Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

84

Matt's POV

I wasn't exactly sure how I was doing it, but I hadn't touched alcohol. I hadn't touched it. The thought made me sick. I wasn't sure if it was because I knew if I drank I'd lose all control and just drink myself to death, or the fact I wanted to be sober enough to figure out my life and fix it all. Michelle said stop trying to save her, but I knew that's what I was meant to do. Save her from herself, because she saved me from myself before. I had a total of twenty-seven songs written, and the majority of the guitar, drums, and bass written for them all.

Music was my savior. If I didn't get to write, I probably would have died. No one spoke to eachother. I had given up on seeing Maddy and it killed me, she was my daughter for God's sake, but she reminded me of Jackie and it killed me. Since Jackie's parents had legal custody over her, when I stopped coming around, they made one of the most heart wrenching decisions.

They gave her up.

Zack moved out, he took all of Jackie's things and his things and left. He moved up to Los Angeles and refused to speak to them. The rest of the guys heard and were more than upset, it was uncalled for and horrific. That was the one day I almost picked up a bottle of Jack but smashed it down instead. Watching the cool amber liquid trail down the counter top. I didn't need that shit. I didn't need any of it.

I needed my fiance. My ex fiance. I needed to get through this with her. No one told me which facility she was at, no one would speak to me. Which was fucked up. But I understood, they had explained pretty well the last day we all saw eachother. For Jackie's good it needed to happen. And I truly think it was working, for all of us. Well... so I hoped.

Brian's POV

"I just... I want to go see her, but I don't know what to talk about. It's like... awkward." Michelle sighed as we sat on the couch, watching a movie "And I absolutely hate not seeing everyone together."

"It has to happen like this though. It'll help when she gets out... I mean, now there's a whole new factor to consider her freaking out over. I still... I still can't believe them." I Shook my head. After Zack made the decision that we all needed a more than band related break from things, Mich and I reconciled and were back on wedding planner mode.

"I want to sock her in the jaw." Michelle hissed "I can't believe they adopted her into a family from Washington."

"And won't tell us who the fuck they are." I added "It's... It's bullshit. I want to go scour that whole fucking city for her and take her back."

"Babe that's kidnapping... and illegal." She laughed "I just... I want everything to be smooth again at somepoint. Like... be able to physically exist in the same spaces together as the rest of the guys and Jackie at the same time."

"Yah.. it'll happen." I laughed "I'm just... this breathers nice. Matts probably going fucking batshit."

"See?!" Mich threw her hands up "That, right there. It shouldn't be probably. You should be communicating and-"

I leaned over and kissed her "Shh." I laughed "It's good for us all. We need to focus on ourselves. The band will happen, we'll get back out there. We just need sanity time." I cradled her face in my hand "Jackie will be back in six months, we'll have a barbecue at Zack's place, it'll be a huge reunion."

"No it won't." She shook her head free of my fingers "Matt won't be there."

"Zack wants him there, because she's gonna have to deal with him for band purposes." I Smiled "He has it all figured-"

"How do you know?" She smirked.

"I mean... He's like my brother pretty much." I smiled and kissed her "Now can we talk about something different? Like... how was work? Hows your parents? Something other than this, it's depressing. Especially Maddy..." I mumbled off as Michelle picked up a conversation just to amuse me as my mind wandered.

I hadn't been to see Jackie in weeks, it killed, but I couldn't bring myself to go without Zack or Jim... or even Jason. Last time I had been there, it was the night after she had a break and she was a shaking mess. I could barely talk to her I wanted to just hug her and tell her all the horrific things going on without her but I knew I had to act like everything was fine for her sake.

For her sake...

Zack's POV

I moved out. Out of mom and dad's. I took all of my things and Jackie's things. I had a room set up for her, curtains, bed, sheets, everything. Six months early, but still. It had to happen. Also, within the time we'd all been taking, I had met this amazing girl and we started dating. I knew life had to move along, and I felt comfortable around her. I hadn't told her about my family, that was the one thing I wasn't ok with talking about. No one I met since all of this knew about Jackie.

But of course sometimes skeletons fall out of the closet if you pack it too tight..

Her name was Olivia, she was five feet five inches tall, she had long blonde hair with black undertones, her eyes were dark brown, and she was all around an incredible person. Last night was the first night, in the three weeks we'd been dating, that she'd spend the night.

"I'm gonna go make some coffee," I placed a kiss on her forehead and got out of bed "The bathrooms the third door on the left."

"Ok babe, see you downstairs." She smiled and rolled over.

I smiled and walked downstairs, grabbing coffee out of the cupboard, checking my cell phone. I had missed calls and texts from Jackie checking up on me and seeing how I was. I laughed and texted her back I was fine, but before I could push send a set of arms circled around me.

"Morning cutie." Olivia smiled as I turned around.

"That was quick." I laughed, figuring she'd have showered before coming down.

"Well..." She laughed "Here's the thing..."

"Ok?" I laughed.

"The third door on," Oh "The" Fuck "Left... it's uhm..." She laughed nervously "All... well... It's a girls room."

"Oh, Liv-"

"Zack... I mean like..." She paused, how the fuck did I tell her the wrong door "If you had a kid you could have told me, I mean... we can probably work through it-"

I cut her off with laughter, her face was priceless as she tried to decode what was going on in my mind "Oh, Liv, hell no. I don't have a kid-"

"Well why is that room decorated for a chick then?" She asked, hands on hips.

"Ok sit down, there's something we need to talk about.." I Handed her a cup of coffee as I grabbed my own and sat down with her, opening the photo album on my phone "So... I have a sister... and well long story short, she's in rehab and when she gets out I'm the only one around here to take her-"

"Your parents?" Liv asked.

"Like I said, long story-"

"I have all day hun." She smiled and cuddled against my arm "She's so pretty." She smiled as I showed a picture of Jackie, this was before the Kara stint though. Right after Maddy.

"So, my parents gave her up for adoption when she was born, yes she's younger than me. Don't ask, no one really understands. So when she turned eighteen, this was last year, she came back to live with us and we hit it off. So did her and one of my friends. She got pregnant, they got engaged. Well, baby came, they freaked out, broke up a ton, then when we went on tour Jackie pretty much gave Maddy, her baby, up to my parents and got into drugs really bad. So we came home since she missed her flight home and-"

I continued the story as Liv sat and soaked it all up, tears in her eyes by the end when I told her Mom and Dad gave Maddy up for adoption two weeks ago.

"That's... that's crazy." She whispered "I can't believe that. She must be so de-"

"Jackie doesn't know." I said under my breath "I... I hate talking about that. It kills me because... she's going to literally croak."

"I bet... oh god." Liv sighed "When does she come home? I can't wait to meet her."

"Six months. She's only... three weeks in."

"Oh wow... so... you don't talk to your friends any more because of her?" She asked.

"No because of he[br]for her. They all agreed, except Matt. Clearly. But I talked to Brian last week and we talked for a long time. She's gonna live with me, the band will be back together, knowing Matt he probably has an album ready to track, and we'll have a cook out reunion. It'll be spectacular." I smiled as she nodded.

Finally, life was going to fall into place... as long as Jackie didn't have a relapse or a breakdown finding out about Maddy, which I'm sure would spark everyone off...
♠ ♠ ♠
xxxxooooo Jb