Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

73

Jackie's POV

All this wasted space. This whole room it takes. Hard to stay awake. This is my escape.

If we fill it back up,
Amphetamine rush,
Set me on fire tonight, tonight
If we fill it back up,
Amphetamine rush,
Set me on fire tonight, tonight


Lights.

Bright lights.

Everywhere.

"Jackie!"

I looked to my left as Kara ran over, smiling as her body collided with mine. I laughed and fell back onto the couch.

"This song!" I smiled "I haven't heard it in AGES!" I giggled as she sat up clumsily, pouring a white substance onto the coffee table, three guys sitting down beside us.

"Paul, Jeremy, and Taylor." She smiled at me as they raised hands in acknowledgement on who they were.

"Every blown before?" Taylor asked, looking up at me with bloodshot eyes. I nodded.

"Not in a while though." I laughed as Kara took the first line and handed the rolled up bill to me.

"Well, heres to a good night."


Stabs me in the back,
Takes me, all I have
Wrestled to the floor,
See you soon for more


I could feel the rush to my head as Taylor sat next to me. Seven days. Seven days straight I hadn't barely left the damn house. All we did was get stoned, drunk, and watch movies. Kara's parents pretty much started paying for our condo, they didn't care. They wanted her to be able to be a kid. She was twenty-two. I envied her so much. But nowhere in my mind was what I had left behind.

They say long enough the drugs will numb the memories, the pain.

"Hey!"

I looked up at Taylor's hand ran across my cheek "You're gorgeous."

I smiled, blushing. But he didn't notice. My face was red from alcohol. "Thank you. You ain't too bad ya'self." I smiled as he leaned closer.

"We should sneak upstairs while these losers keep snorting this grade D shit." She smiled and tapped his pocket "I got some good stuff."

I shrugged as my body couldn't hold back from him picking me up off the couch. It didn't help we barely ate... ever. All we did was get high.

"Jackie! Where you off to?" Kara smirked and waved us off.

"To wonderland." Taylor smacked my ass as we escaped up the stairs to my room. He slammed the door shut behind us and I sat down, feeling my phone vibrating in my pocket for the millionth time tonight. "Check it while I set us up sweet thing." He kissed my cheek and pulled up the side table.

I nodded and yanked out my phone from my tight jeans.

Zack

The screen flashed. I opened the message.

We'll be home late tonight, we should talk. Matt's worried, so are we all. Please.

I glided my fingers over the screen, quickly answering, wrongly in my state of mind.

We're all at our place, you should come over. We can talk. I'm upstairs, tell Kara to let you in. Love you bro, see you xxxo

I attatched my address and slid my phone under my pillow as Taylor handed me a needle "Now we can start the party."

I smiled an rolled up my sleeve further as he skillfully placed the needle in the crook of my arm "Hold on tight baby, this shit will take you for a ride." His lips landed on mine, taking my attention off the needle piercing my skin. His tongue glided aginst my lips and he injected the liquid. My eyes shot open as he smiled "Lets have some fun."

I could feel my head spinning, everything made me giggle. He turned the radio on and even the stupid mainstream pop music had me dancing and laughing as he set up for round two. Both of us ignoring the flashing light coming from my phone on the bed.

Zack's POV

"Well... she said come over." I yawned as we all sat in the condo parking lot.

"I'm gonna guess that house." Brian pointed to the house with multiple cars parked outside and loud music.

"What was your first guess?" Matt sighed and got out of the car "I just... Zack." He glanced back at me as a group of kids stumbled into the back yard. "Oh, smart. A pool mixed with pot heads."

"Matt.." I stopped at the front steps and reached down "They aren't smoking pot.." I handed him the needle.

"Oh for the love of Christ." He slammed on the door, awaiting an answer.

Suddenly the door swung open "Heyyyy" Kara swayed side to side "You here to see Dustin?" She asked, ushering us in "Or me?" She ran her finger down my chest. I swatted her hand away "Dustin then." She hissed at me. "DUS!" She shouted.

"No, actually." Matt piped up "Jackie."

She looked around "She's not here." She shrugged "You might have to settle for me."

"Where is she Kar?" Brian asked, standing infront of her.

"Whats up?" A guy asked suddenly, looking us over judgementally.

"They're looking for Hanson." She whispered.

"Oh, she's with Taylor. I'm Dustin." He stuck his hand out, my eyes noticing the tie off on his upper arm.

"Zack." I stuck my hand out as he shook it. "She said she was upstairs, we can find her."

"Suit yourselves. Fuckin weirdos." He laughed, taking my hand back "Here, they're probably fuckin' gone so you might wanna catch up." He winked as I opened my hand and gulped at the sight of the white powder. "Catch ya 'round."

"JESUS." Matt looked at me "Come on."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun
Dun
DUUUUNNNNNN

xoxoJ