Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

8

*Zack's POV*

Saturday morning as I walked down the hall, all I could hear was singing. Mom and Dad had gone off to work, and it was already ten am. I stood infront of Jackie's door and listened.

"She grew up in the city in a little subdivision, daddy wore a tie momma never cooked a chicken, valet straight a's most likely to suceed." She sang out along with the radio "They bought her a car after graduation.... hmmm mmmm blllahh.." She mumbled "Now she's coming home to visit holdin' the hand of a wild eyed boy with a farmers tan!" I laughed and listened more. "Why she's riding in the middle of his pickup truck, blaring Hank Junior yellin' turn it up! They raised her up a lady but there's onet hing they couldn't avoid: Ladies love country boys."

I stepped back as the music shut off and the door handle moved. She was still humming as she walked out, already showered and dressed. Her eyes widened and she slurred a note and stared at me.

"Oh... I;... I'm sorry... Did I wake you up?" She asked, squinting a little.

"Nope." I laughed "What song was that?" I asked "It sounded good."

"Ladies Love Country Boys by Trace Adkins." She smiled "I have a soft spot for country music and American pride."

"I'm proud to call you my sister." I laughed as she nudged my arm "What's on the agenda today? It's saturrddaaayy and it's supposed to be nice out today."

She shrugged as we walked side by side down the hallway "I dunno. I was actually goin to head down to the beach and tan.. maybe scope potention school mates." She winked "How about yourself? What's on your agenda today?" She laughed and plopped down on the couch.

I shrugged and walked to the kitchen as she turned the TV on. I poured two cups of coffee and stirred in the correct amounts of cream and sugar. I walked back out and handed a mug to Jackie.

"Awe, thanks." She smiled and turned to the television.

"Probably hanging with the guys. Maybe practice a little, there's supposed to be a show tonight... but I'm not sure where. Matt usually sets these things up. But... with the Val situation he's been a little... not there." I shrugged as Jackie stared "Yeeaah.... girlfriend issues."

"Oh." She nodded "Well I wanna come watch you guys play," She sipped her coffee "If that's ok."

"Yeah, that'd be awesome." I smiled as she laughed "I can see if Michelle wants to come over or something, unless you like tanning alone." I shrugged.

"That'd be cool, I lost her number... somewhere.." She pulled out a cell phone from her pocket. It was a BlackBerry.

"Dude, where'd you get that?" I asked, looking it over.

"Oh, Anne and Kevin's going away present." She smiled "Cool huh? I love it, it's like... my life saver. I lost my old one, it was neon orange... but Purple is so much cooler." She scrolled down the list infront of her "What's her number?"

~*~*~

A few hours later Michelle, Brian, Matt, and Val were all over the house. I didn't exactly know Matt was bringing Val until... well until they showed up. Michelle knew it wasn't the coolest thing of him to do, or even of Val to do. There was just something... weird about it.

"Hey! We're here! Let's move Baker!" Michelle shouted up the stairs and turned around, squishing her face up with a giggle "That's so cool to say and have a girl run down the stairs."

"Oh I know right? It's so weird now.. now we have to specify which one we're yelling at." Brian laughed and sat down "So, you ladies are tanning and what exactly are we doing?"

"I dunno. Practice. Are we still playing that show?" I looked at Matt as he fidgited next to Val, nodding amidst his squirming. I rolled my eyes "Jackie! Come on! How long does it take to put one of those bathingsuits on?! They're less material than ONE of my socks!" I laughed as she skipped down the stairs, a tank top and shorts over her bathingsuit.

"Oh hush yourself." She laughed and placed her oversized sunglasses on her nose "Ready Michee-...lle?" She looked between Val and Michelle then looked at me, pointing at both of them "Who's who and whaaaat's going on?"

Michelle laughed as Val rolled her eyes "This is my twin, Val. Matt's.... What are you two now?" She asked with a smirk as Val huffed.

"Ask him, apparently he calls the shots around here." Val rolled her eyes "Can we just get out of here?" She ran her hands through her hair. Michelle hooked arms with Jackie and gave her a sorry look.

"Yah come on, before the beach gets too packed." Michelle smiled and began dragging Jackie from the house, a reluctant looking Val following them, muttering under her breath.

As soon as I was sure they were out of ear shot, not that I cared if Val heard, I turned to Matt "DUDE! Val is gunna eat her alive!!" I threw my hands in the air "You know how fuckin' protective she is! One thing Jackie says about how much of an ass you were and Val is gunna rip her kidneys out through her throat!"

"I was not an ass." Matt sat down and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Not the point," Brian piped up "She can easily be joking. Val'll still take her seriously and get all defensive. Someone's going to come back in tears, dude. That wasn't a cool move." Brian kicked his feet up "You know Michelle doesn't like coming between someone and her sister, and I don't know who she'll chose now. Jackie or Val... they say blood is thicker than water."

"I don't expect Mich to stick up for Jackie, that's not her job." I sighed "Matt."

"I KNOW I KNOW! Ok? What was I supposed to do? She hasn't fucking left me alone in the past few days. I can't get rid of her!" He groaned "I'm sorry!"

"Well just save the sorry for later. Because this isn't coming between anyone. If Mich stick up for Jackie, Val is gunna hate her and tell you not to hang around with me, and all hell is going to break loose." Brian added as Matt sighed "Dude... this only spells touble." He added with a mutter.

"Yeah, tell me about it... Great first week with a new family." I mumbled and kicked my feet up onto the chair next to me "I bet Jackie thinks we're all a bunch of assholes..."
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO... Vaaaallll.

Ok, this story needed a problem, and here we are :) I'm not saying Val's a bitch in real life, I actually respect all of the guys' other halves. I would never say anything bad about them in real life, this is a fictional story, ok? I don't believe any of them are seriously evil in real life, haha, just extremely lucky :) Just wanted to clear that up. I'm one of the 'hate the girlfriend haters'. LOL

xoxoxo Jb