Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

54

*Jackie's POV*

"We're leaving."

Zack poked his head in my bedroom door. I turned, smearing my lipstick across my cheek "You scared me." I laughed as he shook his head with a chuckle "Did mom ta-"

"She has Maddy. Her and Dad went out shopping or something." He waved his hands around and walked in "You sure you wanna come?"

"Yeah." I nodded "I mean... They are my friends. It is the last concert in California for a few months." I Sighed and rested my head on Zack's shoulder as we stared into the mirror. Our heights the only thing separating us from perfect identical twin status.

"You know you can come visit whenever you want to. The bus is always open to family." He smiled into the mirror at me. I sighed, seeing the same amount of stress in his eyes as mine.

"I still can't believe you're leaving right after the show..."

"Seattle." He smiled and hugged me with one arm, turning me towards the door "Come on, last show and I can't be late before we go on tour. They'll leave without me and you KNOW it." He laughed and walked me to the door.

To my fate. To goodbyes. To their departure. To my future.

Without Matt.

~*~*~

"I'm so happy you came! Mich ditched at the last minute." Brian picked me up as Zack rushed into the dressing room.

"Believe me, it was like pulling teeth from a chicken." Zack yelled as he ran.

Brian glanced at me and shook his head "Why didn't you wanna come?"

Cue Matt walking over, apaprently not seeing me. I placed my hand on my hip and Brian bit his lip, hiding a laugh "Oh, hey... I didn't see you... over here..." Matt mumbled and punched Brian's arm "Is Zack here ye-"

"Duh." Brian pointed at me "Like she drove on her own will."

"Yeah... anyways." Matt turned and Brian raised his eyebrows.

So much for caring. I rolled my eyes and glanced, out of curiosity, at Matt's left hand. He had it bandaged.

"Dude, what the heck happened to your hand?" I asked, mother and somewhat caring instincts kicking in "Are you ok?" I reached for his hand but he retracted it quickly, giving me a cruel look.

"It's fine. Just hurting a fuckload lately." He sneered "We're on, Gates. Go get Zack or we're starting without him." Matt gave me a glare and walked towards the stage.

Brian shrugged and walked backwards, giving me a thumbs up and a wink before turning to find Zack. I laughed and moved towards the opposite side of the stage, where Zack usually stood. The right side, the left if you looked from the audience.

"Hey LA! We're Avenged Sevenfold, and this is our last show before tour!" Matt announced into the mic. Zack ran past me and on stage, taking his guitar from a roadie. There were cheers, shouts, screams, and a few I LOVE YOU!'s from the crowd. I rolled my eyes and sat back on a beat up couch behind the stage, letting my mind wander past the loud screams, guitar solo's, and drum beats. To somewhere I wanted to be.... back in Matt's arms. Without all these problems. Without pride. Without my stupid ego of sticking to my words.

~*~

"How was it? Did we rock your socks off? Did you die or something, cos you're really comatose." Jimmy stood infront of me after the show. I had spent the majority of the show fighting tears, but when they started playing Strength Of The World, onf their new songs, the one Matt said he started writing when I was captive with that sick fuck as he so lovingly put it, I lost it. So I quickly dried my eyes and laughed as Jimmy stared at me, hands on skinny hips, giving me the I want the scoop NOW look.

"It was awesome. You guys always rock my socks off. And no, I'm alive...unfourtunately." I mumbled the latter under my breath, but you know, he's a fuckin' bat with the hearing skills he has.

"Uhh excuse me? What was that last part?"

I gave him the 'shut up' sign with my hand slashing over my throat as everyone else walked over. He squinted at me and sat down "Love y'a Jimbo... I'm going to miss you boys so bad!" I groaned and collapsed on him.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy too, kiddo. I've really only known you like... a year? OH MY GOD! It's been a year! Almost... soon!" He laughed "What is it, like... September?"

"No. August 14th." I rolled my eyes.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE NINETEEN!" Jimmy jumped on me.

"Yah, in like.. two months." I laughed "More than that."

"But still. We won't be here." He pouted.

"Don't worry, she's flying out for the show." Zack walked over.

I laughed "Yeah right."

"Yeah, yeah." He smiled at me "We already have it all planned out. And since we'll be on tour for Maddy's first birthday, we have that planned too."

"Awe, you are amazing bro!" I stood up and jumped on him, almost strangling him to death.

"I know, I know... NOW GET OFF ME!" He laughed and shook me off "We have to go..." He pouted.

"Wanna come see the bus?" Brian ran over "I was just on it, they're loading our shit on it, but HOLY SHIT IT'S AWESOME!" He shouted "It has a PLASMA screen, wicked roomy bunks, and, like... A MINI FRIDGE IN THE FRONT AND BACK LOUNGES!"

"Sick! Come on!" Jimmy stood and took my hand. I couldn't help but laugh. For our last hoorah until Halloween, if I trusted Zack's word, it would be pretty fun...
♠ ♠ ♠
ANOTHER ONE! Orriginally!!! I had they're makeup planned for this. Like "Oh you'er leaving... I suddenly love you again and forgive you because I trust you now!" But I was like "Dude, Matt's getting off the chain way too fucking easy in this story... let's fuck it up!" HAHA so anyways... I have a dream... a cruel, mean, EVIL dream.... you'll just have to wait and seeee ;D