Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

71

Jackie's POV

I had arrived back home safe and sound, Maddy at Matt's parents house still. I snuggled down into my bed, taking in the familiar scent of my sheets. Alone. Blissfully alone. Part of me hated how much I was enjoying being all alone, the other part was... well.. in love with being all alone.

No boys.

No children.

... Just me. Myself. My thoughts.

And as if on cue, my phone started vibrating from my pocket. I huffed, blowing my bangs from my face, rubbed my eyes open, and slammed my hand onto my phone.

"Hello." I huffed, knowing by the customized ringtone who was on the other end.

"Hey babe." I could hear the smile in Matt's voice.

I sighed and sat up "Hi. What are you up to?"

"Calling you." He laughed. I spitefully laughed "What's wrong? You sound upset..?"

"I'm fine. What did you want, Matt? I was asleep." I was either going to get my period or something was wrong that even I couldn't understand at this point.

"Oh... sorry.. I just wanted to see how Maddy was doing. I haven't heard anything from my parents yet, or you for that matter. It's been three weeks since you got home, Jackie, I just wanna make sure everything's ok-"

"Everything's fine Matthew, Jesus fucking Christ, can't I just pretend to be a normal nineteen year old for once??" I shouted, earning no response but his ragged breathing "Matt..."

"Jackie come on, it's only a few more weeks then we'll be back... I know you can do this. Baby I'll be home to help with Maddy and-"

"And what?!" I shrieked "Do it all over again this winter when you go on another tour? Matt... this is your career." I sighed deeply as I could hear his breathing shallow as my words continued "This is what you do. You tour. You entertain. You're twenty-four years old for God's sake, and you know it clear as I do-"

"Don't you fucking say it, Jaclyn. Don't. You. Dare." His words were pained. "I love you and you know that. You know I love you. Look at your fucking hand."

I glanced down at the bare skin around my ring finger "Matt-"

"No..." He whispered, I could hear the tears building in his tone "Jackie, come on. Please don't do this again. I couldn't lose you again. Don't let your pride get in the way, we can make it. We can do this. Maddy needs us.."

"Matt? What's wrong? Who is that? Is Jackie ok?? Is Maddy ok?!" I could hear Zack's terrified voice in the background.

"They're fine." Matt muffled his voice as they exchanged words. I heard a thunk and a huff.

"Sis." Zack's voice filled the speaker and I lost it. Everything. I spilled my heart, guts, soul, everything.

"And I can't, I can't be a mom. What was I thinking Zack?!" I sobbed into my hands "I can't even do it, I should have known better the first time things went sour.." I caught my breathing as I started hyperventilating. Zack sighed but I continued "I... Mom took me... I uhm.."

"What'd you do?" He sounded almost angry at me.

"Well considering I'm technically her legal guardian-"

"Jaclyn Baker." He sounded torn "I can't believe you."

"Zack what am I supposed to do?!" I cried "He's never going to be around, I want to have a life, we can't have a kid!"

"WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING THEN?! You made the fucking decision to keep a child, you made the decision to make a fucking child! You can't just-"

"YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ZACHARY?! First hand I know how it feels to be given up." I gulped the tears down as he stopped responding "I know exactly what it feels like and I'm sorry. He has no choice, he can't decide here. He's not around, no child service agent in AMERICA is going to grant him custody-"

"What about his parents?" Zack begged "Someone in the family, Jackie. Mum and dad? Anne and Kevin? Anyone! So she's at least-"

"Zack..." I Whispered, wiping my eyes as mom stood in the doorway "It's already being done."

"I can't fucking believe you Jaclyn." I could hear him shake his head against the phone as Matt angrily fought for the phone.

"What have you done?! What did you do?!" He screamed at me once gaining possession over the phone.

"Matt it's for her own good." I Whispered "She needs more than us. She needs someone who's willing to give up everything and anything for her."

"And you're saying-"

"Bye."

"Jaclyn don't do this!" He screamed.

I hung up the phone and shut it off, not wanting to have to physically ignore the eight thousand phone calls guaranteed to come through.

"Mom." I Looked up, tears in my eyes "Am I doing the right thing?" I asked as she sat down next to me.

"No." She shook her head "No... Because if I could take back the time I spent without you, I would. I would have laughed at the thought of giving you up. I would have kept you in an instant and slapped myself. Please... listen to Zack. You know Dad and I are more than willing to take her, as long as you sign over complete custody..." She looked into my eyes, begging, pleading "She can know everything, I don't want you to feel like you can't. We're here for you and Matthew. And so are his parents. You know that hunny."

I looked down at my phone, the screen blank. Black. But behind it I could almost sense the messages, calls, and voice mails being left by Zack and Matt. I looked up at Mum and nodded.

"Ok. But... But I'm moving out." I felt my heart break "I can't live here. I want a life."

Mom silently nodded as tears once again ran down my cheeks. Matt would hate me forever, and I knew it. As Mom embraced me in a warm, strong hug, I glanced over at my dresser where in my jewelry box shined that diamond Matt gave me. I wiped my tears and sighed. Here was to a new beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
*quietly moves from behind couch*

Anyone? .... It's been like... 4 years? I finally turned on my laptop and opened IE and was like... oh... my....

And suddenly it all came back. I'm bored haha, it's summer, I'm working too much and I feel like writing again. So... anyone still out there and reading??? HI!

xxooJb