Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

58

*Matt's POV*

"She really hasn't been answering her phone a lot lately." Zack mumbled as we stood outside the venue.

"What if she's busy?" Brian asked "Ever think about that?"

"But.. she usually talks in the morning, and before bed." He looked at me "Aren't you worried?"

"If I say how worried I am, it'll only make it worse." I sighed "She'll be here in a few days, that's all I can see on a bright side."

"Unless she's too busy for that." Zack mocked Brian as Brian rolled his eyes.

"Call her again then, idiot." Brian tossed his phone at Zack "Maybe it's personal."

Zack dialed her number and waited "Hey! WHy aren't you answering your phone?" He asked, putting her on speaker.

"Kara and I've been doing a buttload of shopping for the trip to Miami this week, we've been gone a lot. Sorry." She sighed.

"Speaker." Zack announced and she laughed "How's Maddy."

There was a pause "Good, she's good. Sleeping through the nights perfectly now. Crawling. Getting to grown up too fast." She laughed and I heard someone talking in the background "Hey listen, Kara's here. We're gunna watch a movie. I'll talk to you tomorrow, probably the last time before I see you guys in Miami."

"Cool, bye sis."

"Bye babe." I called out.

"Bye bro, bye babe, bye Brian." She laughed.

"Bye kiddo." He called and Zack hung up.

"See?"

"No, I hear." I laughed.

"She sounded ok." Brian shrugged "Not like... I don't know, like she was doubting coming or something."

I nodded "Yah, I guess that's cool. We'll just see how she is when she get's here Saturday."

"TWO DAYS!" Zack jumped up "I miss her."

"Is she bringing Maddy?" Brian asked.

"Duh no." I rolled my eyes "We're partying, my parents are taking her."

"Cool. So we can party hard! I already have the clubs picked up, lined up, and reserved for each night. Mich is flying out, too. We're going to make up for missing her eighteenth." Zack smiled.

"Mich is coming?" Brian smiled "I didn't know that! YES!" He shouted "Now, let's keep cool and low till Saturday so we can pound out some tunes and screams and shit for when Jackie gets here..."

I smiled, knowing she would be here, with me, by my side, two days from now was... amazing. I couldn't wait, and frankly, didn't really want to wait. I wanted her now, but my patience would have to learn. Two days.... finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the whole next one ready, and you could get a box of tissues ready... I'm not sure, depends on what makes you cry....

xoxoxo Jbizz