Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

6

*Zack's POV*

I was on the job to take Jackie everywhere and anywhere she needed to go today. Not that I minded. Her first night here, we stayed up pretty much all night and talked, it was like there wasn't seventeen years missing all of a sudden. We were on the same page... for the most part anyways.

"So, where are we off to?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen, she was sitting at the table eating some sort of kids cereal and drinking coffee. She looked up and cocked her head to the side, her hair falling in her face. She laughed and tucked it behind her ears "Mom and Dad said that wherever you wanna go, whenever you wanna go, I'm taking you, to get whatever you want. So... where to?" I sat down across from her.

She shrugged and folded her arms on the table "Hmmm..." She tapped her chin "Shopping sounds good. I need a bathingsuit, all mine had to get thrown out." She laughed "Long story. And... I need some shorts and tank tops, and maybe a sweatshirt or two. Some sunglasses, hair stuff, straightener, curling iron, makeup.." She listed a few things off "And picture frames."

"Frames?" I asked "Why?"

"Well... I have some old pictures of my friends, and I wanna hang 'em up." She nodded "And then we should totally go to the beach." She stood up and held her arm infront of her "ONWARD! To the stores so we can go to the beach!"

I laughed and grabbed my car keys from the counter. She smiled and grabbed her purse before we began walking outside.

~*~

"What should I get?" She asked me as we walked into the first store of the day. You know those stores that blast mainstream music and smell like perfume a mile away? What is that... Hollister or something? Yeah, well that's where we were.

"I have no clue." I laughed as I got looks from almost everyone in the store "Anything."

"You don't like it in here." She muttered as she looked through some t-shirts.

"What?" I asked, walking to her side and looked through them, fuck looking like a moron, I was taking my baby sister shopping Goddamnit! I was going to have a good time...

"I can tell you don't like this store, we'll be out in a minute." She flashed a smile at a boy walking by. I poked her arm "Oww, what was that for?"

"No flirting." I scolded as she pouted and walked to the other side, a few shirts hung over her arm. I walked over to the jeans and looked up and down "What size are you?" I asked as Jackie stood next to me, looking.

"Three." She scanned them all "Soo..." She grabbed a pair "These ones."

"Those have holes in them." I pointed out, she nodded slowly.

"So do your jeans." She laughed "Now... bathingsuits.." I followed as she walked away, smiling at the same boy again.

"Noooo flirting." I poked her back and she screeched. The look she gave me when she turned around was deadly.

"As your sister, I have a right to smack you." She smacked my arm "Ha. Now stop poking me-.. Uhm.. hi?" She turned and looked at a girl standing next to us. She was just standing there, staring.

"Aren't you... you're.." She pointed at me "That guitarist? My brother likes your band." She smiled and walked away.

"Wow." I laughed under my breath "That's a first." I mumbled as Jackie laughed "What?"

"Nothing.. she just looked petrified." SHe shrugged "Bathingsuits, man! Bathingsuits!" She pulled my by the arm towards the back of the store where there were walls and walls of bikinis.

"Find a one piece and you can get it." I laughed as she rolled her eyes, picking up a blue and white striped traingle bikinig. She held it up to herself and looked at me.

"How does it look?" She shook her head and laughed "Never mind... I'm getting this one and..." She picked up a black one "This."

"Can we go to a better store? If the guys know I was in here... I migh be gutted and hung." I couldn't help but laugh at the facial expressions of the girls walking past me "Yo."

"Hey, that bathingsuit would look awesome."

I turned back to Jackie and saw her talking with the same boy that's been giving her looks all morning. I felt that protective feeling everyone talks about rise up and almost walked over. But she looked alright, not afraid, or even uncomfortable, so I kept my distance.

"Really?" She asked, picking up the bathingsuit as he nodded "Hmm I think so."

"Think so? That'd look awesome." He laughed and smiled wide "It'll compliment your skin tone and everything." I noticed Jackie start laughing "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yep... just.." She began looking around, her eyes locking mine and giving me the save me look. I smirked and walked over, slinging my arm over her shoulders.

"You ready yet sis?" I asked, giving the kid a nod and smile "Hey."

"Hi..." He mumbled "You took your sister shopping?"

"Yes... is that a problem?" I asked.

"No." He mumbled and walked away, giving me a second look "Wait," He walked back "Aren't you... That guy from that band? The guitarist? What is it.. Avenged Sevenfold or something?" He asked. I closed my eyes and nodded, not exactly how a normal day went, and especially not how I wanted Jackie to think things were gunna be if she had to be taken anywhere by her brother "Are you?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I didn't think you had a sister..." He looked Jackie over as she placed her hand on her hip.

"Long story." She laughed and he smiled "We should be going though, I have tons of shopping to day."

"Yeah, wear out Mom and Dad's credit cards." I smiled as she laughed again.

"Alright... bye." The kid gave us a weird look and walked away.

Jackie smacked my arm "Dude! If I knew you were actually famous I wouldn't have brought you in with me! Jeesum crow on a boat to England! The next store we're going to... we'll make sure no one knows you." The devious smile n her face made me scared... I knew that look, and it was the one Mom gave me when I was going to hate what where we were going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha! ok! I have to go.... and get ready for drama class D= I'll write more later :)

Comments?

xoxoxoxoxoxo Jb