. There was a crash and the door opened.

Val was shouting at Matt, and he soon appeared next to me as I leaned against the wall, not exactly sure of what I was going to do.

"Jackie, I'm sorry... I.. I'm.." He stammered for words, and I could tell he was drunk. I closed my eyes and turned, walking down the hall "Jackie, wait! I can explain!"

I bit my lips, keeping my mouth shut as Val stayed in the room. I walked down the stairs, Matt in his boxers behind me, trying to get words to make sentences to attempt an apology. I walked into the kitchen and he turned the lights on behind us.

I stopped, turned, and bumped into his chest. The feeling of his skin burnt mine, and not with lust, with that disgusting feeling of... ew.

"I don't..." I paused, held my mouth with my hand, supressed a sob, and looked up at him, not able to make eye contact "I don't even know what the fuck to tell you right now." I pulled out my cell phone.

"Who... who are you calling?" Matt asked, slurring his words slightly.

The phone rang twice "My fucking brother!" I shouted at Matt, taking the Jack Daniels bottle from the table and smashing it onto the floor "You're such a fucking drunk bastard, Matt!" I shouted as Zack picked up.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked.

"Can you come pick me up? Bring someone to drive my car home... oh, and don't bring Madeline." I hung up the phone and turned to Matt "I don't even believe you had a reason right now, Matt. Excuses aren't going to save your ass, and neither will apologies."

He looked me in the eyes, "What will?" He asked.

"God." I laughed "That's the only fucking thing on your side, Ma-.. no, never mind. He isn't even on your side. Not a cheating, lying, son-of-a-bitch like you." I hissed and pushed past him, making sure not to let my skin linger on his too long. When I entered the den, Val was coming down the stairs "And you-" I looked at her, shaking my head. I turned back to Matt, ripping the ring off my finger and throwing it at him "You can have that, and kiss ever seeing Maddy again goodbye!" I screamed, my voice cracking as I saw headlights pull into the driveway. I walked outside, into the pouring rain, as Zack bolted out of his car. Brian behind him.

"What's going on?" Zack asked as he stood next to me. I burried my face in his chest as Matt walked outside, still in nothing but his, backwards, boxers.

"Dude, I swear-"

"What did you do, Matt?" Zack asked as Brian took my car keys from my pocket, standing next to me and taking my hand.

"I didn't mean to... It just... We had a few drinks and.. we were celebrating. She was the only person who would celebrate this with me." He answered, and I knew I had been right about this tour being a problem.

"Who?" Zack asked firmly.

Matt stood firm on the doorstep, his face giving every word away that wouldn't come from his mouth. Zack grabbed my hand and held it firm, then he looked down, back up at me, and down again "Where'd..." He paused and shook his head "Matt, you fucked up."

I moved from Zack and Brian's grasps and backwards "Can we please just go? I think... I think I'm going to be sick." I whispered and ran over to the bushes, emptying my stomach into them. Brian was at my side in an instant, holding my hair back.

I heard Matt ask if I was ok, and I quickly flipped him off. Brian helped me to Zack's car, into the front seat, then he stood there while Zack screamed at Matt "So... what's new? Haven't seen you in a while?" He offered a smile as I managed a small laugh "I don't even know what to tell you right now, Jackie." He whispered and bent his knees so he was at my level "Mich'll have Val's ass tomorrow, I'm sure of it. There'll be sibling rivalry for sure, and Ma-"

I put my hands up to his face "I don't even want to hear his name right now." I said quietly as Zack made his way back to the car, his face red and his hands made into fists. He got into the car and looked at Brian.

"Meet back at my place, I'm sure Mich'll need a ride home too."

"Yeah, I'm not exactly sure if I'm ready for this one." He laughed and shut the car door, gently tapping the window and smiling at me as Zack sped off out of the driveway. I curled my feet up to my chest and welcomed the momentary silence, until Zack decided to break it.

"What... How'd you... walk in?" He asked carefully.

"They were in his room, I was pretty much the cockblock of the night." I managed a laugh, as if it didn't effect me. But on the inside my world was falling down, everything was crumbling down into the deepest circle of Hell.

"Jackie..." Zack whispered and took my hand "I'm so sorry... I-"

"It's not your fault, Zack. It's mine, for not realizing this wasn't going to work."

Zack stopped talking and the rest of the ride was silent. When we pulled in the driveway, Michelle was at the front door with Maddy. I sighed. "Are you sticking to your word?" Zack asked.

"Yes." I Nodded.

"It's going to be tough." He took my hand "I don't know..."

"I don't want any of this to affect the band, Zack. It's personal, seriously personal. And it shouldn't really even affect you guys as friends. Maddy won't call him Dad, he has his fucking engagement ring back-" I placed my hadn over my mouth as a sob escaped "I can do this."

"We're all here for you." Zack smiled as he opened his door "All of us."

I smiled and watched as he got out of the car, Brian beating him to Michelle. They were in deep conversation, and she quickly handed Maddy to Zack as her hand covered her own mouth. I got out of the car just in time to hear her screaming, walking down the walkway. She walked up to me and took my shoulders in a hug.

"I'm going to go fix this, right now." She whispered in my ear "What I should have done the first time." She pulled back, gave me a smile, and walked to her car.

"Mich!" I hollered after her. She stopped getting in her car and looked at me "Nothing stupid or illegal?" I asked.

"Nothing illegal." She smiled and climbed in. Leaving out stupid. I sighed and walked to the door, drying my eyes as Brian waited for me.

"She's going to do something stupid." I informed him as he wrapped me under one of his arms.

"Well, then we know it'll be affective." He laughed and walked me into the house, both of us soaking wet from the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the drama begins.

xoxo Jbizz