Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

56

*Jackie's POV*

(October 15th.)


Maddy was spending a grandparent day with Matt's parents. The guys were back on tour. Somwhere on the East Coast right now. They were doing amazing, we'd talk every morning, they would always be genuinly happy of what they were doing.

I, on the other hand, was starting to shy away from talking to them as much. New friends, new scene, new things within a month of them leaving. I was beginning to notice days sliding through my fingers. Maddy was crawling, I was less observant of where she was, she spent more time on her play mat than in my arms lately.

Kara, my new best friend and partner in crime, was always over now. Having my own place made it easier for me to make mistakes. Big ones.

"Are you sure?" I asked as she handed me the tube.

"It's fine, I mean... it's great. Believe me, it takes your mind off things for a while." She winked and walked out of the room "Habits, I gotta be alone."

"Wait!" I shouted and stood up "This... I've never injected anything into myself before... how do I do it?" I asked, holding the syringe in one hand as she stopped in the doorway.

"Hold on." She turned and shoved the needle into her own arm, slowly letting the liquid into her veins. She shook her head and looked at me "Ok, you need to find a vein first..." She walked over and looked down at my arm.

~*~*~

"Oh. My. Gosh!" I laughed as I kicked my feet up onto the couch, the room was spinning, the couch felt weird underneath me, like it was made of an un-Earthly material.

"I told you it would be awesome." Kara handed me a Marlboro "Baby's not here, it's fine." She handed me her's "I can light a new one."

I placed the cigarette between my lips and took a drag, a cigarette, now that wasn't a foreign land to me. I'd had one, one only, somewhat liked it, but stopped because of Maddy.

"Zack would so kill me right now, if he saw this." I laughed as I sat up and looked at the clock "What time uh... did.." I paused.

"One." She smiled "You'll be out in a bit though... that was a heavy dose."

"Dude, my kids comin home at nine. Matt's parents are dropping her off." I groaned "That's not a good idea."

"Call them, tell them something came up and you need the night." She shrugged "It helps. You want to forget him, right?" She asked.

My mind was buzzing, but I could still remember Matt telling me he'd pay attention. That we were going to work this out.

"I don't remember anymore." I mumbled as she laughed.

"Good girl." She pulled something from her purse and before I knew it, she was setting up lines on the table. I sighed.

So much for paying attention.

~*~*~

"Hey! JACKASS! Are you awake yet? HELLO!?!? Answer the goddamn phone!"

My eyes shot open as I groaned. Kara left at two am, Matt's parents agreed to keep Maddy overnight, seeing as they were under the assumption I was gone for the night out of town. I rubbed my eyes and screamed.

"FUCKING SHIT!" I moaned as my contacts burnt my eyes. I picked up the phone "ZACK SHUT UP!" I screamed and wobbled my way to the bathroom. I placed the phone down and quickly, with the help of some saline, took my contacts out. I pulled the phone to my ear as I stared at the multiple injections on my arms "What do you want?" I asked grogilly.

"Were you seriously sleeping?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes... What time is it?" I asked.

I heard him doing math and groaned, I walked into the kitchen "Two pm?" He asked.

"Wow, that was fast." I muttered and sat down "Ow." I groaned as I bent my elbow.

"What did you do last night? You sound fucked up." Zack laughed "Did you and Kara have a long night again or something? I swear, don't you girls get tired of sappy movies and popcorn? And cookie dough?" He asked.

"Do you seriously ever get tired of cookie dough?" I asked with a giggle.

"No, stupid questoin, never mind." He laughed "But seriously. You slept in fucking late! Where's Maddy?" He asked.

"FUCK!" I shouted "I was supposed to pick her up at Jane's at ten!" I shouted and stood up, pulling on a hooded sweatshirt and zipping it up, not caring that I was now completely in sweats "I gotta go bro, bye." I hung up and tossed the phone back into the house as I closed the door, making sure all my things were in my purse, and running, stumbling, and just barely made it to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
*hides behind pillows* Yes.... sorry!!! Jesus christ! I'm sorry! IT has to be done. Just... has to. Sorry.

love/cola/candy!

xoxoxoxoxo Jbizz

comment/rate/subscribe