Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

57

*Jackie's POV*

"How could you forget your kid?" Matt asked me on the phone that night. Maddy was home, playing on her playmat, crawling around the living room of the apparetment.

"It's not like I have someone to remind me." I sighed "I was tired, we had a long night, I said I'm sorry."

"You're a mother, you need to start acting like it. You can't have these long nights anymore, Jackie. It's not appropriate for a mo-"

"And going out, touring the world, being a child is appropriate behaviour for a father?" I asked. There was a long pause and a sigh "I thought so. So stop judging my life, until you start living the way you want me to live. Ok? Thanks." I hung up and looked down at Maddy. Then my phone as it rang "Hello?" I asked, half thinking it was going to be one of the guys now.

"Hey." Kara's voice came, almost like a relief to me "Wanna hang tonight?"

"I have Maddy." I Mumbled, wondering if I put her to bed early... "Sure. My place, eight o'clock, bring whatever you want." I smiled.

"Awesome, see you then." She hung up.

I looked at the clock, it was six. I picked Maddy up "Time for dinner, early bed time tonight kiddo." I smiled and walked to the kitchen, where dinner was waiting. Her bottle, and some pasta for me.

~*~*~*~

"I'm heerree!" Kara announced as she walked in.

"SHH!" I laughed and pointed down the hall "Mads is asleep."

"Ok cool." She nodded and sat down "I got the good stuff, or just plain old.. stuff. " She laughed "My friend, Aaron, shot up with whiskey the other night... Said it was pretty good."

"Wow, you can do that?" I asked.

"All it does is send the alcohol straight into your system, you don't have to drink as much or wait as long for it to kick in." She shrugged and handed me a needle, one with my initials on it "So we don't get confused."

I nodded as she took it back and filled it up with a jarred liquid, then another, and another "What the fuck?" I asked.

She looked up at me "Cocktail hour has begun." She smirked and clinked our syringes together at the pressing ends. We squeezed the air out and I watched the needle enter my skin. I cringed at the sting, but pumped the liquid into my arm.

Within minutes my world was spinning. I looked at the clock, after the second shot, it was nine. I felt my phone vibrate and picked it up.

"OH fuck, it's Zack." I mumbled as Kara drank some beer.

"DOn't get it, he'll know." She slurred, her head tipping down the drastically back up. I Rolled my eyes and ignored the call.

"So." I mumbled and laid back on the couch, watching the candles burn. We swapped the lights for candles. It made it... more peacfull. And plus, flashing wicks were a fucking trip to watch.

"How mad?" She asked.

I looked at her and read her expression, even as dull as my senses were, I understood "Disownment bad." I shrugged "Especially since I'm endangering Madeline."

"She's asleep, she doesn't even know." Kara waved it off "And plus, you need to have some fun, too. They're out living it up.. why can't you? I mean, you're eighteen for fuck's sake! You should be having this kind of fun every night!"

"Yeah... I should." I nodded and smiled "I should."

"But so no ones suspicious," Kara began" Saturday night have your parents watch Maddy, and we'll go to this awesome party at my friend's house in LA. Dude, they have shit there you've never even thought possible. Better than whiskey." She smiled, her blue eyes shimmering translucent in the candlelight.

"SOunds like a plan." I Smiled and let my eyes shut as my face collided with the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting closer to when she's supposed to be flying to the M.I.A... what's gunna happen???

xoixoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz