Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

55

(DATES WILL NOT MAKE SENSE RIGHT NOW. Technically Maddy was born in like, June. Ok? But I'm making her six months old in September. Kinda fucking with time here, but I need to to make this all work. I originally fucked up the times anyways.... lol so this is where it was supposed to be :) enjoy!!)

*Jackie's POV*

Maddy was in her playpen, crawling at six months old, my weird child. I was cleaning my new appartment. Yeah appartment. Believe it? Me neither. Neither can I believe Maddy's six months already... six months, one so far of which her dad has been asbent. Of course, he hasn't made any effort. I've Skyped every night with Zack, a few times the other guys (minus Matt, doi) crashed and joined in. All the pictures of us around the houses have been taken down, especially the romantic ones at the old house. I used my spare key to his place to let myself in and retrieve my shit, all of it. I left the key, and a note which he won't read until their next home show, on the kitchen counter and locked myself out for good.

Maddy was mumbling to herself now, trying to form words. I hoped her first word wouldn't be a lie to herself. But most kids start with the 'm' sounds, don't they? We can hope it's me or Michelle... or her own name.

"Is it worth can you even hear me? Standing with your spotlight on me-"

"Hello?" I dove for my cell phone, nearly knocking over an open bottle of Windex in the process.

"Oh my gosh hey! You answered!"

My heart rate picked up "NICOLE!" I shouted into the phone "Wassup chica?"

"Not too much, I've been trying to call you the past few hours... did you disconnect Matt's phone or something? No one's answering over there. And you two are usually-"

"We broke up." I stopped her before she completely cut open the old wound, and a fresh new one.

There was a long pause "Oh... holy shit, I'm so sorry babe. Is... Is everything ok? I mean, clearly it's not but... Wow. Why?"

"He fucked Val again. Anyways, enough about me. They're on tour, I don't have to deal with them. I have my own place. Maddy and I are rockin' together." I laughed as Maddy succesfully sat herself up and then fell forwards again. I laughed "What's new with you?" I asked.

"I... well... After that, I feel horrible about this..." She paused "I got engaged two months ago and... well, we're getting married in a month, I was wondering if you'd come but, I completely understand-"

"I would love to!" I shouted, eating my words immediatly "What date, time, venue... I'll be there babe, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

She laughed "It's November second, at this little church downtown here."

I bit my lip "I'm actually... not around that whole week." I sighed "Zack kinda set up this party thing in Miami for me, he's flying me down there for my birthday, and the week after it." I groaned "FUCK!"

"Listen, it's fine!" Nicole laughed "I'll just have to come see you in Miami..."

"Don't tell me." I laughed "Honeymoon?"

"You got it babe. No Cancun, or Aruba... but... Hey! It's nice... Anyways, I gotta run. Dan just got home, I'll talk to you later babesicle?"

I bit my cheeks, not gunna cry, not gunna cry "Yeah, definately. I'll call you soon. Love you, bye."

I hung up the phone before she could respond, and burried my face into the couch. I let myself cry for a good ten minutes, before there was a loud knock on the door.

I huffed a sat up "Hold on! COMING!" I Shouted as it got louder "Jeesum, I'm coming!" I shouted andhastily wiped at my eyes. Anyone who would come see me here, who knew I was here, wouldn't care seeing me like this. The only person I didn't want seeing me like this was one of the guys. I swung the door open and my jaw dropped.

"H-h-hey. What's the matter?"

My heart dropped to the floor, sprung back up into my chest, and partially choked me. I ran to the bathroom, leaving the front door open, and puked my guts out. I heard footsteps, talking, more footsteps, and kicked the door shut, hearing a thick thud noise that wasn't it closing.

I glanced up at his concerned eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked, wiping my mouth on a towel.

"We uh... had a show last night in uhm... Santa Monica and decided to come back home for a night since we can just fly out to Texas tomorrow for the show and meet the bus..."

I stood up and pushed him out the door "You still don't have the right to be in my house." I hissed and closed the door, hearing Zack in the living room talking to Maddy. I brushed my teeth quickly, and flew out the door. I took Maddy in my arms just as her eyes met Matt's "Don't." I mumbled as Matt opened his mouth "I vowed, I gave you consequences. I'm not.." I swallowed the lump in my throat and sat down. "Why are you here?" I looked up at Zack and Matt "Where's Bri, Jim, and Johnny?"

"With their girls." Zack shrugged and took Maddy back from me.

"Shannon?" I asked. Zack shrugged "Sorry, bro..." I whispered and leaned against him, paying no attention to Matt as he sat down hesitantly.

I glanced at him once things got too quiet "So... how's tour going for you guys?"

"It's... going." Zack laughed "One month and I already wanna be home. I miss you two." He poked Maddy's nose, then mine. I laughed.

"How 'bout you, Matt?" I asked, feeling the urge to be the bigger person here.

"It's... yeah, going." He laughed and scratched the back of his neck "I do miss being home."

Home.

"Where'd you guys crash last night?" I asked.

"Brian's. It was the central point anyways." Zack shrugged "But I'm swinging home to sleep tonight, then revamping my luggage, and catching the plane at nine."

"Same." Matt nodded. My heart sunk, he was going home tonight. He was going to see the key, and read the letter. "Nice place." He looked around, his eyes catching a few of my books that were at his place, he turned to me and pointed at them "How'd you get those?"

"What?" I asked, pretending to be stupid.

"The books there... those were at my place." He stood up and grabbed them "What'd you do...?"

"Nothing but took what was mine, Matt. Only my stuff. Clothes, my books, and... oh yeah, my hair straightener that I've been accusing Brian of taking on tour with him." I laughed as Zack punched my arm.

"He's been looking for it though." Zack laughed. I giggled and took Maddy, stood up, and stared at Matt.

"I don't want you to think I trashed your place because I hate you. I didn't. I left it the way I found it when I walked in... Which wasn't the cleanest ever. Believe me, I had the urge to clean it for you for when you came home. Michelle's doing the same for Brian... but then again, they're-"

"Don't do it." Zack warned.

"Engaged." I hissed out.

"Engaged? You want fucking engaged?" Matt asked and ripped the bandage off his hand, showing his ring underneath it and mine in his palm "I don't want to lose you. I don't want to forget you. Everytime some chick would come up to me with a beer, or with some type of... suggestive anything, I'd have you're ring right here." He pointed to it in his hand "I wouldn't be able to even THINK about them with the thought of how fucking pissed you'd be. Granted we aren't together, or really even on talking terms, but I did want to show you something. That I was going to stay sober, enough, not to fuck around with sluts. Ok? You want engaged? You can't have engaged, you're the one who threw it away and wouldn't take it back." He hissed and placed the ring down on the coffee table "Whenever you're ready, it's there. Ok?"

He turned, walked to the door, and opened it. My eyes shot quickly from the ring, to Matt, to Zack, to Maddy. All back and forth within the time it took him to open the door and begin walking out.

"WAIT!" I Shouted and ran up to him, turning his shoulders forcefully "I love you. But I feel like a completely spineless all-talk-no-action bitch when I say this... but I love you. I want you. I never wanted to watch you leave. I never wanted to tell you that you can't see Maddy. I don't want to go back on my word and have you keep walking all over me. I feel like a gutless flipflopper here, I can't make up my mind..." I took a deep breath and broke down, tears streaming down my face "My God, Matthew Sanders, I'm so confused over you." I burried my face in his chest, with the help of his arms pulling me in. He kissed the top of my head and I could feel his body shaking as the crown of my head got wet from his tears.

"Ew cry fest, come on Maddy. Let's not completely lose all your respect for your parents." I heard Zack mumble as a door shut down the hallway.

"I love you, so much. And that makes me scared, Matt. I'm afraid that I'll do anything for you, even give up my self respect... and I don't want to do that. I want to be strong, but I don't want to block you out.. I'm so confused, Matt... I'm so... afraid." I looked up at him. A tear rolled down his cheek "Don't bullshit me, Matt, cos this won't be easy."

"I swear on my life to pay attention." He whispered and hugged me tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fucked it up huh? You thought I was gunna keep them apart longer ;D ;D ;D LOL

DOn't worry, this isn't the end. Or even their 'reuniting' point. :) I just gotta go to bed. I have school tomorrow, as I've had the past few days, and then work in the afternoon. I'll try to write again later that night, no promises.

comment/rate/subscribe?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizzle

PS: THat whole shpeil Jackie cries at the end was probably one of the most fun/sad things I got to write "My God, Matthew Sanders, I'm so confused over you." Was meant to fit into this story from the beginning LOL. I had a big yellow sticky on my bulletin board that had that written on it, and "IA:VE" underneath lol. SO I had to :)

gnight! xo