Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

64

*Jackie's POV*

It was... weird, being on a large tour bus, just the guys and I... no Maddy. I knew deep down that this was what I had always wanted, alone time with Matt, the guys, and just... the music they made together. But when things come up in life, you aren't supposed to tap out, you're supposed to tackle back and win. But this, this right here, was my way of tackling back. I knew Matt wasn't ready to give up Madeline, well fuck, neither was I. But neither of us were mentally and maturely ready to take care of a baby.

Anne and Kevin had been called, asked, and they agreed that they'd love to have her for as long as we needed. I knew they would, they weren't the type to turn down a child, they loved taking care of kids. But Matt and I decided that just for this tour, we'd leave Maddy with his parents. And if we ever left for a long period of time again, we'd call Anne and Kevin... call us horrible parents, say what you will, but everyone has a different way of doing things. And we weren't very conventional.

"Mattttiiieee?" I whined as his body left the bunk we had shared for the past three days "Where," I grabbed for him, catching the hem of his boxers "Are," I pulled back as he laughed "You," I whined and struggled as he pulled back "Going?!" I asked, my voice escalating at the end as I fell out of the bunk and onto the floor.

"To get ready to leave for the venue." He laughed and helped me up. I pouted and sat on the bed "Wanna come with me? I don't think anyone else is awake yet... and we just might get the showers to ourselves." He winked.

I patted his chest and covered back up "Go have fun with that, I'm going back to sleep. I'm so beat after that party last night." I laughed, remembering the events from the previous night, er, morning. I wasn't even sure if Jimmy got on the right bus, or if Zack was serious about the tattoo he had done on his foot... when you're that drunk, anything seems real.

"Yeah, but some of us have to work." He laughed and walked for the door.

I closed my eyes and yawned, it was eight AM, we went to bed around... five AM. How he was even functioning on that much sleep was beyond me. Maybe he'd sneak a nap in later... with me.

~*~*~

*Matt's POV*

"The show's about to start. It's eight PM, why isn't she awake yet?" Zack asked me as he paced the dressing room "It's not like a human can't run on three hours of sleep."

"She's a girl, they sleep a lot... apparently." Brian laughed.

"I'll call her." Zack mumbled "Cos she's the last one of the bus, and I left my Sharpie on the bus."

"You can borrow someon elses Sharpie, oh famous one." Jimmy smacked Zack's head as he dialed Jackie's cell phone.

I watched as he paced and huffed, then his eyes shot to mine "I'm gunna go check on her..." He bit his lip, his eyes widening as everyone's minds went to the same place, but no one had the guts to vocalize it. We were touring with other bands, duh, other bands that had habbits we weren't too involved with, habbits that we for sure didn't want Jackie back around...

Zack bolted out of the room and I was on hs heels, running for the bus. "Fucking rain!" Zack groaned as we exited the building, twenty minutes before our set, and adrenaline pumping through our veins.

Zack flung open the bus door and ran up the steps, pretty much only hitting the first and catapoulting himself the rest of the way. "I'll check the bunk, you check the back lounge." I Gave him a look as he walked for the lounge.

"Sounds cool." He nodded, giving the front lounge a quick scan over before we both left the room.

I sighed as I saw her lying in the same spot as where I left her this morning. It was either perfectly fine, and we were freaking out, or not.

"Jackie? Jackie, wake up." I poked her arm as Zack walked in, sighing in relief.

She rolled over and punched me in the stomach, sitting up quickly "WHAT THE FUCK IN TORONTO!?" She asked loudly and focused her eyes on me as I doubled over. I could heard Zack's laugh behind me as Jackie apologized "Oh my gosh, Matt, I'm so sorry... I knew you guys were off the bus, but... I was freaked out when someone was shaking me." She sat at the edge of the bed and pulling me into a hug "I can't believe how fast you got showered and... re-smelly." She laughed.

"Jackie," Zack laughed "It's eight PM."

Jackie stood up and ran for the door "WHAT?! You guys need.... the show.... GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND GO!" She grabbed us by the arms.

"Not until you get ready, we have twenty minutes." I shrugged "Zack called your cell, and we all.... freaked out again." I rubbed the back of my neck as she stared at me.

"Idiots, all of you." She huffed under her breath and ran to the bunks again. I heard some commotion, then she ran into the bathroom, slammed the door, and I heard the water running. Zack and I shrugged at eachother and waited. Within seconds she was out, hair in a messy bun, makeup done perfectly, sweatpants and a tanktop covering her body that smelled suddenly of strawberries. Overpowering but delicious.

"READY!" She shouted and held her hand up, sliding her feet into a pair of flipflops "COME ON COME ON COMEOONNN!!!" She groaned and pushed us to the door, grabbing her purse on the way out. She flicked her flip flops on the pavement as she ran ahead of us.

"JACKIE! LOOK OU-"

But before the words could reach her ears, she ran right into one of the roadies. "Fuck..." Zack mumbled as we ran to her. Thank God he hadn't been carrying any equipment, but none the less, she probably just pissed someone off and that's the last thing we needed right now, was another band's crew taking revenge.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry..." Jackie accepted his hand as he hoisted her up. My eyes quickly adjusted to the dark parking lot as I recognized Jason Berry.

"Thank God it was only me." Jason laughed as Jackie brushed herself off "What are you doing out here anyway-... oh, there they are." He laughed as he saw us "Larry's looking for you two, you're on in like... five."

I nodded "Ok, come on Jackie, let's go in. I'm sure Jimmy wants his goodluck hug." I rolled my eyes, he'd been making it a tradition every show so fr.

"M'kay." She smiled "Thanks for helping me up, Jason." She smiled and gave him a quick hug "See you later kiddo."

"Who's the kid?" He laughed "Oh, and happy belated birthday!" He waved as we all went to walk in.

"Holy fuck, yeah." I Laughed and picked her up as we walked past security "Happy birthday baby."

"Why thank you." She smiled and hugged her arms around my neck, yawning "I'm... so tired." She laughed as I set her down by the stage, only to be tackled by Jimmy..

"GOOD LUCK HUG!" He shouted and went to the side of the stage with a big smile.

"He's weird." Jackie laughed.

"We know it." Zack agreed as he hugged Jackie "See you after the show, sis. Be good, if you need anything, or feel uncomfortable, go find a Berry or one of our crew. Annoy them, something." He rolled his eyes as she smacked his shoulder.

"Guys! You're on!" A tech from the stage shouted at us.

"Gotta run, hun. See you later." I picked Jackie up and kissed her nose before putting her down and running to the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
BAHAH! I have a few more written up already, boring afternoon... anyways, prepare for chapter rape! MAHAHAHAHAHA!! LOL

comment/rate/sub/whore?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz