Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

72

Oh, stop now
Don't you think I can see right through your lips
Parading your burlesque truth
Oh, Love
If you're going to shoot
Won't you take me to the garden
Where I can fall
What am I to you?
Another break for your fall
Another muse on your wall
Or just a ghost


Jackie's POV

I smiled as Kara walked out of the bathroom "Well, it's been a long ass time." She sat down infront of me.

"Too long." I felt the ice cold sensation against my skin and let in a breath "God..."

"Miss Mother Of The Year Award finally came to her senses. Ready for the best years of your life?" She whispered and tossed me a blanket. I nodded slowly as she tossed me another vile. "You remember Dustin? He heard you were back in town. Welcome home present from the family."

I laughed and looked at it "Matt would-"

"Give a shit?" She giggled "Honey, live. What did you do any of this for" She gestured to the condo around us that we had leased together "If he meant ANYTHING to you?! If you two were meant to be, he would have flown home the minute he found out you were doing what was best for you."

I nodded to myself.

"Now stop being so fucking prudish and have some fun! The crew will be over anytime and you don't wanna be the odd man out."

"When am I even the odd man out?" I smiled and pulled back the plastic, smiling as the liquid entered the tube. "God, it's been like..."

"Almost a year." She smiled "I'm so glad to have you back."

"I'm glad to be back."

Matt's POV

"So that's it? She left Maddy at your parent's?" I asked as Zack shrugged "Where is she? Is she living there still? What's going on?"

"Dude!" Zack shouted "If I knew, I'd be on my way home. Mom and Dad won't say a word, all I know is Maddy's there with them. Jackie signed over custody last week. They said apparently because you weren't in the state or some bullshit, that she could. And since she has Jackie's last name." He rolled his eyes "You know-"

"Zack, shut up." Brian stomped in. "He doesn't need a lecture about how if he hadn't let her go we'd be all fine and dandy. If you all couldn't see that she was breaking then you're all fucking blind as shit." He sat down next to me "Sorry."

"I mean... she seemed off but not like I'm gonna go give up our child and abandon you completely." I Sighed "I just want to get home to Maddy.. Make sure she's ok."

"She's with my folks. She's fine." Zack looked up at me "I'm worried about Jackie. She hasn't picked up her phone since we talked last week and she shut it off."

I slammed my head back against the couch and groand "Has anyone tried Michelle? Anyone of her friends?" I choked back the name on the tip of my tongue.

"She wouldn't." Brian spoke the thought in my head "She knows better after last time-"

"Well I mean, she did completely abandon our marriage and our child." I scoffed.

"So we're joking about her life and wellbeing now?" Zack glared at me "She may be a dipshit, she may have fucked up, but she's my fucking sister. Regardless if she's on your shit list, I still don't want to bury her."

"Zack, I never said that." I rested my head in my hands, attempting to call her phone one last time "I wouldn't want anything bad happening to her either but-"

"Hello? Who the fuck is this?"

I pulled back from the phone and looked up at Zack, a man's voice soon screaming on speaker as we all stared at the phone. "Is... IS Jaclyn Baker there?" Zack shouted across the room.

"Who?" He asked.

"Jaclyn Baker? Jackie?" Brian snagged the phone, rolling his eyes at my speechlessness. "Blonde hair, like five foot six?" He asked.

"Uhm-"

"YOU ANSWERED HER PHONE DUMBASS." Brian shouted.

"Oh, you mean Hanson?" He asked. I looked up in time to see Zack's skin whiten. "She's... Uh... " I heard a shuffle "HEY HANSON!!! SOME DUDES ARE PISSED AT YOU. She's walking over." He directed his voice back into the phone.

"That was easy." Brian shrugged.

"Oh so easy." Zack hissed. "Fucking A."

"Dustin why the fuck did you answer my phone?" I heard her voice, distorted and muffled. We all shared a look at the name exchanged. "Hello?" She asked, I could hear glass breaking in the background, a muffled scream, and laughter.

"Jackie-"

"Oh for fucks sake! Dustin you fucking bag of shit!" She screamed "Listen I don't have time-"

"Explain. Yourself. Jackie." Brian angrily staggered his words. "What's going on? You go home, fucking give Maddy up, leave Matt, and go fucking M.I.A. for a week?! What's going on?!"

"Bri... Listen.. I fucked up." Her voice was so confident yet faultered under the surface.

"Why are you with Dustin?" He asked.

"We're having a get together at our place."

"Our place?" His eyes widened. My heart tugged.

"Kara and my house."

Everyone in the room stopped breathing. "Jaclyn-"

"Zachary shut up. I can do whatever the fucking hell I want to do. So why don't you all go fuck some whores and leave me the fuck alone. That includes you, Matthew. Fucking leave me alone." She hung up.

"SHE FUCKING HUNG UP!" Brian shouted.

"SHE'S LIVING WITH KARA." Zack threw a book at his head.

Brian dodged the book and looked up at me "Dude... I mean... at least try not to look like your crying."

I reached up and noticed my face was soaked. I wiped my face off and huffed "She's a fucking idiot." I huffed again, inside my heart was breaking. "She's fucking doing it again."

"Yah? What the fuck are you gonna do about it? Going back there will probably make it worse-"

"Oh really? When did you become a fucking psychic Zack?" I hissed and stood up "What if I don't go back? What if I don't go, and she shoots up that one last time and I could have stopped it? I could have walked in and stopped her?" I felt heat rise in my face as my fists balled up.

"And you think she wouldn't do it just to spite the fact you showed?" He asked "She's my sister. I know how she works. She doesn't want anything to do with you. If not right now, ever. You could push her over the edge by showing up now." He stopped talking as there was a knock on the bus door. It opened and Jason Berry walked on.

"Am I... interrupting something?" He asked carefully. We shook our heads "Cuz we're leaving for LA tonight, long ride. You might wanna get all your stuff off the trailer."

"Thanks Jase." I nodded as he left.

I looked back over at Zack as he shrugged "Do what you wanna do. We'll be home in two days. Three more shows until we can get our shit back in the houses then... we can figure out what to do-"

"You won't last that long." Brian laughed at Zack "You'll be on her case as soon as we cross the state line."

Zack looked down at his feet and sighed "I can't lose her, she's my sister. Like I said. She may fuck up... but we all do. I just don't want her dead. I don't care if she hates me forever for it, but at least she'll be alive."

All I am to you
Is your vanity scorn
All I am to you
Is your statue cast down
All I am to you
Is your desire for more
Your fiery pit
Your endless regret
Your self-righteous love
Your crime to commit
♠ ♠ ♠
That song is Nightengale by Everett Thomas. It's absolutely beautiful. I was listening to it as I wrote this. So... yah... Hi again haha.

xxxoooJb